iPhone XS Max – How to Block Calls
There are many reasons why one might want to block incoming calls. Some of the most common ones include pesky telemarketers, keen and not-so-secret admirers, prank calls, and many more.
Blocking calls can also come in handy when you’re in an important meeting or just want some quiet time. Here are some of the most common ways to block calls.
Block a Number
The easiest and the most efficient way to block calls is by blocking a specific number. That way, you can stop receiving unwanted calls and remain reachable to others. There are two ways to do it – through your phone’s settings or your call log. Here’s how the first method works.
- Tap and launch the “Settings” app from your phone’s Home screen.
- Scroll down to the “Phone” tab and tap to open it. Note that the “FaceTime” and “Messages” sections also offer the ability to block a number in the same way the “Phone” section does.
- Once in the “Phone” menu, you should tap the “Call Blocking & Identification” tab.
- When the tab opens, you should type the number that you want to block.
The alternative route that leads through the phone’s call log looks like this:
- Tap the “Phone” icon on your Home screen.
- Here you can choose between “Missed Calls” and “All Calls”. Choose one.
- Browse the call list and tap the “i” icon next to the contact that you want to block.
- An info panel will open up, tap on option “Block This Caller”.
- Confirm your choice by tapping “Block Contact”.
If you change your mind and decide to unblock a number, here’s how you can do it.
- Tap the “Settings” icon on your Home screen.
- Find the “Phone” tab and tap it.
- Once in the “Phone” settings menu, tap the “Call Blocking & Identification” tab.
- Next, tap the “Edit” button (top-right corner).
- Tap the “Minus” symbol next to the contact that you want to unblock.
- Tap “Unblock”.
Do Not Disturb
The Do Not Disturb function offers you a range of ways to block unwanted calls. Here’s how it works:
- Tap the “Settings” icon on the Home screen.
- Tap the “Do Not Disturb” tab.
- Once the tab opens, tap the slider switch to toggle the “Do Not Disturb” mode on.
- If you tap the slider switch next to the “Scheduled” option, you will be able to set the time interval during which you want the mode to be active.
If you toggle “Bedtime” on, message and call notifications will be logged in the list labeled “During Bedtime”. All calls will be silenced as long as “Do Not Disturb” mode is active.
In the “Silence” sub-menu, you can set when you want the call and message notifications to be silenced. The options include “Always” and “While iPhone is locked”.
You can also allow calls from certain numbers. To set a number, tap the “Allow Calls From” tab and pick the number or a group of numbers you want to receive calls from.
Finally, there’s the “Repeated Calls” option. Second call from the same number (if it occurs within three minutes of the first one) will not be silenced.
Whatever your reasons may be, it is important to have the ability to block incoming calls. These easy-to-use methods will let you block calls and reclaim your privacy in a matter of seconds.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.