How to Cancel HBO on Amazon Fire Stick
Most will agree that HBO is an awesome channel with many great original shows, such as The Sopranos, The Wire, Game of Thrones, and the list goes on. These are all highly acclaimed dramas, and probably the reason why you subscribed to HBO on Amazon Prime Video in the first place.
However, most of these shows are pretty old and you’ve probably seen them already. Now that the final season of Game of Thrones has aired, and the show is officially over, many people have decided to cancel HBO.
If you’re wondering if you can cancel HBO on your Amazon Firestick, the answer is: no, you need to use a web browser.
It’s Actually Not That Difficult
There’s a way you can cancel HBO, or any other channel for that matter, but you have to do it on the official Amazon website. The process is pretty easy and straightforward, so let’s cut to the chase. Follow these steps to cancel HBO on Amazon Prime:
- Firstly, you need to log into your Amazon account on the official Amazon website. Hopefully, you used a memorable username and password, or perhaps you saved your credentials somewhere on your computer, mobile, or notepad.
- Now that you’re logged in, head over to the Account and Lists dropdown menu. Hover your mouse over it and you’ll see a long list of items. You need to select the Memberships and Subscription option.
- Under the Subscription tab, you should see all of your active subscriptions. However, sometimes this info simply won’t appear. Instead, click on the Prime Video Channels option, located right below the Subscriptions tab.
- Finally, you’ll be able to see the Prime Video Channels section, Add more channels option, and a list of Your Channels right below that. If you’re subscribed to HBO, you’ll see the Renewal Date, the exact pricing, and finally under Actions, you can click on the Cancel Channel option.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen, asking for confirmation. Click on Cancel Channel.
- You’ll be able to watch HBO channels until the end of the billing period you’ve already paid for. Under the Action tab, you should now see the Restart Channel option. Now you also know how to restart your HBO subscription if you ever change your mind in the future.
You should know that there are no refunds for canceling any channels on Amazon Prime, even if you haven’t used the service at all. These channels subscriptions are paid on a monthly basis and you won’t ever receive a refund.
If you can’t see HBO on the list of your Amazon Prime Video channels at all, maybe you’re not subscribed to it in the first place.
This can be confusing if you’re actually watching HBO shows like The Wire on your Amazon Prime account. This can simply be a bonus of the Amazon Prime membership and has nothing to do with an HBO channel subscription.
If you’re wondering how to cancel Cinemax, CBS, Starz, etc. on Amazon Prime Video, the answer is simple. Follow the exact same steps you used for canceling HBO. All these channels are located in the same place for convenience and easy access.
What About Amazon Prime?
It’s a common misconception that canceling a channel like HBO on Amazon will cancel Amazon Prime as well. This isn’t true. Your Amazon Prime membership will stay intact unless you decide to cancel it entirely.
If you do end up canceling Amazon Prime, you’ll automatically lose all the channel subscriptions on it as well. This means that you also won’t have to pay a channel subscription after Amazon Prime cancelation.
That wasn’t so hard, was it? Now you know how to cancel HBO or any other premium channel on the Amazon Prime Video service. Understandable, if you’re a Game of Thrones fan, after that last season fiasco!
Who knows, maybe in the following months HBO will present us with a worthy show once more, and win back their viewership. If you have additional comments or questions, post them in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.