How to Change Your Password in Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll is the go-to platform for anime lovers. But just because the platform doesn’t host very sensitive content doesn’t mean you should let your guard down when it comes to your account’s security. Often you will find yourself in scenarios that warrant changing your current password. Plus, it’s easy to forget a password, so knowing how to regain access to your account can come in handy.
If you have forgotten your Crunchyroll account or simply want to change the current one to a stronger version, don’t fret. This article will walk you through the steps to change your Crunchyroll password regardless of the device you’re using.
How to Change Password on Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll comes in as a mobile and web app. Fortunately, both platforms provide users with an intuitive interface that makes changing or resetting passwords effortless. Below are the detailed steps for changing your Crunchyroll password across various platforms.
How to Change Crunchyroll Password on a Computer
Changing your Crunchyroll password on a computer is pretty much straightforward.
- Open your preferred web browser and access the Crunchyroll website.
- Click the avatar at the top right side.
- On the dropdown click “My Account.”
- In the right side hit “Settings.”
- Pick “Change Password” from the menu displayed.
- Add your present password into the first text box and the new password in the last two fields.
- Hit the “CHANGE PASSWORD” button and wait briefly for the account changes to take effect.
Crunchyroll will send an email notification confirming a successful update of your account’s password.
Keep in mind that the steps above only apply to users who are already logged into their accounts.
What If I Have Forgotten My Password?
In case you’ve forgotten your password and are logged out of your account, here’s how you can reset it:
- Start your favorite browser and go to the platform’s official website.
- Access the login page and click the link that says “Forgot Password.”
- Enter the email associated with your Crunchyroll account and hit the “SEND” button.
- Go to your email account and open the email you’ve just received from Crunchyroll.
- Access the password reset link “click here.”
- Type in and confirm the new password.
- Click the “Reset” button to open the login page.
Changing your password will log you out of all your devices. You’ll have to sign in again using the updated credentials.
How to Change Crunchyroll Password on a Mobile Device
Those who don’t have access to a computer can also update their Crunchyroll password via a mobile device.
- Start the Crunchyroll app on your mobile device.
- Tap the “Profile” icon at the bottom right side.
- Click “My Account.”
- Then hit “Setting.”
- Select “Change Password.”
- Type in the current password in the first text field.
- Type the new password in the last two fields.
- Then tap the “CHANGE PASSWORD” option. If you’ve forgotten your password, tap the link that says “Forgot Password” and follow the prompts on the screen.
If you follow the above steps and update your password successfully, you should receive an email notification confirming that your Crunchyroll password was changed. Also, note that the above steps are similar for iPhone and Android apps. The steps should also work for iPad users.
Securing Your Crunchyroll Account
Crunchyroll usually sends email notifications to users every time they update their passwords. This feature helps secure accounts and keeps users in the loop whenever suspicious activity occurs.
If you receive this notification but are confident you didn’t alter your password, it means someone else has unauthorized access to your account. In that case, reply to the email and let customer support know that you didn’t alter your password. The team will close the account immediately and do their best to resolve the issue.
Users must be imaginative when creating passwords. Using a strong password is the smart move for those who prioritize their account’s safety.
A strong password should possess a few attributes:
- It should include 12 or more characters.
- It should contain both lowercase and uppercase characters.
- It should consist of both symbols and numbers.
- It should differ from the passwords used for other websites and mobile applications.
- It should be easy for the owner to remember but difficult for other users to guess or crack.
There are a few guidelines for securing passwords:
- Never share your password with anyone – not even family and friends.
- Never write your password on a piece of paper or notebook. Write a hint for the actual password instead. Once the hint is jotted down, keep it in a hidden place — preferably a safe only you can access.
- Never share an unencrypted password through messaging platforms that aren’t reliably secure. Some examples include Facebook and email.
- Never use the same password for two different mobile or web apps. Users worried about forgetting their passwords should utilize a reliable and secure password manager to keep them for them.
- Double-check the URL of the website you’re accessing before providing any sensitive information like login credentials and credit card info. Hackers might present you with a replica of the website and hijack any sensitive information you fill in.
How often can users change their Crunchyroll passwords?
Crunchyroll doesn’t limit the number of times users can alter their passwords. So, take advantage of this feature by changing your password often to avoid security breaches.
Why can’t I reset my Crunchyroll password?
Unfortunately, Crunchyroll only allows users who provide the email associated with their account to reset their passwords. If the email presented doesn’t match the one in the database, the user won’t be able to receive a reset link.
If you’ve forgotten your current email, just key in all your email IDs and see which one works. Contact the support team to help you out if nothing works. Alternatively, you can create a fresh account.
How do I find out my Crunchyroll password?
Crunchyroll prioritizes its users’ safety. Therefore, they don’t display passwords – encrypted or not – on the dashboard. If you’ve forgotten your password, try checking if you have it saved in your password manager. If it’s not listed, you might have to reset it or create a fresh account altogether.
How else can users protect their Crunchyroll accounts apart from using a strong password?
Users with strong passwords can further secure their accounts by enabling two-factor authentication.
Let the Fun Continue
Many scenarios might warrant updating your Crunchyroll password. Maybe someone has accessed your account without your permission. Or perhaps, your present password is weak, and the platform recommends upgrading to a stronger version. Thankfully, the process is relatively straightforward.
Just open the dashboard and access the “Change Password” section. Once you’re in this section, enter the current and new passwords in the appropriate fields, which should do the trick.
Lastly, users who receive an email claiming they have altered their passwords when they haven’t should act fast. They must reach out to the Crunchyroll support team as soon as possible and request them to resolve the security breach.
Has Crunchyroll ever locked you out of your account due to password loss? Did you resolve the issue, or did you have to create a new account? Tell us in the comments.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.