How to Add an Email Signature in HubSpot
HubSpot has many features to enhance your marketing strategies and communication with customers. One of them is setting up your email signature. This makes your messages more professional and provides a direct point of contact to help improve conversion.
Setting up email signatures in HubSpot will be the topic of this article. We’ll show you how to optimize your correspondence in just a few clicks.
How to Create an Email Signature in HubSpot
HubSpot is famous for its intuitive interface. Modifying your preferences is easy, so you shouldn’t have trouble adding an email signature. Here’s how the process works:
- Log in to your account with your credentials.
- Click the “HubSpot Account” button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Profile and Preferences” sections.
- Navigate to “General” and choose “Email.”
- Under “Configure”, click “Edit email signature”.
- Click “Save” once you’re done, and you should see your new email signature.
This is the easiest way to create an email signature. But you can also try the following method if you’re up for a challenge:
- Enter your HubSpot login credentials.
- Open the HTML email signature in your Text Edit if you’re a Mac user, or Notepad if you have a Windows PC.
- Use the “Ctrl/Command + A” key combination to select all content and press “Ctrl/Command + C” to copy it.
- Go back to your browser and go to the top-right section of the display.
- Click the profile icon and choose the “Profile and Preferences” button.
- Hit “Edit email signature.”
- Head to the upper-right part of your window and click your HTML tab. Paste the copied code.
- The HubSpot CRM will now prevent you from saving your code. To resolve this, remove a section. Locate the “style” tag in the upper part of the code. Highlight from the beginning of this tag to the lower “style” tag, which should be about 7-8 rows down.
- Delete the code, and the “Save” option should now be orange. Click it to save your changes.
How to Use Personalized Signatures in HubSpot Marketing Emails
When sending your marketing emails, one of the handiest functions is “Signature personalization.” This feature displays the signature of the contact owner, which needs to be properly set on their profile. Keep in mind that only contact owners can customize their signatures as they see fit. You can’t compose signatures for other owners.
There are minimal requirements for setting up personalized signatures, but one of them is sales access. You’ll need to enable this option by navigating to the “User Permissions” section.
With the requirements and restrictions out of the way, you can finally add your personalized signatures:
- Log in with your HubSpot credentials and head to the “Marketing” window.
- Open the “Email” section and go to any email.
- Choose “Edit” or write a new message.
- Click anywhere on the body of the message. Place the cursor where the signature will be inserted, which is usually after the body of your email.
- Explore the text toolbar in the top-right corner of the screen and click the “Personalize” button.
- Press “Type” and choose “Contact.”
- In the following search box, find the desired “Contact Owner.”
- Click “Contact Owner.”
- Hit the “Signature” button in the dropdown menu.
- Important Note: If the contact owner is not set, but you don’t want to end your message without a signature, you need a default user. Put the default user’s ID into the designated textbox or use a global variable. The default user’s signature still needs to be set manually for this override to work.
- Click the “Insert” button, and the signature should appear in the appropriate location.
How to Add an Email Signature With the HubSpot Email Signature Generator
The above processes are simple, but they’re still manual work. If you want to speed things up and create even better signatures, you should use the HubSpot Email Signature Generator:
- Open the generator on this website.
- Choose a template. There are six free professional options. One of them should suit your business brand and style.
- Type in your name. Alternatively, enter your job role or position in the company.
- Include contact information, such as your number, email address, website, and physical address.
- Set your image, making sure it’s professional. Most people go with their company logo.
- Customize your template with colors, fonts, and text.
- Click “Create” under the template. Press the “Copy” button and paste it into your message.
Step Up Your Marketing Strategies for Better Customer Interactions
You don’t need to be a marketing mastermind to improve your email game. Even something as little as creating a personalized signature goes a long way in making your customers feel special. Whether you set it up manually or use the HubSpot Generator, your clients will appreciate the effort.
Have you noticed a difference between your customer communication after including personalized signatures? Tell us in the comments section below.