How to Set Up Voicemail in RingCentral
If you run a business and are looking to streamline your customer service and improve user satisfaction, setting up voicemail is crucial. With RingCentral, you can do exactly that, either using your desktop or your phone, whichever is your preferred way of operating.
Follow this step-by-step guide to guarantee that your voicemail is set to one you know will keep your customers content.
Setting Up Your Voicemail in RingCentral on Desktop and Web
If you’re used to working on your computer, you’ll probably find it easier to set up your voicemail on that device as well. This is possible through the web or the desktop app on your computer. Here’s how:
- Go to the RingCentral app on your desktop or log into your account on its web version. For quicker and easier access, you can also use the “Single Sign-on” option.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll find “Settings” at the bottom left.
- Go to “Phone” in the list of options on the left.
- Scroll down until you reach “Voicemail.”
- There’ll be an “Edit” button on the right. Your greetings will be active every day and at all hours, but to change it, go to “Edit schedule” and set your preferences.
- To check what your current voicemail greeting is, tap on the play button and listen.
- If you’re happy with RingCentral’s default voicemail, you can leave it at that, enter your PIN at the bottom and tap “Save.”
How to Set Up Voicemail in RingCentralHow to Set Up Voicemail in RingCentral
If the default RingCentral voicemail is not to your taste and you wish to personalize your greeting to fit your company’s image, no worries. You can achieve it in several ways.
Before you get into it, however, you’ll first have to change the “Default” setting from the drop-down menu to “Custom” in the voicemail settings. There’ll be three options: to add your own voicemail through a phone call, by using your microphone, or by importing an audio file.
Through a Phone Call
To set up your custom RingCentral voicemail through a phone call:
- Tap on the “Phone” button in the current settings.
- Enter the number you want RingCentral to call you on under “Call me at” unless you want it to use the phone number you might’ve already provided for other reasons.
- Click “Call Now.”
- Follow the instructions provided during the call.
- Go back to your screen and tap “Done.”
- Click “Save” to confirm your new RingCentral voicemail.
Using the Computer Microphone
To create the voicemail by recording audio with your microphone:
- Switch to “Computer Microphone.”
- If you’re asked to give access to your microphone, click “Allow” when you spot the pop-up.
- Tap the red circle to start the recording and immediately speak into your computer’s microphone.
- Click the blue button to finish the recording once you’ve said everything you want your future customers to hear. The blue button will allow you to listen to your recording and hear if you’re pleased with your new voicemail. If you’re not satisfied, you can re-record it by pressing the red circle again and repeating the recording process.
- Upload the finished recording by tapping the upward-pointing arrow.
- Tap “Done.”
- Press “Save” to finish and confirm your choices.
Importing an Audio File
If you already have a customized audio recording on your device and want to use it as your new RingCentral voicemail, add it by doing these steps:
- Click on the last option under the “Custom” option, i.e., “Importing.”
- Tap on the “Browse” button, which leads you to your computer’s files.
- You’ll only be able to upload a file in .MP3 or .WAV format, so prepare the one that complies with this rule beforehand.
- Tap “Open” to upload the desired audio file.
- Press “Done.”
- Tap “Save” to finish up.
Nothing is forever, so change your voicemail as many times as you want. Additionally, if you change your mind and wish to switch back to using RingCentral’s default voicemail instead, you can do so by clicking “Reset to default” and “Save.”
Set Up Voicemail in RingCentral on the Mobile App
With its convenient mobile app that’s available for both iOS and Android, RingCentral makes setting up your voicemail a breeze. Here are the steps:
- Go to the RingCentral app on your mobile device.
- Access your profile in the top left.
- Go to “Phone.”
- Find “Voicemail.”
- If you don’t want your voicemail to play 24/7, you can set a different schedule by going to “Set schedule” and setting it up your working hours.
- Your current voicemail will be the default one set by RingCentral (you can listen to it by pressing the play button). To change it and add your own, switch from “Default” to “Custom.”
- You’ll see the option “Record new greeting.” You will only see this option while setting up your voicemail through your phone.
- To start recording, tap the red circle. To end the recording, press the red button again.
- Once you’re pleased with the recording, press “Save.”
Set Up Voicemail in RingCentral Through Admin Portal
As a RingCentral account admin, you can set up the voicemail through the admin portal by following these steps:
- Sign into your account on RingCentral’s website for Admin Portal.
- Access “My Extension” from the drop-down menu “Admin Portal.”
- Tap the “Settings” tab from the top line of menus.
- Open the “Call Forwarding and Voicemail” section.
- Navigate to the “Work Hours” tab.
- Select “Send to voicemail” under the “Missed Calls” section.
- Listen to your current voiceover version by pressing the play button. If you wish to change it to your custom one, click “Edit.”
- Change “Default” to “Custom.”
- Record it and press “Save” once you’re satisfied with the voiceover.
What is my RingCentral voicemail PIN?
Your voicemail PIN in RingCentral is the password you use to access your voicemails and verify your account. You can find it in the voicemail sections of your desktop and mobile app.
What do I do if I’m receiving voicemails but not calls?
The first thing you should check if you’re receiving voicemail but not calls is whether your RingCentral is updated to its latest version and whether your internet connection is stable. Next, log in and out and have someone call you. If this doesn’t solve the problem, check whether only one device is connected to the account and that the “Do not disturb” option isn’t accidentally on.
Can I change my voicemail PIN in RingCentral?
Yes, you can change your PIN for voicemails in RingCentral or the PIN of other employees if you’re the account’s admin. You’ll find the PIN-changing settings in the voicemail sections of your mobile and desktop accounts.
Improved Customer Service with the Right Voicemail
Voicemails help you work in peace while not missing any important calls or losing any potential customers. It’ll keep you and your customers stress-free and reassured. What’s more, if you create a compelling greeting, you’ll let your users know that you care about them.
Tell us in the comments below if this article helped you set up your first voicemail in RingCentral and how it improved your workflow and customer service.