How to Delete Stickers in Snapchat
Snapchat offers a wide range of personalized features, with customizable stickers being firm favorites. Snapchat stickers can be added and removed in a few simple steps, along with numerous other unique and creative tools that Snapchat provides. The app’s user-friendliness and the ability to modify your presence make it all the more fun to use.
In this article, we’ll teach you how to delete, add, and even make your own Snapchat stickers.
How to Delete Stickers on Snapchat
Stickers are used in social media on a daily basis. Not only are they a favored feature in the process of editing and posting photos, but now they can replace online communication entirely. They’re like the upgraded version of emojis.
What sets Snapchat stickers apart from those on other social media apps is their diversity and uniqueness. Most of all, they are very easy to use.
Different Types of Snapchat Stickers
- Built-in stickers – Stickers that show the time, the weather, your current location, days of the week, frequent phrases, seasonal stickers (for example Christmas or Valentine’s day stickers), etc.
- Bitmoji stickers – These types of stickers are what makes Snapchat unique. When you first create your account, you have the option of designing your Bitmoji – an avatar version of yourself that you can customize down to the final detail (You can even choose your outfit). Once you’re all set, you can add your Bitmoji sticker to a Snap, or send it to your friends.
- Cameos – Another fun and quirky feature, Snapchat cameos allow you to put your face on other people’s bodies or on various other backgrounds. You can save Cameos as stickers too and send them to your Snapchat contacts.
- Custom Snapchat stickers – Here’s where you get the chance to be really creative by making your own stickers, which you can save in your sticker gallery and use multiple times.
- Animated stickers – You can choose from an extensive selection of animated stickers, similar to those you would find on Instagram stories. You can insert as many as you like on your Snaps.
- Emoji stickers – Emojis are used frequently on any social media app, and they’re quite popular on Snapchat too.
Now that you know what types of Snapchat stickers you have at your disposal, let’s see how you can actually use them.
When it comes to deleting stickers on Snapchat, first you need to know which ones you can permanently remove, and which can’t be deleted from the sticker gallery.
If you want to remove stickers from a taken Snap (a photo or video that you take on the app), you can do so no matter the type of sticker. But you can only permanently delete stickers that you created by yourself. Why? Because built-in stickers are there to stay, at least until Snapchat comes up with new ones.
If you want to remove your customized stickers from the Snapchat sticker gallery, follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- If you want to enter the sticker gallery, first you must take a Snap.
- When you do so, the sticker icon will appear on the right side of the screen. It looks like a sticky note.
- Tap the scissors icon on the right side of the sticker banner.
- Tap the sticker that you want to remove.
- Drag the sticker to the trash can that will pop up at the top of your screen.
- Save the Snap by tapping the download icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
By doing this, you will delete your sticker for good, so make sure you picked the right one.
When it comes to Bitmojis, Snapchat doesn’t allow you to delete a specific Bitmoji sticker. You can only remove all of them at once. If you’re interested in learning how follow the steps below:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap your Bitmoji icon at the top left corner.
- Go to Settings at the top right corner of your screen.
- Find Bitmoji on the list and tap it.
- Find Unlink my Bitmoji at the bottom of the list and tap it.
Once you unlink the Bitmoji option, you will no longer have access to any of your Bitmoji stickers.
How to Remove a Sticker From a Snap
If you want to delete a sticker you placed on your Snap, the process is much easier.
- Tap and hold the sticker that you want to delete.
- A trash can icon will immediately pop up on the right side of the screen.
- Drag the sticker to the trash can.
You’ve successfully removed the sticker from your Snap. Note that if there are any other stickers on your Snap, they will stay in the same place. Unlike the customized stickers that disappear from your gallery for good after you delete them, you can easily insert built-in stickers back on your Snap, if you delete them by accident or if you change your mind.
How Do You Add Stickers to Snapchat?
Adding stickers to your Snap is basically as simple as removing them. This is how it’s done:
• Open the Snapchat app.
• Take a Snap (it doesn’t matter if it’s a photo or a video).
• Tap the sticker icon that will pop up on the right side of your screen.
• Choose the sticker you want from the sticker gallery.
• Tap it and drag it back to your Snap.
That’s all there is to it. There is no limit to how many stickers you can add to your Snap. You can also:
• Change the size of your sticker by pinching it (the same movement when you zoom in and out of a picture).
• Change the position of your sticker by holding it and dragging it across the screen.
• Pin it to any object on the Snap by pressing and holding on to it.
Note: The stickers that you use most often will always be at the top of your sticker gallery.
How to Make Your Own Snapchat Stickers?
Making your own stickers is one of the most entertaining features Snapchat has to offer. You can make a sticker out of anything you want – your face, your dog, a random object, etc. This is how it’s done:
• Open the app.
• Take a Snap but make sure your future sticker is somewhere in it.
• Now select the scissors icon.
• Drag your finger across the borders of the object you want to turn into a sticker. But don’t take your finger off the screen, it has to be done all in one movement.
• Snapchat will immediately duplicate your sticker on top of your Snap.
Once you’ve created your sticker, it will automatically be saved in the sticker gallery. You’ll be able to use it whenever you want. You can make an entire collection of stickers this way.
How Do You Remove Stickers From Photos?
Since we have already covered this question, we’ll just remind you that you can edit your photo as long as you are on Snapchat, but once the photo is saved to your phone gallery, you can’t undo the changes. That’s why it’s important to remove the stickers from your Snap by following the steps we outlined above.
Can You Remove Snapchat Stickers From Screenshots?
If you want to remove stickers from a screenshot that had been previously saved in your phone gallery, it’s impossible. But you can add stickers to any photo you upload on Snapchat, even if it had been previously saved. This is how you can add stickers on preexisting photos:
• Open your Snapchat app.
• Tap the pictures icon on the left side of your camera button. It will take you to Camera Memories. This is also the location of all your saved Snaps, Snapchat stories, and your Camera Roll.
• Go to your Camera Roll to find the Screenshot you want to edit.
• Tap the pen icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
• Tap the sticker icon.
• Choose the sticker you want to add to the screenshot.
• Tap on it and it will immediately appear on the screenshot.
• If you need to adjust it, you can move it around and change its size.
• Save the Snap by tapping the download icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
Editing Photos on Snapchat as a Whole New Experience
Stickers have become an everyday part of visual communication. Adding and removing stickers on Snapchat is a quick and simple process while creating your own stickers takes photo editing to a whole new level. There are countless other fun features this social media app has to offer. Once you get the hang of it, there is no limit to what you can do with your content on Snapchat.
Have you ever added or removed stickers from Snapchat? Did you follow the steps we outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.