How to Change the Google Background
If you use Google a lot, you might get bored of looking look at the same blank, basic screen every day. Understandably, lots of folks want to modify their Google background, adding colors, images, and themes to make it pop.
Luckily, Google makes all of this pretty straightforward. This article will explain how to change the Google background.
How to Change the Google Background in Chrome Using Themes
First of all, it’s important to note that if you want to modify your Google background, you can only do so in Chrome. It’s not possible to do it in other browsers. If you’re a not a Chrome user, you’ll have to make do with the classic Google look.
Fortunately, Chrome fans get lots of dynamic and vibrant themes to make their Google background extra special and attractive. Here’s how it works:
- Click on the three dots icon in the top right corner of your Chrome browser window.
- In the drop-down menu, click on “Settings.”
- Find the “Appearance” button in the sidebar menu and click it.
- Next, click “Theme.” This will redirect you over to the themes section of the Google Chrome Web Store.
- Browse Google’s comprehensive collection of themes, including minimalistic styles, futuristic sci-fi themes, cutesy animal-themed options, and plenty more.
- Scroll through the samples to find a theme you love, and then press “Add to Chrome.”
Once the theme has installed, your Google screen and new tab pages will all be decorated with your selected theme.
How to Add a Custom Image to Your Google Background
The method listed above works well if you want to pick a pre-made theme for your Chrome browser, but what if you’re looking to customize Google with your own image? That’s possible too, and it only takes a few quick clicks.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on “Customize Chrome” in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select various colorful backgrounds and other options from the customization menu, as well as adding your own images. Click on “Upload from device” to proceed.
- You’ll then be able to browse through the folders on your device to find whatever image you wish to use. Try and choose a high-quality image, as pictures with poor resolution may look blurry or grainy when stretched across the full screen.
- Once you’ve found the image you want to see on the Google tab, double-click it to upload it to Chrome. It should appear on your Google screen a few seconds later.
How to Change the Color of the Google Background
Perhaps you don’t necessarily want to add any images or themes to Google, but simply want to change the color to something fresh and vibrant, like sky blue or bold red. This is also possible via the customization menu we utilized in the previous method.
- Open Google Chrome and click on “Customize Chrome” in the bottom right corner.
- Click on “Color and theme” to see a rainbow of different color options you can apply, including everything from gray to green, blue, purple, pink, and others.
- Pick your favorite color. Alternatively, if you want to get even more creative, click on “Custom color” to define the specific tone you wish to apply from an almost endless array of choices. .
How to Change the Google Background Back to Default
Maybe you clicked on the wrong color, or perhaps you just got bored of whichever theme or photo you choose. Either way, you might feel like setting Google back to its default format. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open Chrome and click the “Customize Chrome” button in the bottom right corner.
- In the Background section of the “Customize this page” menu, click on “Classic Chrome,” and then click “Done” to finalize the change.
- This should revert Google to its classic white look, without any images, special colors, or themes.
Can you change the Google background on Android?
At present, the only options available for changing Google’s appearance on Android are light and dark themes, which you can find in the “Theme” part of the “Settings” menu. There aren’t any other color settings or themes, and it’s not possible to customize Chrome on Android with your own photos or images, either, but this could change with future updates.
Does Google have image requirements for background photos?
No, Google doesn’t impose any strict limits regarding the photos or images you upload as personalized backgrounds. However, if you use a low-quality image or one that isn’t the right size, it probably won’t look too great. For that reason, it’s best to opt for high-quality, high-resolution photos for best results.
Does changing Google background have any effect on other websites?
No, changing your Google background or theme shouldn’t have any visual effects on other websites. It only applies to the Google screen and the frame around the browser window.
Which theme is best for Google Chrome?
That all depends on your personal preferences. Some people love minimalistic Google themes that are clean and clutter-free, while others love really detailed, intricate designs with lots of colors. Play around with a few options from the Chrome Store and find your favorites.
Change Google Background with Just a Couple of Clicks
As you can see, it’s remarkably quick and easy to adjust your Google background. Plus, it’s a nice way to breathe new life into your browser and make things a little more interesting whenever you use the world’s favorite search engine. Choose your favorite color, image, or effects and brighten up your day.
Have you tried changing Google’s appearance? Maybe you’ve got a favorite theme or style? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.