How to Delete an FTX Account
Are you wondering how to terminate your FTX subscription? If you feel like you’ve made the most out of the cryptocurrency trading platform and it’s time to move on, you’ll need a way to opt out of it.
Unfortunately, cancellation policies are difficult to understand and provide users with unclear and time-consuming instructions. The good news is that it’s possible to delete your account. Regardless of the device you’ve used to trade crypto, you’ll be able to permanently cancel your plan without worrying about unexpected charges going through.
In this guide, we’ll take you through the options you can use to delete your FTX account on your PC, iPhone, or Android device. It’ll also stop the influx of spam emails that might disturb your peace.
Whether you’re looking to sign up for a subscription or thinking about disabling your account, there are a few important things you’ll need to keep in mind.
- When you purchase a plan with FTX, carefully go over it and decide whether you’ll want to cancel it manually in the future. There are additional costs if a plan isn’t working for you and you forget to terminate it manually. FTX will take it as permission and automatically renew the plan.
- When you’re using the FTX trial program, canceling it might cut off your access to all trial content.
- During your trial period, you have to cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before it ends.
Before you can close your trading account from your PC, you’ll first have to take some preparation steps. These steps remove security risks and ensure that your data is protected when you stop using the platform.
Take Out the Coins and Funds Stored in Your Account
- Log into the FTX website and open the “Invest” section.
- Tap on each coin to transfer them to your external wallet.
- Check the wallet to make sure all the transactions have been successful.
You can also exchange the crypto coins for fiat currency (EUR or USD), send them to your bank account, or withdraw them by wire transfer. If you want to use this method, you’ll have to wait until your bank has received the funds before you can deactivate your FTX account.
Disconnect Your Bank Accounts and Credit Cards
When your bank receives the funds, follow the steps outlined below:
- Enter the “Invest” section again on the FTX website.
- Select the small gear icon on the top part of the site to enter “Settings.”
- Click “Linked Banks & Cards.”
- Tap the bank account or card you’ve connected to FTX.
- Choose “Remove Bank” or “Remove Card.”
A pop-up window will inform you that you’ve successfully removed your bank or card when the action is finished.
Send In an Account Removal Request
Once you’ve secured your funds and bank information, you can begin the account termination process.
- If you’re not already signed in to the account, do so again.
- Select “Settings,” enter “Support.”
- Click “Contact Support” and pick “Other.”
- Find the title box and type “Account Deletion.”
- Provide any information that you think is relevant in the “Enter Message” box.
- Select “Next,” then tap “Submit.”
FTX’s customer support team will contact you to confirm that you’ve deleted the account.
Note: Since account deletion is permanent, any funds you fail to withdraw will be irretrievably lost unless you transfer them to an e-wallet or bank account beforehand.
Thanks to the U.S. and European data privacy regulations, you can also reach out to a company and request that they wipe all of your information off their site. This includes having your accounts and any subaccounts removed as well. You can put in a verbal or written request. However, it’s best to send an email that will act as proof of the interaction.
Businesses that fail to comply with these privacy laws and regulations will face steep fines.
EU residents are protected under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), while U.S. residents rely on the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Technically, the CCPA applies only to California residents. However, companies like Amazon, Roku, PayPal, and Zillow accept CCPA requests from all Americans. It’s easier than verifying the location of each applicant and protects the reputation of their customer service.
It’s worth a shot citing the CCPA in your email to FTX, as the company might decide it’s more convenient for them to grant your request.
Now that you’re aware of your rights, you can contact FTX via email and put in an account deletion request. Here’s how to do it:
- In the email, state the reasons why you want the account removed.
- Type all of your FTX account details.
- Mention the law that enables you to make the request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Remind FTX that they’ll face penalties unless they comply with the regulations.
- Send the email to email@example.com.
You’re not obligated to outline the reasons, but it helps customer service understand how to improve FTX’s user experience.
Deleting the FTX app on your mobile device will give you extra storage space, but your account will remain registered with the website. Luckily, there’s an option to do delete it using your iPhone. To do so:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app and select your name.
- Enter the “Subscriptions” section. If you can’t find this section, choose “iTunes & Appstore.” Find your Apple ID, sign in, and tap the “Subscriptions” option.
- Go through the list and open your FTX subscription.
- Click “Cancel” to finish the action.
Simply uninstalling the FTX app on your Android won’t remove your account. Here are the steps to make sure that your account is deleted from the platform:
- Sign in to the Google account you used to activate your FTX subscription.
- Enter the Google Play Store.
- Select “Subscriptions” in the menu.
- Tap the FTX subscription.
- Choose the “Cancel Subscription” option.
When you terminate your account through the Google Play Store, FTX won’t be able to renew any billing plans.
When in Doubt, Delete It
Deleting unnecessary accounts and subscriptions will spare you from aggressive email marketing campaigns and sudden pop-up notifications. More importantly, it will protect your personal and financial information, disabling sneaky billing plans from draining your bank accounts.
The cryptocurrency trading platform FTX doesn’t give its users a clear answer on leaving and closing their profiles. But as we’ve discussed, it’s possible to do it, regardless of whether you have a PC, iPhone, or Android. Whichever device you’re using, we hope this article has given you a better understanding of how to delete your FTX account.
Are you also thinking of leaving FTX? Which of these methods will you use? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.