How to Cancel a CBS All Access Account
Whether you want to save some money, try a different platform, or you just don’t like what CBS is offering any more, there are quite a few ways to cancel your account. Just remember that the streaming service doesn’t offer partial refunds of any kind. So make sure you got the most out of it before you leave.
As with any paid subscription service, how you cancel depends on how you set up the subscription in the first place. You will have to go back to the original point of sale to successfully cancel the monthly service.
For example, if you originally logged into the CBS website you can cancel from there, but if you signed up through a third-party partner like Prime of Apple, you will have to cancel your subscription using that company’s website or process.
Cancel Your Account from the CBS Website
The easiest way to cancel your account is to go directly to the CBS All Access website and do it from there.
- Visit the CBS All Access website.
- Hit the Sign In button.
- Type in your login credentials.
- Click the My Account page link if it doesn’t automatically redirect you there.
- Go to the bottom of the page.
- Click the Cancel My Subscription link.
- Confirm the cancellation.
- Hit the Continue with Cancellation button.
- Confirm your cancellation again by ticking the checkbox.
- Click the Yes, cancel My Subscription option.
- Choose to give a reason or not.
- Confirm the cancellation again.
Do note that if you want to say goodbye to your CBS All Access account you have to do it from a browser. You can’t do it by simply logging into the app from your smartphone.
Of course, once you cancel, you’ll still be able to use the platform if you’re paid up until the next renewal date, according to your payment history.
Also, note that you have to give them a reason in Step 11. You can’t leave all options unchecked.
Cancel Your Account from Your Subscription Tracker
Some people use online subscription trackers to monitor all their subscriptions, pay their bills, and have all the information they want in the same place. Truebill is such a subscription tracking app.
If you use one of these trackers you can then cancel one of your subscriptions through that app.
- Log into your account.
- Type in the service you want to cancel/username you use on said platform.
- Type in your password and email too.
- Type in a reason for cancellation.
- Confirm you want to cancel.
Partnered apps will be able to automate the process for you. That way, you don’t have to go through the CBS All Access website and perform click after click, answer more questions, and waste extra time.
Cancel CBS All Access Through Your Prime Account
If you’re using Amazon Prime Video then you know that CBS All Access is available as an add-on on the streaming platform. It’s only available to users with a subscription to CBS All Access.
Nevertheless, while you may not be able to cancel your account from the CBS All Access standalone app, you can do it from your Prime streaming account. Here’s how:
- Launch the Prime Video platform.
- Enter your login credentials and sign in.
- Select the Accounts & Lists menu in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the Channel Subscriptions option.
- Locate the CBS All Access channel (under the Prime Video Channels section).
- Hit the Actions button.
- Select Cancel Channel.
- Confirm the cancelation.
What’s nice is that from the Actions section you can also select Restart Channel. This will renew your CBS All Access subscription. Provided of course, you use this option before the previous renewal date when your subscription expires.
Cancel CBS All Access Through iTunes
If you’re an Apple fan, signing up for subscriptions is safe and simple with iTunes subscription capabilities. When you’re ready to cancel a subscription, you will have to do so using your Apple device rather than going directly to the website.
Essentially, you’re paying for your subscription using your Apple account so canceling the service needs to be done using your Apple account. To do this:
- Visit the ‘Settings’ on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on your name at the top, or sign in to iCloud if prompted
- Tap on ‘iTunes & App Store’
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top and tap ‘View Apple ID’
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Subscriptions’
- Locate CBS All-Access under the ‘Active’ tab and tap it
- Tap ‘Cancel Subscription’ located at the bottom of this page
Once you’ve confirmed the cancellation you should receive an email with the pending cancellation.
What Are You Really Loosing?
The CBS All Access account comes with CBS basic programming, sports, news, as well as some hit shows – the new Star Trek series Picard and Discovery, Twilight Zone, SEAL Team, NCIS, Why Women Kill, etc.
That said, you can find those shows on other streaming platforms without having to pay for a CBS All Access account, which can cost a pretty penny for a year-round subscription. Even more so if you want to be able to download your favorite episodes or enjoy a commercial-free streaming experience.
So, at the end of the day, you’ll really only be missing out on live news programming and sports. If you’re already a member on another streaming platform that has most of the CBS shows, you may find that holding a separate subscription on CBS isn’t all that worthwhile.
It’s also worth noting that when you try to cancel your subscription you may get an incentive to stay. Sometimes CBS might offer you a free month to get you to reconsider.
You can take advantage of that or click the No Thanks button and confirm your cancellation.
Although there are many ways to cancel your CBS All Access account, be certain that you won’t be missing out on anything you like. As already mentioned, you can find some of its TV shows on other platforms. But if you want the live news reports or access to sports, that’s not something you get on those other platforms.