How To Add Signature in DocuSign
DocuSign eSignatures is an electronic signing software that allows millions of users to sign and send documents conveniently. This solution is easy to navigate and free if you only use it to sign documentation. Instead of relying on pen and paper and then digitizing the document to send electronically, signing and sending an agreement only takes a few simple clicks.
This article will discuss adding signatures, second signatures, and signature fields through your DocuSign account. It will also cover how to add a signature after sending. Keep reading to learn more.
Adding a Signature in DocuSign
Adding a signature to a document through DocuSign doesn’t involve printing or scanning. The process is relatively straightforward and works well on mobile devices and computers.
Here’s what you need to do to add a signature on your PC:
- Log into your DocuSign account you can sign it for free.
- Select “Start now” to create a new document.
- Tap “Upload” and find the file you wish to sign in your local storage.
- Press the file to select it and hit “Open” to upload it.
- Select the “Add recipients” and fill the name and email.
- Provide message in the “Add message option”
- Click “Next” on the lower right corner.
- Navigate to the “Fields” section in the left corner of the interface and drag and drop the “Signature” tag to the appropriate part of your file.
- Include additional information by adding more tags like” Name,” “Date Signed,” and more.
- Click on the “3 dot button” to open save option.
- Edit message, Edit recipients and Edit documents and then tap “Send and Close.”
- If you wish to send the file Click on the “SEND” button below.
You’ve now successfully signed a document using DocuSign.
You can use the Android mobile app to sign a file if you’re away from your computer. Here’s how to do so:
- Launch the app and press the “Blue Plus Sign” button.
- Find the file you want to sign in your local storage or on a cloud service.
- Select the document and hit “next.”
- Tap “Me” on the select signers option to upload the file.
- Choose the “Signature” option and press the area where you wish to place your signature.
- You can further modify the document by including additional information like “Date Signed” and “Name.””
- When you done tap on the “Finish button” at the lower right corner.
iOS users can also use the app to sign documents quickly. The following steps will guide you through the process:
- Open the DocuSign app from the home screen and hit “Sign or Send Plus icon.”
- Scan your local storage for the file you wish to sign or find it on a cloud service.
- Tap the file and press “next” at the upper right.
- Select “Me” on the select Signers option.
- Choose “Signature” at the bottom of the new window and select the area where your signature will appear.
- You can add other information like “Name” and “Date” Signed” to modify the file further.
- Tap “Finish” when your done.
DocuSign will store the signed file in your account.
DocuSign How to Add Signature Field
When you want to send the document to others, a signature field will indicate where they should place their signatures. DocuSign uses them as interactive document reminders.
After adding recipients, files, and messages to your envelope, follow the instructions below to include a signature field:
- Log into your DocuSign account and open a new envelope.
- Add recipients and files to modify the envelope.
- When you’re ready to move on, press the “Next” button.
- Navigate to the upper part of the page, find the recipients list, and select “Edit recipient” for whom you’ll add a field.
- Go through the Edit Recipient pages and generate more Recipent to be the selected.
- Press a field to adjust its characteristics. The action will pull up the Fields Properties panel.
- Customize the properties as you desire and head to the “Fields” palette on the left part of the screen.
- Long-press one of the field types and drag it to the file’s active page.
- Choose which page you’ll tag using fields from the page guide in the right part of the screen.
The page you selected will become active and appear in the center panel.
If you want to collect signatures from several recipients, repeat the process for each one. The field will show them where to insert their signature when they receive the envelope.
DocuSign How to Add Second Signature
DocuSign allows users to create multiple signatures, perfect for those who want to include their middle name initial or have a hyphenated name. You can make a graphical or drawn signature or scan your handwriting.
Follow these steps to create a new graphical signature:
- Log into your profile and tap the “3 horzontal line at the top right corner” and then select your profile icon.
- Click on “Manage Profile” to view your profile page.
- Choose “Signatures” from the top toolbar, and the software will display your current signature.
- Select the “Add Signature” option at the upper right of the page.
- Type your name in the “Full Name” area and enter your initials in the “Initials” field.
- Select the option you like best from the available graphical signatures.
- Tap “Create.”
Here’s how you can add a drawn signature to your profile:
- Log in to DocuSign and tap the “3 horzontal line at the top right corner” and then select your profile icon.
- Press “Manage Profile” to head to the profile page.
- Pick the “Signatures” option from the toolbar, and you’ll see your current signature.
- Tap “Add Signature” on the upper right of the desktop.
- Type your name and initials in the appropriate areas.
- Press “Draw” and choose the option you like the most.
- Hit “Create.”
You can personalize your virtual signature by uploading your handwriting. To do so:
- Sign in to DocuSign and tap the “3 horzontal line at the top right corner” and then select your profile icon.
- Tap “Manage Profile” and select the “Signatures” option from the toolbar on the profile page.
- Head to the upper of the page and press “Add Signature.”
- Enter your name and initials in the indicated fields.
- Upload your handwritten signature and initials.
- Click on the “Create” button.
Note that you can only upload your handwriting as a JPEG, PNG, GIF, or BMP file. The maximum photo size is 200 KB.
DocuSign Add Signature After Sending
DocuSign views all sent documents as completed and offers users no way of altering them. If you wish to add a signature to a completed envelope, it’s best to forward a copy of the file. You can add new fields and signatures to the copy but cannot remove any existing information.
You can only complete this task if your DocuSign administrator has enabled the forwarding feature on your account.
Here’s how to forward a sent envelope:
- Head to the “Manage” page and tap the “Completed Quick View.”
- Examine the list until you find the envelope you want to forward.
- Tap the action menu for the appropriate file and press “Forward.” The filled-in documents in the copy will contain the prefix “FWD.”
- Add messages and recipients to the copy.
- When you’re satisfied with the changes, click on “Next.”
- Generate new fields for the envelope recipients.
- Hit “Send” to share the amended envelope with the recipients.
Those who receive the copy will see the original information and the added details. They can add their signature to the assigned fields. You can also sign the forwarded envelope if you’ve included your email on the list of recipients.
Are documents signed through DocuSign legal?
All documents signed with the DocuSign software are legal, and the stipulations outlined in the files apply to all involved parties. Moreover, the signing methods developed by DocuSign meet the requirements set by most government entities worldwide.
Make Sure Your Documents Are Signed, Sealed, and Delivered
Thanks to DocuSign, businesses and their employees can streamline work practices and sign documents more quickly. The software allows you to add a signature using your mobile device or PC, but it also lets you create different versions of your signature. Additionally, you can create new fields to collect signatures from the document’s recipients and adjust a sent envelope using the forwarding feature.
Have you used DocuSign before? Which type of signature do you prefer, a graphical, drawn, or handwritten? Let us know in the comments section below.