How to Install Office 365
Whether you are a student or use your computer for work, you’ve probably used Microsoft Office suite programs like Word or PowerPoint. It’s one of the most popular software suites, and it is used by 1.5 billion people globally.
Office 365 debuted in 2001 as a cloud-based and subscription-based version of Microsoft’s popular productivity suite Microsoft Office. Office 365 includes the same basic programs as traditional versions of Office, as well as other programs and services depending on your subscription plan.
Several subscription options are available for Office 365, including versions for personal use, multi-user homes, students, corporations, organizations, and education. This article will talk about how you can install Office 365 on different devices, regardless of the version you use.
Before installing Office 365, you’ll need to choose your subscription plan and make an account on the official website.
How to Install Office 365 on a Chromebook
Unfortunately, you can’t download Office apps from the Chrome Web Store. The most straightforward approach to installing Microsoft Office on a Chromebook is downloading the Office applications for Android and Chromebooks. For this, you’ll need the Google Play Store.
- Open Play Store.
- In the search bar, search for the Office program you want.
- Click “Install.”
- Open the app with the Chrome Launcher.
- Sign in to your Office 365 subscription account.
How to Install Office 365 on a Windows PC
Before installing Office 365 to your Windows PC, you should check the system requirements and which version is compatible with the Windows system you are using.
- Go to the official Microsoft Office website and sign in.
- Select “Install Office 365 Apps.”
- Select the apps you need.
- Click “Download.”
- Once the download has finished, an installer will instantly launch and begin installing Microsoft Office 365 Apps. Follow the installation instructions.
- The first time you open an app, you will log in to activate the product. Logging in will also save your work to OneDrive.
How to Install Office 365 on a Mac
The steps to installing Office on a Mac are almost the same as for Windows. You should also check the system requirements before starting.
- Sign in at the official Microsoft Office website.
- Choose “Install Office 365 Apps.”
- Select the applications you wish to download.
- Click the “Download” button.
- When the download is complete, open “Finder.”
- Go to “Downloads,” and click “Microsoft Office installer.pkg.”
- Follow the installation instructions.
- After the installation has finished, open the Launchpad.
- Select the Microsoft Word icon.
- A “What’s New” window will pop up. Select “Get Started” to activate the product.
How to Install Office 365 on an iPhone
The Office apps are not limited to a computer. Using the Office 365 package on the go allows you to check or fix something quickly. To install Office 365 on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the App Store.
- Type in the Office App you want to download.
- Tap “Get.”
- When the app finishes installing, tap “Open.”
- You will see a window with information. Slide to the third screen.
- Tap on “Sign in.”
- Enter your information and tap on “Next” to finalize your sign-in and use the apps.
How to Install Office 365 on an Android Device
The installation process may vary depending on your device and your Android version, but the basic steps are:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search for “Microsoft Office 365.”
- Tap on “Install.”
- When the installation has finished, tap on “Open.”
- Press “Allow” on the pop-ups.
- Tap on “Get started.”
- Select “Connect Your Account” and sign in.
Downloading the complete Microsoft Office suite will give you access to essential programs like Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on your Android device. To install other Office 365 apps, you have to search for them individually in the Google Play Store and repeat the steps listed above.
Is Office 365 Different From Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 should not be confused with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Office 365. Microsoft 365 is a service pack that contains Office 365 as well as other business tools. The former was created to provide companies with access to all the fundamental tools required to administer their basic IT infrastructure and protect their businesses.
Can I Use Office 365 With Previous Versions of Office?
Many existing Office users who now use a permanently licensed, on-premise version of Office can utilize Office 365 and take advantage of all the benefits that cloud connectivity delivers. Office 365 works best with the most recent version of Office and Office 2016. It also works with Office 2013 and Office 2011 for Mac. Older Office versions, such as Office 2010 and Office 2007, may also function with Office 365, with limited support.
Is Office 365 Secure?
Yes. Users of cloud-hosted Office 365 may benefit from Microsoft’s massive security efforts, including integrated antivirus, anti-spam, and anti-malware as standard. Office 365 data is stored in Microsoft’s worldwide data centers, where specialized threat management teams foresee, detect, and neutralize unwanted access 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All messages are checked using Exchange Online Protection (EOP), and e-mail is protected with SSL/TLS both at rest and in transit.
Do I Need to Be Online to Use Office 365?
You’ll need an internet connection to access Office 365, but you don’t have to stay connected to work. All Office 365 plans require internet connectivity to be installed and activated at first.
Remember that if you need to access cloud-stored documents, you will need to connect to the internet to download files and work offline. Access to Office 365 cloud services such as e-mail, real-time co-authoring of documents, and conferencing will also be restricted.
How Much Does Office 365 Cost?
Office 365 is offered in a variety of packages to meet the needs of any company or individual. Package prices vary depending on your needs.
Other factors that influence the pricing of Office 365 include the number of users per plan, e-mail options, and whether you want sophisticated analytics.
Use Office 365 With Ease
Installing Office 365 is relatively easy as long as you have a subscription. Keep in mind that steps can vary slightly, especially for the many different Android devices. Additionally, there are online versions of some Offices features available that allow users to share their files and edit files together simultaneously.
Do you have an Office 365 subscription? Do you prefer the offline or Online versions? On which devices do you use Office 365 the most? Let us know in the comment section below!
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.