How to Make a Sticky Note in Windows
The Sticky Note app is a convenient way to jot down notes on your Windows PC. With Sticky Notes, you won’t have to search for pen and paper when you need to write down an important piece of information. And unlike traditional paper Post-it Notes, you can’t lose or misplace them.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to make a Sticky Note in Windows and what you can do with them.
Creating a Sticky Note on a Windows PC
Windows 10 users have Sticky Notes built-in, so there’s no need to download the app. Just a few clicks and you can quickly take notes without cluttering up your desk with messy papers that can easily get lost. Here’s how you open the app.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Using the text box, type in “Sticky Notes” and hit the enter key.
- Tap on “Sticky Notes.”
- The app will launch and open with one blank note.
That’s all there is to it. With the app open, you can now type in anything you want and have a permanent, easy-to-find record.
How to Use the Sticky Notes App
Now that you know how to find and launch the app, you may be curious as to what you can do with it. Although upon first inspection it may appear to be a bare-bones application, it does have several clever functions. It can do more than just display typed words.
You’re not locked into only using plain text. With Sticky Notes, you’ll have a variety of different text formatting options. These can be found at the bottom of the Sticky Note. Simply highlight the text you want to format and then tap or click the formatting option. For those who prefer using keyboard shortcuts, here are some you can use.
- Bold: Control + B
- Italics: Control + I
- Underline: Control + U
- Strikethrough: Control + T
- Bulleted Text: Control + Shift + L
With Sticky Notes, you can also add images and photos in the same note that contains the text. This could be useful when you want to add notes to an image. Here’s how you do it.
- With a Sticky Note open, tap on the “Image” icon at the bottom of the Note.
- Navigate to where the photo you want to use is located.
- Select the image and hit the “Open” button to add it to the Note.
The image will now appear inside the Note. Unfortunately, you can’t change the size of the image within the Note itself. You can, however, make the entire Note larger by clicking and dragging the corner of the Note to increase its size. Doing so will make the image larger.
You can add multiple images to a Note by following the steps above. To view multiple images in a Note, double-click the image to reveal the one that’s behind it.
If you decide not to use an image or photo you’ve added to a Sticky Note, here’s how to delete it.
- Right-click on the image and select “Delete image.”
- Choose “Delete” to confirm.
Change Background Color
You’re not stuck with the default background color of your Sticky Note. You can easily change its color to better help you organize your thoughts. Using the different color options, you can set a background color for To-Do lists and a different one for random ideas. To do this, follow these steps.
- Click on the three dots icon in the upper-right corner of a Note.
- You’ll have a choice of seven different colors.
- Tap on the one you want to change the background color.
- The background of your Note will instantly change.
Sync Sticky Notes to a Cloud
If you’re a cloud user, you can sync your Sticky Notes. This feature comes in handy if you work on multiple devices that are connected to a cloud. By syncing your Notes, you’ll have access to them on all the devices synced to your cloud. If this interests you, here’s what you’ll need to do.
- Launch the Sticky Notes app and click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Tap the blue “Sign in” button.
- Select the account you want to sync to and hit the “Continue” button.
- Your Sticky Notes are now synced to the account you selected.
Stop Wasting Paper and Use Sticky Notes
Instead of searching for pen and paper the next time you have a genius idea, use the Sticky Notes app. These can’t be lost like their paper companions and you can sync them to your cloud account so you’ll have access to them on connected devices. The app allows for text formatting and also inserting multiple images. You can even change its background color to better help the cataloging of information.
Have you made a Sticky Note in Windows? Did you use the method we outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.