How to Host a Meeting in WebEx
Since the pandemic began, video conferencing has seen a staggering growth in the market, taking the world by storm. 2020 saw companies across the globe switch on-site offices for virtual spaces to conduct meetings. Consequently, many video conferencing apps have become commonplace on mobiles and desktops across the country. One such app is WebEx.
If you’re new to the app and are unsure of how to host a meeting, fear not, for we’ve got you covered. This article will highlight how to successfully host a WebEx meeting, whether you’re using a desktop or a mobile app.
Keep reading to discover more.
How to Host a Meeting in the WebEx Desktop App
To host a meeting on the WebEx app, you will first need to sign up for a WebEx meetings account if you don’t already have one. While it is possible to join a meeting without an account, you won’t be able to host or schedule meetings without one.
Additionally, you will be required to download the app onto your computer if you haven’t done so already. You can access WebEx from a web browser, but it is recommended to download the app if you are hosting a meeting. Mainly, this is because any future meetings will be easier to track and access when the time comes.
Additionally, downloading WebEx productivity tools allows you to schedule meetings more efficiently, so it is worth getting.
To install the WebEx app, head to the WebEx website and click on “Download” in the upper right-hand corner. When the download is complete, follow these steps to host a scheduled meeting:
- Open the WebEx meeting app.
- From the dashboard, select “Start Meeting.”
- Select your desired video and audio settings before entering your meeting.
- When satisfied, click “Start Meeting” to begin.
Alternatively, you can host a meeting in your “Personal Room.” This is a virtual conference space on WebEx where users can host meetings at any given time. To access this feature, follow these steps:
- Open the WebEx desktop app.
- Click on “Start a Meeting,” located on the dashboard to start a personal room meeting.
- The video preview will let you adjust your audio and video settings before the meeting.
- Once you are happy with these settings, select “Start Meeting.”
How to Host a Meeting in the WebEx Mobile App
Perhaps you find yourself on the go regularly, or maybe you just prefer using a mobile device to a desktop. Whatever your reason may be, you’ll be pleased to know that it is possible to host a meeting on WebEx via your mobile device.
Whether you’re an iPhone or an Android user, the first thing you will need to do is download the WebEx app to host a meeting. It’s available and free to install from Apple’s App Store and the Google Play Store.
Once this is done, follow these steps to start hosting a meeting.
From an iOS device:
- After it has been downloaded, open the WebEx app on your iOS device.
- Sign in using your WebEx account details.
- Swipe left, then tap “Start Meeting.”
- You will be asked for permission to access your camera and microphone. Tap “OK” to confirm.
- Select “Start” to begin the video call session.
- Others can join the meeting by using the URL or number that appears in your personal room. This information can be emailed to participants.
- Navigate to “Start My Video” to confirm your action.
- The meeting will then commence.
From an Android:
- From your home screen, open the Webex app.
- Sign in to your account using your WebEx credentials.
- Swipe towards the left, then select “Start Meeting.”
- Confirm permission to use your camera and microphone by tapping “Allow.”
- You will be able to invite participants to join your meeting by sending them your URL or session number via email.
- When you’re ready, hit “Start My Video” to begin the meeting.
How Many Participants Can Join a WebEx Meeting?
The number of participants you can add to a meeting depends on the type of account you are hosting from. For instance, if you are using a free WebEx account, you can host a maximum number of 25 participants. However, if you host a meeting through the paid version of WebEx such as WebEx Calling, this number increases to 100 participants per meeting.
Can a WebEx Meeting Run Without the Host Present?
If the “Join Before Host” feature is enabled, then yes, participants will be able to start a meeting without the host present. Only the host can enable this feature. However, it is recommended that this feature is rarely enabled due to unintended consequences such as the misuse of teleconferencing minutes and potential fraud.
Be the Host That Knows the Most
With video conferencing increasing in popularity (the market is expected to reach $ 9 billion by 2026), it only makes sense that more people get a handle on how certain apps work. This rings particularly true for business owners who are taking their meetings online for the first time and are expected to organize everything and invite participants.
Knowing how to successfully host a meeting in a popular app like WebEx has many advantages. Teams are able to communicate with each other and discuss projects, wherever they may find themselves geographically. Plus, knowing how to host an online meeting cuts any extra travel costs that you or your employees would need to make to get to a physical meeting.
Have you tried hosting a meeting from WebEx? If so, how did you find the process? Did you struggle with anything? Let us know more about your experience in the comments below.