How to Change a Password in Evernote
Evernote requires a strong password because it works across many devices and platforms. Unfortunately, note-taking app is just as prone to security breaches as other renowned cloud-based services. The only way to protect your data is to change your Evernote password. Luckily, this is a relatively straightforward process.
This article will explain how to change your Evernote password.
How to Change Evernote Password via a Browser
Don’t wait until a global security breach occurs to change your Evernote password. Make it a habit to reset your password often. Hackers’ tricks get more sophisticated every day. They target accounts with weak passwords. If your current Evernote password is easy to guess, follow these steps to alter it:
- Sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile name. Under Account Inform, select “Settings.”
- In the Account Summary tab, select “Login & Security” then click “Go to your profile.”
- Move to Password and click on “Change Password.”
- Type your old password in the first box. Enter your new password in the box beneath it.
- Confirm your new password and hit “Update.”
How to Change Evernote Password If You Can’t Log In
If you’ve forgotten your Evernote password, you could use all your login attempts and risk locking your account. To avoid this situation, don’t enter your current password more than once. Instead, follow these steps:
- Try to login into your account settings to trigger “Forgot password.”
- Click on “Forgot password.”
- Evernote will ask you to enter your email address or username.
- Click “Send Verification Email.”
- Sign in to your email account and check your inbox for a password reset link.
- If you can’t find a password reset link, open the spam folder. If you missed it, open the corporate email filter in case the reset message went there.
- Click on the reset link and wait for it to redirect to Evernote.
- Follow the simple instructions we shared above to change your current password.
How to Change Evernote Password Without Your Email Address
Maybe you stopped using the email address you used to open your Evernote account. Or maybe you forgot the login details of your recovery email address. Whatever the case, you can change your Evernote password without the lost email address.
- Visit the Customer Support page.
- Open a new support ticket and choose the “Continue as Guest” prompt.
- An explanation box will show up. Enter any email address you can recall using on Evernote in the box.
- Tell Evernote if you have used a paid subscription service before. You can support your claim by attaching a previous payment receipt. If you process Evernote payments with PayPal, find this receipt in your transaction history.
- You can also mention any gift code you have used to access the paid subscription service. Share the code, as Evernote can verify your account with it.
- If you can recall your username, add it here.
- Now add the email address you’re currently using.
- Submit your support ticket and wait for a customer care representative to solve your problem.
What to Do If You Can’t Find Your Password Reset Email Link
If you fail to see the email with your password reset link, open the spam folder and corporate email filter. After confirming that the message isn’t there, take the following action:
- Check if your email provider’s domain has a safe sender list. If it does, add the [email protected] email to the sender list. Alternatively, add it to your email contacts.
- Consult Evernote support if you still can’t see your password reset link message.
- You must open a support ticket and share relevant details in the explanation box. Although your passwords are vital, you should not put them in the explanation box.
- Share your current email address.
- After submitting the ticket, Evernote will confirm receipt by sending a message to your email address. Wait for them to verify your account and help you reset the password.
How to Enable the Two-Step Verification for Evernote Account
A strong Evernote password is the first way to protect your confidential data. You can make your Evernote Account even safer by activating the Two-Step Verification code. After doing so, Evernote will send you a unique code. First, you’ll enter your username and password. The system will then prompt you to enter your unique 2FA code or pin to access your account. Don’t share this pin with anyone or store it in a vulnerable place. Ensure your pin is easy to remember to avoid a more complicated password-changing procedure.
Here’s how you activate the Two-Step Verification for your account:
- Login into your Evernote account.
- Navigate to your “Profile” icon. Click on “Account Summary” to view the Security Summary.
- Under the Security Summary, you’ll see the Two-Step Verification row. Under Two-Step Verification is not enabled, tap “Enable.”
- Click on “Continue” and then tap “Send Verification Email.”
- Open your email address and search for an Evernote message with a unique verification code.
- Go back to the Evernote page and enter this code correctly.
- Move to the next page requiring you to enter your mobile phone number and verify it with a code sent via SMS.
- Next, create an authenticator code and keep it in a safe place.
How to Lock Others Out With a Passcode
Do you use Evernote for iOS and Android? If so, you can make your account safer with a passcode. Setting this passcode will lock everyone else out of your Evernote account. A passcode adds an extra security layer to your valuable notes. You can unlock a passcode-locked Evernote account with your face or fingerprint, although that’s optional.
Creating a Passcode Lock for an Apple Device
- Sign in to your Evernote app.
- Touch the three lines that make up the menu button.
- Use the navigation menu to access the “Settings.”
- Tap the Settings gear icon and click on Passcode.
- Click on Turn on Passcode.
- If you want to unlock the passcode with your face, tap “Unlock with Face ID.” To unlock Evernote with a fingerprint, choose “Unlock with Touch ID.”
Creating a passcode lock for an Android Device
- Sign-in to your Evernote account.
- Touch the menu button to see the navigation menu.
- Navigate to the Settings button and click to open it.
- Touch the Passcode and then Turn on Passcode.
- Android devices don’t all have the Unlock with Fingerprint feature. If your device does, it will function automatically after setting a passcode lock for Evernote.
How often should I change my Evernote password?
We advise you to reset your Evernote password regularly. Evernote’s last security breach attack in 2013 was severe. The app requested that millions of global users reset their passwords. Don’t wait until something like that happens again. Now that you know how to change your Evernote password, try to reset it a few times a year.
Stop Unauthorized Access With a New Password
Changing your Evernote password is easy. If Evernote has asked you to reset your password, or you have lost your login details, follow our simple instructions. You can increase your account safety by setting a passcode lock and a two-step verification code. If in doubt, contact Evernote’s customer support by sending a ticket.
Have you ever lost your Evernote password, email address, or username? Did you use any of the tips and tricks outlined in this article to change it? Let us know in the comments section below.