How to Change the Currency in Etsy
Etsy is a leading online global marketplace for shoppers and sellers. Regardless of where you’re from, if you’re a newly registered user, you may be welcomed by a default setting that makes the British pound your preferred currency. While this may be a convenient option for users in the U.K., it certainly can be brain-scratching for users from other countries.
If this issue resonates with you, you’re not alone. But fortunately, Etsy makes it pretty straightforward to change the default currency to make shopping more convenient. This article will walk you through how to change the British pound to just about any currency you want, whether you’re a seller or a shopper.
How to Change Currencies
Shopping on Etsy can be pretty convenient when you adjust your profile to match your preferences and needs. One of the first things you may want to do is change the currency to the one that’s best suited for you. Thankfully, Etsy shoppers can view prices on the website or the app in any of the platform’s supported currencies.
Here’s an overview of the currencies currently supported by Etsy:
- U.S. Dollar (USD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- British Pound (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Israeli Shekel (ILS)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Moroccan Dirham (MAD)
- Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
- Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Philippine Peso (PHP)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Turkish Lira (TRY)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Vietnamese Dong (VND)
You can change your currency to any of the options available above. Doing so only requires a few minutes of your time and, of course, an Etsy account. Users can make this change using the Etsy app or website, and we’ll cover both options below.
How to Change Currencies in Etsy on an iPhone
iPhone or iPad shoppers who are used to browsing with the Etsy app can change the default currency in a few steps.
- Launch the Etsy app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the “You” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Hit the “Settings” button from the menu.
- Navigate to “Select Currency” and tap on your currency preference from the list.
That’s it! You have now successfully changed the default currency on Etsy on your iPhone or iPad. You can now continue shopping, and all items you find will be presented in the new currency.
How to Change the Currency in Etsy Using an Android Device
Android users can easily change the default currency on their Etsy account by following a few simple steps.
- Open the Etsy app on your Android device.
- Press the “You” section located at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab from the menu.
- Go to “Select Currency” and click on the currency you wish to change your account to.
From now on, the price of the items you see on Etsy will be displayed in the newly selected currency.
How to Change the Currency in Etsy Using a PC
Etsy shoppers and sellers who use their PCs s to access the website can change the default currency by following the steps below:
- Visit the official Etsy website using any browser and log into your account.
- Select the “You” option from the upper right-hand corner or click on the profile picture.
- Navigate to the “Account Settings” section from the options menu.
- Hit the “Preferences” tab and navigate to the “Currency” section.
- Scroll through the list of available currencies to find the one you want.
- Click on the desired option, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select “Update Preferences.”
After updating your preferences, Etsy will show the products’ prices on the platform in your chosen currency.
How to List Items in a Preferred Currency in an Etsy Shop
Sellers on Etsy can also tweak the preferred currency shown for the products in their Etsy shop. Here’s an easy way to change the current currency:
- Navigate to the official Etsy website.
- Visit the “Shop Manager” section and select “Finances.”
- Go to “Payment Settings” and select “Currency.”
- Choose the preferred currency from the list.
- Select whether you want the converted price on the current listings or to have the platform round them to the nearest whole number.
- Save the changes by clicking on “Change Shop Currency.”
Sellers who have plenty of items listed in another currency may have to wait up to an hour for the conversion. From this point forward, new listings added to the shop will be shown in the new currency.
Important Currency Notes for Etsy Sellers
If you’re a seller on Etsy, know that there is a 5% transaction fee that will be charged by the platform on the price of the listing, postage cost, and gift wrap in your default currency. All Etsy fees will be converted to your account’s default currency.
When you list an item in a different currency from the one for your payment account, the platform will convert the balance to your payment account currency. You can see this conversion in your Payment Account. A 2.5% conversion fee for this conversion will be subtracted from your sale amount.
Shopping on Etsy Just Became More Convenient
Etsy is a wonderful place to shop for and sell authentic products and crafts. Whether you’re a seller or a shopper, it’s essential to access a convenient and simple interface. The best way to achieve that is to tweak the default Etsy currency to the one you find most comfortable for you. This article has shared valuable insights into how you can change your preferred currency as a shopper and as a seller.
Which method did you use for your Etsy account? Do you think it’s important to present products in the preferred currency of the seller? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.