How To Change the Background in Trello
Are you looking for a way to customize the appearance of your Trello boards and give them a fresh look? Many teams use the project management software because it’s easy to use and offers many customization features, including modifying board backgrounds.
Keep reading to learn how to change backgrounds in Trello and make your boards more visually appealing.
Changing the Background
If you’re dissatisfied with the background of one of your Trello boards, you have two options. You can adjust the color so that it matches your preference. Or you could select an attractive background image. Both methods work well on mobile devices and computers.
- Launch the Trello app from the app drawer or home screen.
- Navigate to the “Your Workspaces” and select whose appearance you want to adjust.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right part of the interface to access the sidebar.
- Select the three dots icon to go to “Board Settings” option.
- Choose “Background.”
- Press “Colors” and test out a few shades until you find the one you like the most.
All users who access the board will see the new background color. Currently, the platform only allows you to choose between solid colors.
Setting a new color for your background on a PC is relatively straightforward. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Open Trello from your preferred browser and sign up with your account information.
- Find the board you want to tweak.
- Press the “Show Menu” option.
- Tap “Change Background” on the pop-up sidebar.
- Select “Colors.”
- Go through the available color options and pick the one you like best.
Anyone who visits the board will notice its new look and enhanced color scheme. Note that Trello currently only supports solid colors.
Perhaps you’re not fond of solid colors or want a more dynamic background. Whatever the reason, you can select a new background to your Trello board in just a few clicks on your smartphone or computer. If you’re in the mood for a more drastic change, replacing the background with a photo is the way to go.
Here’s how you can choose a background image on your iOS or Android device:
- Open the app from the home screen or app.
- Navigate to “Your workspaces,” find and tap the board you want to modify.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right of the screen to view the sidebar.
- Click the three dots icon to go to “Board Settings.”
- Choose the “Background” option.
- Click on “Photos” and go through the high-resolution options from Unsplash.
- Once you’ve found the perfect photo, tap it to apply the changes.
Browsing through an expansive photo library like Unsplash can be overwhelming. Use the search box to type in specific concepts to ensure you select the ideal option. You’ll narrow your search and land on an eye-catching background quickly.
The Trello platform is compatible with computers, and you can change the background of your boards from the desktop. The following instructions will walk you through the process:
- Head to Trello and select the board you want to modify.
- Navigate to the board menu in the right part of the board and press “Change Background.”
- Tap “Photos” from the pop-up menu to view the Unsplash photo library.
- Scan the images until you find one that suits your board and personal preference. Click the picture to apply it to the board.
If you’re dissatisfied with the first images that appear, don’t worry. Enter a keyword in the search menu to refine the search results. Single-word searches yield the most precise results.
Using Custom Backgrounds
Trello Business or Gold users have another option to personalize their boards. They can upload custom backgrounds to add a dash of class and style to their online workspace. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Trello using your web browser and sign up.
- Select the board you wish to adjust and head to its background menu.
- Find the “Custom” section.
- Press the “+” sign.
- Upload an image from your PC’s local storage.
- Select the picture to see how it appears on the board.
To preserve the background’s quality, use an image shot in landscape mode.
Can I Change the Background Only for Myself?
Since backgrounds are part of board settings, you can’t change them for individual viewers. However, many users have voiced their interest in using such a feature. Likely, the platform will implement it sometime in the future.
Make Your Boards Stand Out
An attractive background is pleasing to the eye and makes spending time at your online workstation more enjoyable. Trello users can customize their boards by changing the background color or selecting a background picture. Gold and Business users can also upload custom images to further tweak the look of their boards.
Have you personalized your Trello boards before? Did you change the color or choose an Unsplash photo? Let us know in the comments section below.