How to Print From an iPhone
When you need to print a document from your iPhone, it might seem like your best option would be to send it to your desktop and connect that to a printer. However, thanks to modern technology, you don’t have to do that.
This article will discuss the various methods you can use to print documents from your iPhone.
How to Print From an iPhone to a Wireless Printer
Apple developed the AirPrint feature that allows users to print wirelessly. AirPrint is an iOS protocol available in many printers on the market today. Take a look at this list to see if your printer is AirPrint compatible.
AirPrint is the simplest way to print from your iPhone. All you have to do is add your AirPrint-enabled printer to your device.
- Before you get started, ensure that the printer and your iPhone are on the same wireless network.
- Open the document you would like to print and press the Share button.
- Select the “Print” option, then “Select Printer,” located at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the printer you would like to use and pick the number of copies you would like printed.
- Click “Print” in the top right corner.
You have now printed your document from your iPhone using a wireless printer.
How to Print From an iPhone to a Canon Printer
You can also print from your iPhone without utilizing AirPrint. If your printer has wireless capabilities, you can download the app from the Apple Store and use that to establish communication between your phone and printer. For example, you can get the Canon printer app and use the instructions below to print from your iPhone using a Canon device.
- Download and install the Canon printer app on your iPhone.
- Turn on your printer’s Wi-Fi and open the app on your phone.
- Go to your iPhone Settings and press the Wi-Fi button.
- Scroll to “Other Networks” and locate your printer.
- Find the document you would like to print and tap the “Share” icon.
- Select the Canon Printer option and hit “Print.”
Your document has now been printed on a Canon printer.
How to Print From an iPhone to a Brother Printer
You can use third-party apps to print documents from your iPhone. An app like Presto is available on the App Store and is compatible with lots of printers on the market. Presto will connect your phone to your printer as long as both devices are on the same wireless network. Let’s look at how we can use Presto to print from an iPhone to a Brother printer.
- Download and install Presto on your iPhone.
- Open the app and select the Brother printer.
- Go to the document you would like to print and press the “Share” icon.
- Tap on the printer name and select the number of copies you would like to print.
- Click “Print” to complete the process.
You’ve now printed a document from your iPhone using your Brother printer.
How to Print From an iPhone to an HP Printer
It might surprise you to know that devices also have email addresses. You can use your HP’s email address to print a document from your iPhone. Once you’ve set everything up, you’ll send an email to your printer requesting it to print the copy. This isn’t a method as widely available as AirPrint or a printer app, but it works all the same.
- Go to the HP Printer site and retrieve the instructions for activating email printing.
- Follow the instructions to set up the printer’s email address.
- Email a document from your iPhone to your printer.
- The printer will automatically print the document using the default settings.
You’ve now printed a document from your iPhone to your HP printer.
At the Push of a Button
Technological advances have provided us with a plethora of options for printing. You can now print documents directly from your iPhone to wireless-enabled printers. This guide shows you exactly how to do that with some of the most popular devices on the market. You no longer have to look for cables or lag the printer into position to print. This is something you can now accomplish at the push of a button. Have your printed documents directly from your iPhone? What method did you use? Let us know in the comments section below.