How to Change the Super Admin in Zoho
Changing your Zoho Super Admin, sometimes called an Owner, can be daunting. The Super Admin is the highest-level user and can use all the powers available within the organization’s Zoho system. Typically, the first Super Admin is the person who initially sets up the organization’s account.
If the Super Admin ever needs to change to a different employee, the current Super Admin must be the one to assign that role to another Admin. This is a process designed to maintain the organization’s security. To learn how to change the Super Admin quickly, read below.
How to Change Super Admin in Zoho on a PC
Changing the Super Admin on your PC is very straightforward. However, this must be done by the current Super Admin, and there can only be one Super Admin at any given time. To change the Super Admin on your PC:
- Login to your Zoho Mail Admin Console.
- Go to “Security & Compliance” on the left pane.
- Click on “Roles and Privileges.”
- Find “Roles” and click on “Super Administrator.”
- Press “Change Super Admin.”
- A pop-up window will appear, which will show all of the organization’s Admins. Locate the Admin that you would like to transfer Super Admin power to.
- Click “Make Super Admin” next to the member.
The chosen Super Admin will now have all of the Super Admin powers, and the previous Super Admin will revert to an Admin.
If your organization uses Zoho One, the process of changing the Super Admin will be slightly different. Please note that a Super Admin in Zoho One is referred to as an Owner. To change the organization’s owner in Zoho One:
- Sign in to your Zoho One account.
- On the left menu, click on “Directory.”
- Click on “Organization.”
- Hover over the current owner’s name.
- When prompted, click “Change Owner.”
- A new window will pop up. Find the new owner in this box.
- Click on “Confirm. ”
Once you confirm the change, the switch will happen immediately.
How to Change Super Admin in Zoho on an iPhone
Unfortunately, there is no way to change the Super Admin of the organization on the iOS app. This is to keep the data of your organization secure. So, while it is possible to add, edit, and remove regular Admins in the app, you must log in to either the Zoho Mail Admin Console or the web view of your Zoho One account.
You can do this from the mobile browser on your phone and follow the instructions in the PC section of this article. Just be aware that you could have trouble navigating the site.
How to Change Super Admin in Zoho on an Android
Similar to the iOS app, there is no way to change the Super Admin setting of the organization on the Android app itself. This is for the security of your organization. To change the Super Admin, you must log into your account on the web view either on your PC or in the Mobile Browser on your phone.
How to Change Super Admin in Zoho on an iPad
As with the iPhone app, you cannot change the Super Admin within the app on the iPad. The Super Admin may only be changed via the web view with the above instructions. This is to help protect your organization and its data.
Why can’t I change any user into the Super Admin?
Only another Admin can be turned into a Super Admin. This is to ensure that only appropriate system administrators can have access to system-wide access. If you are looking to select an employee to become the Super Admin and you are getting an error message, double-check that they are a regular Admin first.
Can I make a user an Admin on the phone app?
Yes, you can make any user in your organization into an Admin using the phone app.
How do I turn a user into an Admin on my iPhone or iPad?
The process is the same for any iOS device:
1. Open the Zoho One app on your iOS device.
2. Tap the yellow square with the picture of a computer in the top-right corner.
3. Select the three-dot menu in the bottom right corner.
4. Click on “Admins.”
5. Tap “Add,” then select the user you want to make an Admin.
6. Once selected, tap “DONE.”
7. A pop-up message will appear. Tap “Done” again.
This user will now be an Admin in your Zoho system.
How do I turn a user into an Admin on my Android device?
The process to turn a user into an Admin using your Android device is to:
1. Open the Zoho One app on your Android.
2. Select the white button with the little computer in the bottom-right corner.
3. Tap on “Admins.”
4. Find the yellow circle with the little man pictured and tap on it.
5. Search for the user you want to change into an Admin. Tap on them.
6. Tap “Done.”
This user will immediately be added as an Admin.
How do I add a user as an Admin in the web application?
To make a user an Admin in the web application:
1. Sign in to Zoho One.
2. In the left menu, click on “Directory.”
3. Under “Admins,” click the red plus sign.
4. Find and choose the required user.
5. Click “Assign.”
The selected users can now operate as Admins in your system.
What if the company doesn’t have access to the Super Admin account to change it?
You may discover that the email account used to set up the Super Admin account is one your company no longer has access to. Especially if the Super Admin account was connected to an email that set up the account but not an employee still with the company. If you cannot access the Super Admin account to change it, contact Zoho Helpdesk for immediate assistance.
What special privileges does the Super Admin have in the system?
The Super Admin is the only user within your organization who can complete the following actions:
• Change the role of a regular User to an Admin or vice versa
• Change an existing Admin into the Super Admin
• Change the organization’s logo and name inside the system
Please note that the Super Admin privileges compound on what regular Admins and Users can do on Zoho.
Super Admin, Super Access
Being the Super Admin is a significant responsibility for the account holding that power. There is only one Super Admin at any given time, and only that person can grant those access rights to another user. Even though the Super Admin plays a critical role within your system, changing the Super Admin access is decently straightforward.
Have you ever changed the Super Admin of your organization? Let us know your experience in the comments section below!