How To Connect an RSS Feed to Social Media
Whether you have a blog yourself or you just love to scour the internet for interesting reads, you probably share articles on your social media all the time. While manually clicking the “Share” button does the job fine, there’s a much more effective way of keeping track of and sharing updates: RSS feeds.
If you connect RSS feeds to your social media accounts, you’ll never have to worry about forgetting to share an important update. By automating the sharing process, you’ll be able to keep your social media profiles effortlessly active, too.
Read on to learn how to connect RSS feeds to your social media.
Why You Should Post Your RSS Feed to Your Social Media
RSS feeds have been an invaluable tool for staying up-to-date with content sources on the internet. They provide you with the metadata of the updates of your favorite blogs and websites all in one place. For businesses, they are an indispensable catalog of all their entries in chronological order.
As social media has become a major tool for sharing content, RSS feeds took on an additional role. Today, you can use a social media management tool to connect RSS feeds to your social media accounts and share content from your favorite sources directly to your profile.
This brings numerous benefits. You can boost your blog or website traffic by automatically sharing a link to each update on all your social channels. Your content will get more exposure as well. Even if you don’t have a website yourself, simply sharing content from sources you find intriguing can boost engagement on your social media.
How to Connect RSS Feed to Your Social Media
To connect an RSS feed to a social media account, you need to use a third-party solution like Circleboom. This web-based app provides social media scheduling services across major platforms. It also allows you to connect RSS feeds to your accounts and customize your automatic sharing preferences.
Circleboom’s RSS sharing function makes social media management easier thanks to the following features:
- Post content automatically
- Share articles, photos, or even videos
- Select the time interval at which the app will check the RSS feed for updates
- Define the number of entries shared per update
- Customize your RSS posts with your own text
- Share to multiple social media accounts at the same time
Here’s how to get started with Circleboom and set up RSS feed sharing in a few simple steps.
Sign Up for Circleboom and Connect Your Social Media Accounts
First and foremost, you’ll need to create a Circleboom account:
- Head to Circleboom and press “Get Started.”
- Select “Publish” to sign up for Circleboom’s social media management tool.
- Enter your name, email address, and password, and press “Create an Account.”
After signing up, you’ll be able to link any relevant social media accounts to the service. Click the social media you want to connect an RSS feed to on the main page and follow the instructions on your screen to link it to Circleboom.
You can add the following types of accounts:
- Twitter profile
- Facebook page or group
- LinkedIn profile or page
- Google My Business account
- Instagram professional business account
- Pinterest account
Connect an RSS Feed
Once your social media account or accounts are connected to Circleboom, you can add an RSS feed for sharing on said account. Follow the steps below:
- Go to your Circleboom dashboard.
- Find the option to connect an RSS feed in your sidebar or the main screen.
- Select “Connect a new RSS feed” or “Add a New RSS Feed Now.”
You’ll be taken to a form you’ll need to fill out. Before you begin, read the guidelines to ensure you can add the RSS feed you want. Some types of content are not allowed by social media sites. For instance, you won’t be able to add a Twitter user’s feed.
Once you’ve confirmed your RSS feed is good to go, fill out the form:
- Click the first field to pick the social media account or accounts to which the feed will be posted.
- Select the icons of the accounts you want and hit “Done.”
- Find the site whose RSS feed you want to connect to and copy the link to their feed.
- Paste the URL of the RSS feed into the next field.
- Give a title to the RSS feed.
- Customize the start and end text of your posts. These can be up to 50 characters long and appear each time an RSS feed post is shared on your social media. Remember that you can’t include hashtags or mentions in this text.
- Determine how often the app will check the RSS feed for updates. You can pick a time interval anywhere between a day and five minutes.
- Choose the maximum number of RSS feed posts Circleboom will share with each update. The maximum number of posts allowed is five.
- Decide whether you want to share URLs with the RSS posts.
- Hit “Add RSS Feed,” and you’re done.
You’ll find a list of all the RSS feeds you’ve added to your social media accounts by hovering your cursor over the RSS icon in your sidebar and choosing “List your connected feeds.”
If you still haven’t found the right RSS feeds to share, you can check out Circleboom’s recommended articles that you can easily schedule or queue to be posted on your profile. Click “Discover Articles” in the sidebar or “Select from articles” on your main dashboard, and you’ll be able to browse based on your interests.
Stay on Top of Updates
Connecting your favorite RSS feeds to your social media accounts will ensure that your pages will always stay active. You’ll only have to curate content once for ongoing updates. Add whichever RSS feeds you want to your Circleboom account and automate sharing by following the steps mentioned above.
Do you use RSS feeds to stay up-to-date with blogs and websites? Do you have any favorite RSS feeds you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments section below.