iPhone XS Max – How to Block Messages
Getting a random message from time to time might not be a big problem, as you can simply delete it. However, if someone’s spamming your inbox or sending you inappropriate messages, you might decide to block them. Here’s how to block messages on your iPhone XS Max.
Block Through the Messaging App
This is the easiest and the most frequently used way to block unwanted messages from pesky senders. This is how it works on the iPhone XS Max:
1. Tap the “Messaging” app icon on your phone’s Home screen.
2. Once the app launches, browse the message threads to locate the sender you’d like to block.
3. Tap the thread to open it.
4. Next, tap the icon with the contact’s initials to open the options menu.
5. Once the menu opens, tap the “i” icon. It should be located on the right side of the menu.
6. Tap the name or the number of the contact you intend to block. Note that unknown senders will be displayed as phone numbers here.
7. Tap the “Block this Caller” option at the bottom of the screen.
8. Confirm your choice by tapping “Block Contact”.
Block Through the Settings App
Alternatively, you can block unwanted messages via the ubiquitous “Settings” app. It is a less used route, but nonetheless equally efficient as the previous one. Here’s what you should do:
1. Tap the “Settings” app on your phone’s Home screen.
2. Next, tap the “Messages” tab to access it.
3. Once in the “Messages” menu, you should tap the “Blocked” tab.
4. When it opens, tap the “Add New” button.
5. Next, you will be shown the list of your contacts. Browse it and select the one that you want to block by tapping on its name. Have in mind that the “Blocked” sub-menu allows you to block both individual senders and groups.
Block Spam Messages
The iPhone XS Max, like the rest of iOS 12-operated devices, allows you to block messages from unknown senders. This means that you no longer have to manually delete spam and random messages you receive. To do it, follow these easy steps:
1. Launch the “Settings” app from your Home screen.
2. Tap the “Messages” tab.
3. Once in the “Messages” settings panel, look for the “Filter Unknown Senders” option and tap the slider switch next to it.
Once a sender is blocked, either through the Messaging or Settings apps, they won’t be able to pester you anymore. However, if you decide to unblock them, here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the “Settings” app from your iPhone’s Home screen.
2. Next, you should select the “Messages” tab.
3. Locate the “Blocked” button and tap it.
4. When the “Blocked” sub-menu opens, tap the “Edit” button (it’s located in the upper-right corner).
5. Your phone will then show you the list of all blocked senders. Tap the red icon next to a contact that you want to unblock. Have in mind that you can select multiple contacts.
6. Tap the “Unblock” button.
As you can see, blocking a misbehaving sender is easy and can be done quickly. With the methods explained in this article, you will be able to get rid of spam and unsolicited messages for good.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.