How to Factory Reset LeapFrog Tag Junior?
LeapFrog Tag junior is an interactive device that allows your child to listen to a picture book by pressing the device on a certain page.
Since it’s extremely simple to use, even for a toddler, this is a popular and entertaining educational device. However, it’s prone to understandable glitches, where the wrong or no audio plays at any given time. In that case, the only thing you can do is factory reset the device.
Luckily, there’s a LeapFrog app that can easily do this for you. Read this article to find out how.
First Step – Download the LeapFrog Connect App
The LeapFrog Connect app is a tool that helps you set up a personal LeapFrog account for you and your toddler. It’s not only useful when you need to hard reset the device, but to download and transfer audio, track your child’s progress, and enjoy various other options.
Follow the steps below to download the LeapFrog Connect app:
- Go to the LeapFrog’s Connect support webpage and download the app from the list below. If the download doesn’t work for some reason, you can also find it on other
- Launch the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to set up the app on your PC or Mac.
- When you install the app, it will take you directly to the LeapFrog Connect’s home screen. If it doesn’t, just manually launch the app from the desktop.
Note: Some LeapFrog devices, apps, and other downloadable tools, are only available in the US from the official website. If you can’t download the Tag Junior app from an official website, use the alternative links.
When the app launches, it will automatically try to connect with your Tag Junior device. In the next section, you’ll learn how to connect the two.
Second Step – Connect the Device with the App
Your need to connect the Tag Junior with your computer using the USB cable. You should find the cable among the items received with the product. Once you find the cord, proceed with these instructions:
- Plug the USB cable to the Tag Junior and your computer and wait until the new screen appears. This is where you’ll create your parent account.
- Enter your credentials in the empty boxes and set up your account.
- Press ‘Agree’ when you’re done.
Note: If you already have an account, press the ‘Sign in’ button to the right side of the screen and input your credentials. This will automatically transfer you to the ‘Devices’ screen.
- Press the ‘Who Plays With This Tag Junior’ button next to the image of the device on the screen.
- Enter the necessary information about your child, such as name, date of birth, and grade level.
- Press the orange ‘Finish’ button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click the ‘Get Started’ button at the bottom right of the next screen.
When you set up the account, you’ll see your LeapFrog Tag Junior displayed on the home screen of the Connect app. All the LeapFrog toys that you purchase and connect in the future will also display here.
The yellow exclamation mark next to your child’s name box means that the device is not yet set up. If it appears on your home screen, click on it and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Third Step – Perform the Factory Reset of Leapfrog Tag Junior
Now that your Tag Junior device is connected with your computer app, you can finally perform a factory reset. Make sure that the cable is plugged into both devices before you proceed, and then do the following:
- Click the box with your child’s name in it on the Connect’s home screen. This will open the personal Tag Junior home page. On this home page, you’ll find various options that can enhance your Tag Junior experience, including new audio and printables that you can play for your child.
- Click the ‘Settings’ tab at the top menu.
- Click the ‘Reset’ button under the ‘Reset this Tag Reader to factory settings’ section.
- Confirm your decision when prompted.
The factory reset will erase all data from your Tag Junior device. This includes user data that you’ll have to set up all over again (second section of this article), any downloaded audio, personalization settings, and other customized features. Once you start the factory reset, you won’t be able to reverse it. Therefore, make sure that you know how to set everything up again.
Maximize the Potential of LeapFrog Tag Junior
The LeapFrog Tag Junior device is fine as it is. You have one book and one audio file that will be played after each page, which is more than enough to educate and entertain your child for a while.
However, since the Connect app provides you with an opportunity to download more printable texts and images along with new audio files, you can ensure that your child always has new and enchanting experience.
How do you like the features that are available thanks to the Connect app? Which ones do you use? Share your experiences in the comments section below.