How To Make Text Appear in TikTok
TikTok is a world of entertainment filled with creative and diverse content where everyone can find something to their liking. Sometimes there doesn’t have to be a single word in the video for you to double-tap on it. But other times, a perfectly timed text sticker is what makes the video a favorite.
Perk up your TikToks with some carefully devised text. Keep reading to learn how to make text appear and disappear on TikTok.
How To Make Text Appear Then Disappear in TikTok
Sometimes a text sticker describes what’s happening throughout the entire video, so it should stay from the beginning to the end. Most times you’ll only need the text to appear for a specific scene, then disappear as your video transitions to another scene.
Luckily, there is an easy method of making the text stickers vanish. The first step is to add text to your video.
- Record your TikTok video or select a video from the gallery.
- Press the checkmark icon at the bottom right.
- Click the “Text” icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Type the text you want to add to your video.
- Customize your text by selecting the text style, alignment, and font if you’d like.
- Press “Done” in the upper-right corner.
A text box will now appear in the center of the screen. If you were to publish the video now, the text would stay there throughout the video. So, let’s make sure the text disappears on your command.
- Tap the text box.
- Select “Set duration” from the pop-up menu above the text box.
- Drag the slider to adjust when the text appears in the video. The text will be displayed in the area highlighted in red.
- Tap the checkmark icon at the bottom right.
- Once the text sticker appears in the correct portion of the video, long-press and drag it to the preferred position on the screen.
Basically, the text will disappear whenever it’s not covered by the red area. You can add as many text stickers as you’d like. Simply repeat the steps for each line and adjust the red zone accordingly. You can even have multiple text stickers appear and disappear simultaneously, with varying positions on the screen.
How To Make Text Appear at Different Times in TikTok
TikTok lists and ratings are some of the platform’s most-watched and discussed videos. To make everything work, it’s essential for the text describing each item to appear at different times. You’ll be happy to know you can achieve this effect in a relatively straightforward manner.
Once you’re satisfied with the video portion of your TikTok, tap the checkmark icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Now it’s time to pull it all together using text.
- Press the “Text” option at the bottom left.
- Type your desired text.
- Customize the text by highlighting it and changing the font or the color if you wish.
- Tap “Done” in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Drag the text box to the desired area of the screen.
- Click on the text sticker to display additional options.
- Select “Set duration.”
- Drag the slider to adjust the area where you want the text to appear. The area will be highlighted in red.
- Press the checkmark in the bottom-right corner.
The text will only appear in the area highlighted in red. Repeat these steps for every text sticker you’d like to add to your video, varying their duration and position on the screen.
How To Make Text Appear at a Certain Time in TikTok
A perfectly positioned text sticker is sometimes enough to make you burst out laughing at a TikTok video. A funny or descriptive text can significantly enhance a video and make it more engaging.
Timing is of the essence. Here’s how to make text appear at a certain time on TikTok.
- After filming your TikTok, go to the editing page.
- Tap the “Text” icon at the bottom left.
- Insert your desired text.
- Change the color, font, or style of the text to add customization if you’d like.
- Press anywhere else on the screen or hit “Done” at the upper right.
- Click on the text box that’s appeared on the screen.
- Select “Set duration.”
- Match the red highlighted area to the portion of the video where you’d like the text to appear.
- Tap the checkmark icon in the bottom-right corner.
While placing the text, you can also tap the “Play” button above the editing bar to make sure you like how it looks.
Once you’re happy with the text placement in the video, you can watch the finished product and adjust the text position on the screen. When the text sticker appears as instructed, simply press and hold it and then drag it to the desired position on the screen.
How To Make Text Appear as You Talk in TikTok
Storytimes are undoubtedly one of the most popular video formats on TikTok. They’re pretty engaging and are usually filled with twists and turns.
Transcribing your storytime TikTok is one of the ways you can make the video enjoyable to as many people as possible. The text will appear as you talk, so deaf or hard-of-hearing viewers can easily follow along.
Add Captions Using TikTok’s Built-In Feature
TikTok added an auto-caption feature as part of its commitment to fostering a more inclusive environment. This makes it easy to caption your videos and make them accessible to more people.
Once you’re satisfied with your TikTok video, tap the checkmark at the bottom right. You’ll be sent to the editing screen, where you can add final touches to your video. Among other things, you can add captions by following these steps.
- Tap the “Captions” button on the right side of your screen.
- Check if the auto-generated captions are correct.
- Hit “Save” in the upper-right corner.
If you’ve mumbled a bit in your video or there’s a lot of background noise, the captions may be slightly off. In that case, you can edit the captions to make them accurately reflect what you’re saying.
- While on the “Captions” screen, tap the pencil icon to the right of the “Captions” header.
- Adjust your captions.
- Tap “Save” to apply the changes.
- Press “Save” again to add the captions to your video.
This method is undoubtedly the most straightforward way to make text appear as you talk. It’s quick, easy to use, and available in the app itself.
The captioning feature currently only supports English. And you can’t customize the font, color, or size of the captions. If this is enough to put you off auto-captioning, you can always add the captions yourself.
Add Captions Manually
Manually transcribing your videos takes longer, but it’s well worth it. Besides being mindful of all viewers, you can also play around with the captions to truly make them pop.
You can make text appear in different positions on the screen, emphasize specific words, or make it move with the video for a dramatic effect.
- Press the “Text” icon (Aa) at the bottom left of the screen.
- Type your desired caption.
- Customize it to your liking.
- Hit “Done” in the upper-right corner.
- Adjust the position of the text sticker by dragging it across your screen.
Now it’s time to match the caption to the correct portion of the video.
- Tap the text sticker.
- Go to “Set duration” from the pop-up menu above it.
- Use the slider to match the text to your speech, highlighting the area in red.
- Hit the “Play” button above the editing bar to ensure it matches perfectly.
- Click on the checkmark icon at the bottom right.
Repeat these two sets of steps until you’ve captioned your entire video.
Get More TikTok Views
TikTok text stickers are an excellent feature that can significantly enhance your videos. Whether you use it to make your videos more entertaining or more widely accessible, adding text on TikTok is a great way to engage viewers. You can choose when the text appears and disappears and how it’s displayed, all in a few clicks.
Do you like adding text to your TikTok videos? What is your favorite way of using text stickers? Let us know in the comments section below.