How To Forward Calls in RingCentral
RingCentral is one of the most popular communication solutions for businesses. It allows companies to use a single platform for calls, online meetings, conferencing, fax, etc. Within the software, users can customize call handling and forward calls to a cellphone or voicemail.
If you’re interested in learning how to forward calls in RingCentral, you’ve come to the right place. This article will provide detailed step-by-step instructions on forwarding calls to a cellphone or voicemail.
How to Forward Calls to a Cell Phone Number
RingCentral enables you to forward calls to external numbers like mobile numbers or landlines. Follow the instructions below, but keep in mind that the steps vary depending on your access profile.
If you’re an admin:
- Visit RingCentral’s website, and sign in to your account.
- From the Admin Portal, go to “Users.”
- Select “Users List.” Here, choose the extension you wish to customize.
- Press “Call Forwarding and Voicemail.”
- Go to the “Work Hours” tab and choose “Add number or coworker.” Enter the name and the phone number.
- Choose how long you’d like the call to ring and ensure the toggle button in the “Active” column is switched on
If you’re a user:
- Log in to your RingCentral account.
- Go to “Call Forwarding and Voicemail.”
- Navigate to the “Work Hours” tab and select “Add number or coworker.”
- Type the name and the number in the respective fields and select the desired amount of rings/seconds.
- Switch on the toggle button in the “Active” column.
How to Forward Calls to Voicemail
Another valuable feature RingCentral offers to its users is forwarding calls to voicemail. The steps for enabling this option vary depending on your access profile.
Admins should follow these steps to forward calls to voicemail in RingCentral:
- Log in to your RingCentral account.
- Choose “Users” from the Quick Access page in the Admin Portal.
- Press “User List” and select the extension you wish to configure.
- Select “Call Forwarding and Voicemail.”
- Navigate to the “Custom Rules” tab and press “Add Rule” at the bottom-right corner.
- Choose “Send the voicemail” and select the extension.
- Press “Save.”
Tip: Ensure the toggle button for this rule is switched on. Moreover, if you’ve created other rules in the past, ensure they don’t overlap with the voicemail rule. Check this by going to “Validate Rules” in the “Custom Rules” tab.
Users can forward calls to voicemail by following these steps:
- Visit RingCentral’s website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to “Settings.” Select “Call Forwarding and Voicemail.”
- Go to the “Custom Rules” tab and choose “Add Rule.”
- After creating a name for the rule and defining call conditions by selecting one or more of the three options: Caller ID, Called Number, and Date and/or Time .
- Choose “Send to Voicemail” and set the voicemail greeting. Select the voicemail box and choose the extension.
- You can use the default greeting or create your own by pressing “Custom.”
- Choose “Save.”
Although the toggle button for this rule should be switched on automatically as soon as you create it, users have reported this doesn’t always happen. So, ensure to double-check whether the rule is active. Plus, review other rules you’ve created earlier (if you have any) to prevent overlapping.
Managing Calls Has Never Been Easier
Forwarding calls can increase productivity and ensure a call is never missed, even when you’re not at the office. This option allows users to provide better customer service, maintain the company’s image, and stay connected on the go. RingCentral makes forwarding calls a breeze even for those who aren’t tech-savvy.
Have you used the call forwarding option before? Do you think this option is important in the current mobile work environment? Tell us in the comments section below.