How To Make Playlists in TikTok
TikTok has become a global sensation, launching the careers of many popular online personalities. The app is easy to use and attracts millions of content creators. It’s also introduced numerous features to help you organize your content, including the Creator Playlist feature. Thanks to this update, you can easily categorize your videos into playlists and grow your audience.
Keep reading to learn more about making playlists on TikTok across different devices.
Those who edit and upload videos on their iPhone can create a TikTok playlist following the below instructions:
- Tap the TikTok app from the home screen to launch it.
- If prompted, log into your account using your profile information.
- Select the profile icon in the lower right part of the interface.
- Click on the Videos tab and choose the “Sort videos into playlists” option if you’re making your first playlist. If you’ve used the feature before, press the plus icon beside the existing playlists.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to name the playlist and organize videos.
Note that the feature isn’t available to all TikTok users. The platform has enabled it only for selected creators. While the rules behind the selection process are unclear, likely, TikTok will soon implement the feature into all creator profiles.
You can add videos you’ve uploaded. However, adding videos from other creators to your playlists is impossible.
Also, consider your playlists’ theme since a single video can’t be added to multiple playlists.
TikTok works well on different devices, so you should have no difficulty adding videos to playlists on an Android smartphone. The process is relatively straightforward. Here’s what you need to do to organize your content:
- Select the TikTok icon from the home screen to open the app.
- Enter your account credentials to access your account if you see the login window.
- Go to the bottom of the app and click on the profile icon on the right of the screen.
- Hit the Videos tab and press the “Sort videos into playlists” option to create your first playlists. Those who have used the feature before should tap the small plus icon beside their other playlists.
- The on-screen instructions will help you name the playlist and add videos.
Although the Creator Playlist is a handy feature, not everyone on the platform can use it. The app has decided that only selected creators can test the feature. Unfortunately, TikTok hasn’t been transparent about the rules behind the selection process. But with more creators signing up each day, they may soon make it available for all creator accounts.
Another thing to remember about playlists is that you can’t add one video to multiple collections. Make sure each collection has a recognizable theme to make the content more accessible to your audience.
While you can’t edit or save content through the TikTok desktop program, some creators may be able to categorize their videos into playlists. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Launch the program from your desktop.
- Enter your account credentials into the login field if necessary.
- Navigate to the Right side of the app and press the profile icon on the right part of the screen then click View profile.
- Select the Videos tab and click on “Sort videos to playlists” to make your first playlist. If you’ve used the feature before, click on the small plus icon beside your other playlists.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Keep in mind that only selected creators can make playlists. If you can’t access it through your profile, it means TikTok still hasn’t enabled it on your account. Hopefully, as the platform grows, it will make the Creator Playlist accessible to all users.
Remember that a single video can be added to only one playlist. To better categorize your content, make sure each playlist has a recognizable theme.
iPad users can also make playlists for their short clips. Here’s what you need to do:
- Tap the TikTok icon to open the app.
- When prompted, type your login credentials to access your account.
- Head to the bottom of the app and tap the profile icon in the right corner of the interface.
- Press the Videos tab and choose “Sort videos to playlists” to make your first playlist. Press the small plus icon next to your other playlists if you’ve already tried the feature.
The on-screen instructions will help you finish the task.
If you can’t find this feature, TikTok hasn’t activated it on your profile. Currently, only selected users can make Creator Playlists.
Those who can access the feature should remember that one video can only be part of one playlist. So, ensure all the playlists’ videos follow the same theme.
TikTok users who can access the Creator Playlist feature may use it to organize their clips better and attract more viewers. Playlists are a handy video categorization tool, so the platform may soon decide to implement them into all registered accounts.
Have you used this feature before? If so, how many playlists have you made? Let us know in the comments section below.