How to Join a Meeting in WebEx from a PC or Mobile Device
If there’s anything good to come out of 2020, video conferencing might be it. Since the year of the global shutdown, online meetings have taken the world by storm – and it’s no wonder.
This handy technological feature saves many people a lot of time and money spent on travel. Not only that but video conferencing is also said to improve overall productivity and communication for workers.
WebEx is one example of a video conferencing app regularly used by businesses. Users can join meetings using the desktop or mobile app, making it highly flexible, but not knowing how to join a meeting can be a major inconvenience.
This article will take you on a step-by-step guide on how to join a meeting in WebEx.
How to Join a Meeting in the WebEx iPhone App
If you’re one of the billions of iPhone users in the world, you’ll be glad to hear that it’s possible to join a WebEx meeting directly from your mobile device. This is particularly handy if you find yourself on the go regularly but don’t want to miss out on a work meeting.
Here’s how to do it:
- Download the WebEx app from the Apple App Store.
- Once you’re in, swipe left to access “My Meetings.”
- Tap “Join Meeting.”
- You’ll now need to type in any of the following: the meeting number, the host’s username, or the personal room URL. Typically, you will have received an email before this containing this information.
- Hit “Join.”
If you don’t want to use the WebEx app, fear not. It’s still possible to join a meeting. Just follow these steps:
- Open the email invite to the WebEx meeting.
- Tap “Join Meeting.”
- You will be automatically directed to the WebEx app. However, you can instead choose to access the meeting via your browser.
- Select “Join” to access the meeting.
- Once you’re in the meeting, you can choose whether to show or hide your video. You can also decide if you wish to mute your audio.
- When you’ve adjusted your settings, tap “Join Meeting.”
How to Join a Meeting in WebEx on an Android Device
You can join a WebEx meeting through your Android by downloading the app for Androids. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Download WebEx for your Android device from the Google Play Store (or your chosen app store).
- Using your WebEx credentials, sign in to your account.
- Swipe left to access the “My Meetings” page.
- Tap the “Join” option next to your meeting.
- You will now need to enter the meeting number, personal room URL, or host’s username to access the meeting. You can find this information in an email sent to you regarding the meeting.
If you don’t want to download the app, it’s possible to join a WebEx meeting through your Android browser instead.
- From your email app, open the email invitation to join the WebEx meeting.
- Tap where it says “Join Meeting.”
- Choose the browser option.
- You will then be directed to WebEx in your browser.
- At this point, you’ll be asked to adjust your settings. Here, you can choose whether you want your video and audio switched on during the meeting.
- When you’re ready, tap “Join Meeting.”
How to Join a Meeting in WebEx on a PC
One way of accessing a WebEx meeting on your PC is to download the app. To do this, you need to head to the WebEx website and select “Download” in the upper right-hand corner. Once the download is complete, follow these steps to gain access to a meeting:
- Open the email invitation to the WebEx meeting and click “Join.”
- If you haven’t downloaded the app, WebEx will automatically prompt you to do so.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter your email address and other requested information.
- Before officially joining the meeting, you can control whether your video and audio are switched on. Either way, you will be able to see and hear everything going on in the meeting.
- When you’re happy with your settings, click on “Join Meeting.”
- You will automatically be taken to the meeting.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to download the app, it’s also possible to access WebEx directly from your web browser. To do this, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- In the email app, open your WebEx invitation and select “Join.”
- When the option to install the app pops up, click on “Join from Your Browser” instead. This will take you to the web browser version of WebEx.
- From here, you’ll be given the option of configuring your audio or video settings before joining the meeting officially.
- Once this is complete and you are ready, select “Join Meeting.”
How Do You Ask a Question on WebEx Without Switching on Video or Audio?
To ask a question without switching on your video and audio, you’ll need to access the Q&A panel. If this feature isn’t switched on, here’s how to do it:
From a Windows computer:
- In WebEx, head to “Meetings.”
- Next, choose “Options,” then “General.”
- Tick the box next to where it says “Q&A.”
On a Mac:
- From your WebEx app, select “WebEx Meetings.”
- Choose “Preferences.”
- Click on “Tools.”
- Check the box next to “Q&A.”
Once you’ve enabled this feature, you can ask questions in the meeting by selecting the Q&A panel. Here’s what you need to do:
- When clicking on the Q&A panel, choose an attendee to direct your question.
- In the message box that appears, type out your message (bear in mind that there is a 512-character limit).
- Once you’ve written out your message, you can choose whether you want your message to be sent publicly or privately.
Do I Need a WebEx Account to Join a Meeting?
No, a WebEx account isn’t necessary to join a meeting. However, users will need to have an email invitation to join. The email typically contains all the information required to join the meeting successfully.
How Many Participants Can Join a WebEx Meeting?
The number of participants that can join a WebEx meeting depends on the type of WebEx account the host uses, how participants decide to join, and how meetings are scheduled.
If the host has a free account, then a maximum of 25 participants can join the meeting. However, if they use a paid version of WebEx, such as WebEx Calling, up to 100 participants can attend. Additionally, if the host is using a paid Meetings account, they can host up to 200 people in a meeting.
Never Miss a Meeting
As more and more businesses and organizations embrace the need for virtual meetings, the use of reliable video conferencing apps has skyrocketed.
If you know a thing or two about online conferencing apps, then you’ll know that WebEx is among the most popular options out there. The app offers high-quality video and audio and is easily accessible from multiple devices, making it convenient for all users.
Have you tried joining a meeting in WebEx? If so, which device did you join from? How did you find the process? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.