How to Bold in Discord
A bold comment stands out among other comments. Only Discord doesn’t have a visible option that allows members to bold words. So how do others do it? Are the steps different whether you’re an iPhone or an Android user? Moreover, is it possible to italicize words or use a strikethrough option like you would in Word?
If you’ve been pondering these questions, you’ve come to the right place. Without further ado, read on how to bold in Discord.
How to Bold in Discord
Bolding text in Discord is a useful function when you want to draw attention to a message. And it doesn’t require any complicated commands. Instead, users can bold in Discord with a few simple clicks. Here’s how to do it:
- In the chatbox, type “**…**” around the text you want to bold. It should look something like this: “**word**” in the chatbox.
- Hit “Enter.”
The text you’ve written is now in bold. It’ll capture attention and emphasize your point much more than regular text.
How to Make Your Discord Status Bold
Many Discord users love writing custom statuses on their Discord channel. This function enables them to share with other Discord users the games they’re currently playing or the mood they’re in. That said, many of them wonder if it’s possible to bold or italicize the status. After all, it would be a cool option to be able to customize your status even more.
Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to stylize a status. You can’t use the same bold command to make the status bold. However, there’s a way around it.
You can use a website that automatically transforms your regular text into bold:
- Open this website in your browser.
- Type the status in the box on the left.
- Copy it from the box on the right into your Discord status section.
That’s it! As you see, although Discord still doesn’t allow its users to bold their status, it’s possible to do so through another website.
How to Make Text Bold in Discord on iPhone
Those who use Discord on their iPhones and want to stylize the text will be glad to know that making it bold isn’t tricky. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Launch Discord on your iPhone.
- Choose a friend or a channel where you want to send a message.
- Type the message without sending it.
- Write the double asterisks around the message. It should look like this “**message**.”
- Tap to send a message.
There you go! The text you’ve sent via your iPhone is bold.
How to Make Text Bold in Discord on Android
If you’re an Android user and want to find out how to make text bold, this is what you need to do:
- Open Discord on your Android smartphone.
- Select a channel or a user to whom you want to send something.
- Type the message and make sure to write double asterisks around it.
- Click to send the message.
How to Write Bold Text in Discord
Discord users are initially disappointed because there’s no visible option that helps them write bold text. However, they can use an easy command which will make any message they send to a friend or in a channel bold. Follow these easy steps to write bold text in Discord:
- Launch Discord on your computer.
- Click on the friend or the channel where you want to send a bold message.
- Write double asterisks before and after the message and tap “Enter.”
- The text you send will now be bold.
How to Use Bold Font in Discord
Bold font can be handy in Discord. Members can use it to emphasize a message and draw more attention to the text. It’s also much easier to scan bold rather than regular text. This means that other users will be able to find information much efficiently and quickly.
How to Italicize Words in Discord
If you want to convey sarcasm in your text, you can do so by italicizing the message. Or perhaps you prefer to italicize the text to emphasize it. But how do so if there’s no option for it in Discord? Simple, with the help of a few characters. Here’s what you should do:
- Launch Discord on your computer.
- Select where you want to write the italicized words.
- Write the asterisk before and after the message. The text should look like this “*text.*”
- Tap “Enter.”
How to Use Strikethrough in Discord
Are you wondering how to use strikethrough in Discord? You probably assume by now that there isn’t an option that allows you to strikethrough the text with a click. However, there is an alternative:
- Open Discord.
- Write a message to a friend or on a channel but don’t send it.
- Write a double tidal character. n most keyboards, a tidal character is under the “Esc” button or on the left of the “F1” button.
- The message should look like this “~~text~~.”
How to Underline Words in Discord
Do you want to underline words in Discord? If so, follow the steps below:
- Open Discord.
- Write the message without sending it.
- Type two underscore characters before and after the text. It needs to look like this “__text__.”
The text will now appear as underlined.
How to Combine Effects in Discord
Now that you know how to bold and italicize the text and use the strikethrough, you’re probably wondering if it’s possible to combine effects. Check out below which combinations Discord users can make.
Bold Italicized Text
To write a bold, italicized message, here’s what to do:
- Once you write the message, type the three asterisks before and after the text.
- The message will be like this “***message***.”
Bold Italicized Underlined Text
Do you want to combine three different options and write a bold, italicized, underlined text? This is how it’s done:
- Type a message to a friend or on the channel.
- Write two underscores and three asterisks on both sides of the text. The message should look like this “__***text__***.”
How to Write Spoilers in Discord
Writing spoilers in Discord is essential if you’re about to censor something. Doing so is possible whether you use Discord on your computer or a smartphone. Follow the steps below to learn how to write spoilers in Discord:
- Open Discord on your computer or a phone.
- Click on a friend to whom you want to write something. Or, tap on the channel where you want to write a message.
- To hide the message from other users until they decide to see it, write the double pipes before and after the text (Shift+\). Here’s how it should look “||text||.”
Doing so will tell Discord it needs to hide a message, as it contains spoilers.
Alternatively, it’s possible to write spoilers like this:
- Launch Discord on a device.
- Choose whether you want to write a message to a friend or to the channel.
- Type the message but don’t send it.
- Write “/spoiler” at the beginning of the message.
- Tap “Enter to send the message.
When users want to see the spoilers, all they have to do is double-click on the message. They’ll see it with a grey background.
Is there anything regarding stylizing Discord messages we haven’t answered? Then read about it in the following section.
How Do You Make Text Bold and Underlined in Discord?
In the previous sections, we’ve taught you how to make text bold, how to italicize it, and use strikethrough. You’ve also learned how to combine these functions. But how do you make the text bold and underlined? Follow this easy process:
• Open Discord on your device.
• Write the message but don’t hit the button to send it.
• Type two underscores and two asterisks before and after the text.
• Here’s how the text should look like “text.”
How Do You Make Text Look Different in Discord?
There are different ways to make the text in Discord look different. Users can use the keyboard functions to bold, italicize it, underline it, or use strikethrough. Moreover, it’s possible to combine these options to create a customized message. Finally, it’s even possible to write spoilers so that other Discord users don’t see the message unless they wish to do so.
Personalize the Discord Message
Although Discord doesn’t boast visible functions that allow users to personalize their text, they can still use a few tricks to do so. Now you know how to make the text bold or italicize it to emphasize the message. It’s also possible to underline the text or use strikethrough if you’ve made a mistake.
Moreover, combine the functions to create a message that’ll stand out. Finally, be sure to learn how to write spoilers to avoid making other users angry.
Have you been able to change your Discord text? Did you encounter any problems? Do you have any favorite combinations? Share your experiences in the comments section below; the community will love to hear more.