How To Add Video Ringtones on Android
Smartphones have come a long way, and they won’t stop evolving any time soon. Since their features and are becoming more impressive and complicated every year, it can be hard to keep track of exactly what your smartphone can allow you to do.
Consider the good old ringtone. Did you know you can upgrade it into something more interesting that will make your phone look cooler?
When someone calls you, your device plays a video instead of just a sound. Setting this up is simple. The methods we’ve chosen in this article are aimed at Android users.
Best Android Applications for Video Ringtones
These days, you can find an application for literally anything, video ringtones included. However, it is important that you know how to choose the correct application for your mobile phone right away.
When it comes to personalizing your phone, there are many unsatisfactory apps out there, and downloading them is more trouble than it’s worth. Before we show you what apps you can use for setting video ringtones, let’s check some rules that will save you time and keep your smartphone safe.
How to Download Apps or Files on Your Android Phone Safely?
In order to prevent your personal information from being stolen, make sure to do the following:
Download and Install Antivirus software for mobile phones
Just like computers, mobile phones can be infected with malware. Depending on the type of malware, your data can be stolen or deleted. You can try AVG AntiVirus, Avast, etc. They are free on the Google Play store, though some of their features are locked and require payment.
Block Third Party Downloads
The safest place to download your applications is the Google Play Store. Downloading something from an “unproven” website is considered a third party download, and it can potentially compromise your phone’s data, as malware is usually disguised as a regular app.
With that said, you need to avoid unsafe downloads and only use trusted sources. Android phones have an option that can block third-party downloads if you accidentally click on downloadable links. This option is usually toggled on, but you should check and toggle it yourself if it isn’t.
Simply open your phone’s settings and tap on the Applications. You should be able to find something like “Block unknown sources” (it isn’t the same on every Android phone) and fill the checkbox next to it.
To make sure that you find the right app, you should:
- Read the comments on the Google Play Store
- Check the app’s ratings
- Read its features
- Check its manufacturer
What Apps to Use for Setting Video Ringtones?
The following apps, which can be found on the Google Play Store, can help you set a video as a ringtone. All of them are very easy to use.
Vyng is one of the most popular apps that allow you to set a video as a ringtone. All that you need to do is:
- Find “Vyng” in Google Play – look for a blue and white logo
- Tap on “install”
- Wait for the application to be downloaded and installed
- Open the app and tap on “Get Started”
- “Enable Vyng” will be displayed with all of its options and features
- Tap on Permissions and allow Vyng to access your contacts
- Tap on Draw Video and give Vyng permission to display a video on your phone
- Tap on Audio to allow Vyng to play music with your video
- Do the same for Autostart Vyng and Notification Access, as that will ensure that Vyng works for every call and that it displays a full-screen video
- If you’ve done these steps correctly, you will notice a check mark next to all of them and the All Set button will appear
- Tap on the All Set button and log in
- Once you have selected a video that you want to set, tap on the blue circle on the right side of your screen
- Then choose the contact that you want to set the video for
Vyng allows you to use some of their free videos as well as upload your own. If you need more help with this app, you can check out Vyng’s FAQ.
Video Ringtone is another app that you can use for this purpose. The steps of using this app are practically the same as in the previous one.
First find the app by typing Video Ringtone in your Google Play Store or by clicking our link, install it, and do everything like in the previous app. The design is different but the functions are mostly the same.
Other similar apps you might find appealing:
- Video Ringtone for Incoming Call
- Video Ringtone – Incoming Video Call Pro
- Full-Screen Video Ringtone for Incoming Call
Customize Your Ringtone
We chose our recommended apps carefully so that everyone can get the most out of them. Our top picks are all that you need in order to modernize your ringtone and keep up with the times.