How To Find Your Coinbase Wallet Address
Knowing the address of your Coinbase wallet is a crucial step in making crypto transactions on Coinbase. This is due to Coinbase being a virtual safety deposit box used for storing and managing your cryptocurrency. Therefore, understanding how you can safely access your funds will ensure you receive and transfer money with ease each time.
Luckily, the Coinbase app is straightforward to use. You can easily exchange, store, or transfer your virtual assets through a user-friendly dashboard. However, without your Coinbase wallet address, you will not be able to access your funds at all.
Keep reading to find out all the different ways you can find your address.
How to Find a Coinbase Wallet Address on a PC
Finding the address of your Coinbase wallet is relatively simple when using your PC’s desktop browser:
- Open the Coinbase website and log into your account or create one.
- Look for the “Wallet” tab. This is where you can find all the necessary information about virtual crypto wallets.
- There are different crypto wallet options. Two of the most common ones are:
- BTC wallet – used for receiving Bitcoin transactions
- ETH wallet – used for receiving Ethereum transactions
After you select your desired wallet address, proceed with the following steps:
- Click the “Add” button.
- Generate the wallet’s QR code.
- Copy the wallet address and share it. Another way of sharing it is by scanning the QR code.
How to Find a Coinbase Wallet Address on an iPhone
If you want to find your Coinbase wallet address on your iPhone, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Download the Coinbase application on your device.
- Log into your account or create a new one.
- Look for the “Receive” button on the main homepage.
- Select the exact currency necessary for your transaction.
Make sure to double-check the correct crypto currency for your transaction.
Before you choose the currency in the app, a popup message will appear. The goal behind it is to remind you that crypto transactions are nonreversible. Therefore, if you send your asset to the wrong wallet address, it will, unfortunately, be lost.
Once you finish with this part, continue with the next steps:
- Click the ‘’I understand’’ button to note that you are aware of this information.
Upon clicking this button, generating your wallet address might take a few seconds. Soon after, you will get a QR code and a link to your Coinbase wallet address. Here, you can select the cryptocurrency you need.
The default option is “Bitcoin”; however, it is not the only one.
- Tap on the “Bitcoin” button to open a search window where you can look up and choose any asset you want.
- Go back to the previous page. If you want to receive a transaction from someone, all the essential information will be here. The two options are sending them the QR code or copying and sharing the link below it.
How to Find a Coinbase Wallet Address on an Android Device
Locating a Coinbase Wallet Address on an Andriod device is relatively straightforward. Take a look at the steps below:
- Download the Coinbase application through the Play Store app.
- Create a new account or log into your existing one.
- Tap on the “Trade” icon.
- A search bar will appear with a list of different currencies. Tap on your chosen currency in the list or look it up using the search bar.
After selecting the cryptocurrency, the app will show you its current status, including the most recent price and its future growth. Below this, you will find a button with the name of your cryptocurrency and the word “wallet.” For example, you’ll see BTC Wallet for Bitcoin transactions. Click on this button to get a page showing your owned amount in that specific currency.
- You can see a tiny QR code image in the top right part of the page. Tap on it to get the QR code and a link to your Coinbase wallet address.
- Copy and share the link into the sending/receiving network, or scan the QR code.
Include the Crypto Memo When Necessary
Another essential feature to note is the Crypto Memo. This is a message you can include along with your transaction. The feature is not a standard for all cryptocurrencies.
Keep in mind that your assets will be lost if you send the correct Coinbase wallet link or QR code but do not include the memo. The same situation will be inevitable if you send the wrong memo and your Coinbase wallet address.
It’s good to start with a transaction with a smaller amount if you’re unsure. If everything works out well, you can easily use the same address and memo to transfer the rest of your coins.
Always Double-Check Before Finalizing Your Transactions
Ultimately, even if you follow the previously mentioned steps, mistakes can still happen. You should always double-check the chosen Coinbase wallet address and memo to minimize potential issues. Also, make sure you give the test transfer, as mentioned above, a try. In doing so, you will significantly reduce the chance of losing your valuable assets.
Which method worked for you to find your Coinbase wallet address? Let us know in the comments below!