How To Create AI Art With DALL-E 2
Access to DALLE 2 used to be limited, keeping you from creating AI art. But now, the developers have granted access to everyone. You can let your imagination run wild in this program, and we’ll show you how.
Coming up is an in-depth guide to creating AI art with DALLE 2. We’ll cover the most useful features to help you create one-of-a-kind masterpieces.
How To Create AI Art With DALL-E 2
DALLE 2 is a unique website but shares similarities with other AI creation platforms. For example, the first step in using the software is to set up your account.
- Open your web browser.
- Head to this site.
- Create a new account or use your Google or Microsoft credentials.
The registration process is simple, but you’ll need to wait a few weeks for the administrators to grant you access to the beta version. There are thousands of new visitors, so you’ll need to queue up.
Once your application is approved, you should familiarize yourself with basic DALLE 2 features. This way, you’ll know what to do when creating your art.
- Homepage shortcut – When performing key functions, such as image editing, you may want to go back to your homepage quickly. If so, click the DALLE button or the symbol next to it. It should be located in the top-left part of your screen.
- My Collection – This menu is also located in the top-left section of your display. It contains previously created art and variations.
- Surprise Me – This function generates random prompts. It’s an excellent way to keep experimenting with DALLE if you have no more ideas. It costs no credits if you don’t click the “Generate” button. Otherwise, you can press the button as many times as you want and receive new prompts.
- Generate – The main tool of DALLE is “Generate.” Click it, and it produces new images based on the entered text.
- Uploading images to edit – Clicking this command under the menu where you’ve entered your prompt opens a pop-up menu. It enables you to choose from numerous sources for uploading your files.
- Sample images – You shouldn’t have difficulty locating this feature on your main page. It gives you image samples created on DALLE 2. Hover over a picture, and you’ll see the text used to generate the file.
- Profile Tab – This window contains your information, lets you access various features, and allows you to buy credits. You can find it in the top-right part of your screen.
- New and Recent – The area under your Profile Tab is home to a history icon. It includes recent images and their thumbnails. If you press the “New” button, the page clears all pictures and starts another session.
Once you’ve grasped all the features, you can finally start creating AI art with DALLE 2.
As previously discussed, the “Generate” feature will be your primary workhorse. Here’s how you can use it.
- Tell the program what you wish to create, such as houses, clouds, horses, children, etc.
- Click the “Generate” button.
- Wait for the software to render four pictures based on your prompt. This should cost you one credit. Check if you have enough credits for multiple creations.
- Enter more details to give DALLE more workable input. The more detailed your descriptions, the more accurate the creation. For instance, rather than saying just “horse,” you can say “a horse on a meadow.”
- Repeat the process for each image. You may need several attempts to instruct the platform to provide the right picture, but you’ll get there with practice. Just make sure you don’t run out of credits.
If you’re happy with your images, you can download them.
- Click the picture you wish to download.
- Go to the top-right part of your project and click the arrow.
- Wait for the download to finish. Open the file by selecting it in the lower section of your browser or double-clicking from your “Downloads” folder.
You may want to tweak your AI art before downloading it. In this case, you should use the editing features.
- Choose a picture from your library.
- Navigate to the upper section of the image and explore the functions.
- Choose “Variations” to start your editing process.
- Go to the bottom of the picture and select the desired tool, depending on the action you wish to perform.
For instance, you can use “Eraser” to remove a part of your image. It can delete any part of the picture. Once it removes part of the image, it should automatically suggest the “Generate” function. Click it to replace the deleted section with a new element. If the change looks good, save it as your favorite or download it.
- To save an edited image, return to the upper part of the image and hit the “Download” or “Favorite” button.
Generating AI creations isn’t the only purpose of DALL-E 2. It also enables you to upload images from your computer and introduce variations. Take the following steps to add your picture and turn it into a work of art.
- Go to DALL-E 2 and log in with your credentials.
- Press the “Upload an image” button under the white “Generate” field.
- Choose the source for your picture. This can be anything from your “Downloads” to various game files.
- Click the image and let DALL-E 2 upload it to the worksheet.
- Crop the image by adhering to the square function. It can be limiting, but you should still be able to create some stunning projects.
After you’ve uploaded and cropped your picture, you can again use “Edit image” to make changes.
- Press “Edit Image” to launch Edit mode.
- Select the tool you need to complete your artwork. You can use the “Eraser” feature to remove a part of the picture that doesn’t fit and replace it with better content using the “Generate tool.”
- Enter your text prompt to add new elements. If you’re unhappy with your work, keep experimenting with “Generate” until you achieve perfection.
- If necessary, add variations or use other Editing tools to wrap up your masterpiece.
- Download the picture to your computer. You can edit it with built-in programs or import it to advanced software, such as Photoshop.
Allow Your Creative Spirit to Shine in Full Glory
Apart from long queues and credits, it’s hard to find fault with DALL-E 2. Once you get the hang of it, you can create mesmerizing AI art to impress your audience and take your skills to the next level. Both the “Generate” and “Edit” functions are highly convenient, so make the most of them when embellishing your work.
Are you having a hard time navigating DALL-E 2 features? Do you prefer creating AI art from scratch or editing existing pictures? Share your experiences in the comments section below.