How To Add Agents in Zendesk
Customers aren’t fond of long waiting times. If your organization is experiencing a surge in assistance requests, you’ll need new agents to effectively support your customers. Luckily, Zendesk made this process simple, allowing you to add as many agents as you need to handle any situation.
If you’re unsure how to go about this, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to learn how to add agents in Zendesk.
How To Add Agents
Successfully growing a business is undoubtedly the goal of every business owner. However, growing businesses also face many challenges. Good customer support is vital in retaining customers and continuing on that upward trajectory.
If your current agents are swamped with tickets, it’s time to add more people to your team. To add a new agent to your help desk, do the following:
- Tap the Zendesk Products icon (four squares) in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Navigate to the “Admin Center” at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Select the “People” icon from the left sidebar.
- Click on “Team.”
- Choose “Team members.”
- Tap the “Add” button at the top of the page.
- Fill in the “Name” and “Email” fields accordingly.
- Under “User type,” select “Staff member.”
- Select the “Admin” option in the “Role” field.
- Press the “Add” button.
If you receive an error after the final step, you probably need to purchase more agent seats.
Zendesk admins can add any type of user, including agents. However, only the account owner can add agent seats to the subscription. Also, when distributing agent roles, don’t forget that your subscription treats the account owner as an agent seat.
How To Add Agent Seats to Your Subscription
Once you fill all available agent seats on your help desk, you can easily purchase more. The price of each seat depends on your Zendesk plan.
Zendesk will inform you when to expand the number of available agent seats to help you manage your account proactively.
You can manage all payments and subscriptions for your Zendesk products through the Subscription page in the Admin center.
To open the Subscription page, do the following:
- Tap the four-square icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Select “Admin Center” at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Account” icon in the left sidebar.
- Choose “Billing.”
- Go to “Subscription.”
Once you’re on the Subscription page, you can make all the necessary changes. Follow these steps to add more agent seats to your plan:
- Tap “Manage.”
- On the “Manage Subscription” page, enter the number of agent seats you need.
- Click on the “Process order” button.
If you can’t see the “Manage” button on the Subscription page, you don’t have the necessary permission to make changes. Only the Zendesk account owner or billing admin can purchase additional agent seats.
Admins in sale-assisted accounts can’t purchase new seats directly, but they can request a subscription change. The account owner or the billing admin will have to approve the request, effectively adding the desired admin seats to your subscription.
In case you’re having trouble adding new agent seats, you can use the Zendesk request form to contact your sales representative and purchase additional seats.
How To Add Light Agents
Suppose you could really use some extra help with the tickets, but you don’t want to use up all your agent seats. In that case, you can add a “Light agent” role to your account.
Light agents don’t have direct control over the tickets, but they can view them and add private comments when necessary. This way, they can help the agents with their subject matter expertise.
To manage team member roles and access, you need to visit the Team Members page. Here’s how you can do that:
- Click the Zendesk Products icon (four squares) at the top right.
- Select the “Admin Center” option at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Tap the “People” icon from the left sidebar.
- Choose “Team.”
- Press the “Team members” button.
Once you’re on the Team Members page, you can assign the “Light agent” role by following these steps:
- Select an agent.
- Tap the “Edit” button.
- Click on the “Manage in Admin Center” button.
- Change their assigned role to “Light agent.”
The number of light agents allowed depends on your Zendesk plan.
- Suite Growth: up to 50 light agents
- Suite Professional: up to 100 light agents
- Suite Enterprise: up to 1000 light agents
- Suite Enterprise Plus: up to 5000 light agents
Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
Having an adequate number of agents is essential for resolving customer support issues promptly. To facilitate rapid growth and smooth business operation, Zendesk made adding new agents pretty straightforward. A few clicks are all it takes to get your support staff back on track and provide exceptional customer service.
Have you tried adding admins in Zendesk? How many admin seats does your business currently require? Let us know in the comments section below.