How To Add a Comment in Miro
Comments are an excellent way of sharing your concepts and thoughts, especially if you’re collaborating with a team in Miro. But how do you add a comment to your Miro project? if that’s the question on your mind, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you’ll learn how to add and manage comments in your Miro projects.
How to Add a Comment in Miro on a PC
Fortunately, adding comments to your Miro board is a relatively easy process. Here’s how to do it using your computer’s browser:
- Go to your Miro account.
- Open the board you’d like to add a comment to.
- On the left sidebar, click on the comment icon. If it’s not in the vicinity, scroll down using the two tiny arrows that are facing downwards.
- On your work board, click on the specific object or area you’d like to add a comment to.
- Type in the comment and click on the send icon. Alternatively, you can press the “Enter” key on your keyboard to send the comment.
That was a piece of cake, right?
If you want to view your published comment, click the orange comment icon on your work board. If customization is your thing, you can toy around with the color pallet on top of the comment widget to personalize the color of the comment widget. The color pallets can also be used to organize your comments into different categories. For example, you can assign red to comments that are urgent and crucial and green to those that highlight a positive sentiment, to name just a few.
How to Add a Comment in Miro on the Desktop App
If you’re a fan of Miro, you probably have the desktop version of the app as well. Here’s how to add a comment to the board you’re working on using the Miro desktop app:
- Launch the Miro app.
- Open the board you’d like to leave a comment on.
- Scroll down along the left sidebar using the two small arrows that are facing downwards.
- Click on the comment icon.
- On your board, click the specific part you’d like to add a comment.
- Type in the comment. If you want to mention another collaborator in the comment, you can use the “@” symbol at the beginning of their Miro username.
- Click the now blue icon to publish your comment.
You should now have your comment published to the project board. To view your published comment, click on the orange comment icon on the board.
How to Add a Comment in Miro on an Android Device
If you’re using an Android-based phone for your Miro project, here’s how to add comments to your work board:
- Launch the Miro Whiteboard App.
- Tap the “+” icon located at bottom-right of the screen.
- Tap on the comment widget.
- On your board, tap the specific area you’d like to add a comment to.
- Hit the send icon to publish your comment.
How to Add a Comment in Miro on an iPhone
- On your iPhone, open the Miro Whiteboard App.
- Tap on the plus icon and select “Comment.”
- Type in your comment and tap the send icon.
How to Add a Comment in Miro Using an iPad
The process of adding comments in Miro using an iPad is quite similar to the PC method, except for minor tweaks in the interface. Here’s how to do it:
- On the left of the screen, tap on the comment icon.
- Tap on the board and type in your comment.
- Press the blue button to publish your comment.
How to Edit a Comment in Miro
To err is human. Luckily, with Miro mistakes can be rectified. Here’s how to do so:
- On your board, click on the comment you’d like to edit.
- On the comment, select the specific part you’d like to rectify and type in the new text.
- Click on “Save” to update the comment. If you change your mind about the update, click on “Cancel.”
How to Delete a Comment in Miro
- Open the comment you’d like to delete.
- At the top right corner of the comment widget, click the three horizontal dots.
- From the options that pop up, click on “Delete”.
- Your comment should now disappear from the board.
How to Reply to a Comment in Miro
Replying to a comment in Miro is quite straightforward. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open the comment you want to reply to by clicking the yellow comment icon on the board.
- The comment should now open and below it, you should see a placeholder that says “Leave a reply.”
- Type in the reply and click the send icon.
What happens to a user’s comments once they leave the project team?
If a user leaves the project team, their comments will still be displayed on the project board.
Can I format my Miro comment?
At the time of writing, Miro doesn’t offer any formatting capabilities for comments.
Are comments included in my exported project files?
No, comments aren’t included in your exported project files. They are solely used in the development environment.
How do I hide a comment from my Miro workspace?
If you find your work interface clogged up with comments and you can’t focus on the task at hand, you can hide comments by turning on the “Resolve” toggle switch.
Clarify Your Thoughts Through Comments
Adding and managing comments in your projects shouldn’t be a headache. Comments are really a great way of keeping track of your own thoughts and helping others to clearly understand your contributions to the Miro projects you’re currently collaborating on.
Have you started using comments in your Miro projects yet? Do you think there are some aspects of the comments system that could be improved? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.