How to Create a Board in Miro
The whiteboard platform Miro provides is a fun and creative way for teams to collaborate. Its interface allows users to perform a wide range of tasks that enable them to work together. Its live visualization capabilities let teachers create engaging online tutorials. Event organizers can turn to Miro when looking for ways to increase crowd participation. If you are new to the platform, this guide will help you learn how to harness this productivity tool. Check out how to create a board on Miro.
How to Create a Board on Miro on a PC
Miro enables users to visualize their ideas. Learning how to create an interactive board is key to making the most of the platform. Let’s take a look at how to create a board on Miro.
- Open Miro and select the team you’re working with from the left side of the dashboard.
- Tap the + New Board panel displayed on the dashboard.
- Select your preferred template in the Templates window that opens.
- You could also choose to work with the blank board by closing the Template window.
- Design your blank canvas using the default drawing tools supplied.
You have now created a new board on Miro.
How to Create a Board on Miro on an iPhone
Creating a board is one of the basics of using Miro. It provides a canvas on which you can add features like workshop layouts and interactive tutorials. This is how to create a board in Miro.
- Launch the Miro app and tap the + New Board panel displayed at the center of the screen.
- Click “Create a shared board” and select a template from the choices displayed.
- Alternatively, you can close the template window and use the blank canvas instead.
- Choose the size of the frame and use the drawing tools available to design your board.
Your new board has been created in Miro.
How to Create a Board on Miro on an Android Device
Creating a board in Miro is one of the first steps when using the platform. It’s a pretty straightforward process, as demonstrated by the steps below.
- Open the Miro app and click the + New Board button.
- Press “Create a shared board” and pick the template you would like to use.
- You could also start with a blank canvas by closing the Template window.
- Pick your preferred frame size and start designing your board using the tools provided.
You now have a board on Miro.
How to Create a Board on Miro on an iPad
Miro provides you with a canvas on which you can create visualization tools. To utilize the platform, you will first create a board as described here.
- Launch the Miro app and hit the blue + New Board panel.
- Click “Create a shared board” and choose the template you would like to use.
- If you prefer to start from scratch, you can close that window and work with a blank canvas.
- Select the frame size and design your board using the drawing tools available.
Your new Miro board is now ready for use.
How to Create a Mind Map on Miro
A mind map is a powerful tool on Miro that helps organize and visualize your process. It essentially allows you to brainstorm your ideas more effectively. Here’s how to create a mind map on Miro.
- Open the Miro app and navigate to the bottom.
- Click the hamburger menu in the left corner of the screen.
- Tap the + button to create the first node of the mind map.
- Continue with this process until your ideas are on the page.
- You can then add features like sticky notes and videos to enhance your board.
Your Miro mind map has now been created.
How to Add a Board to an Existing Template on Miro
One of Miro’s remarkable features is its infinite canvas. Unlike other platforms, the infinite canvas allows users to add templates to existing boards. That means that a team can build on a project instead of switching between canvases. Here’s how to add a template in Miro.
- Open your Miro board and navigate to the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Tap the Templates button and select the one you would like to use.
- Alternatively, you can add a blank canvas and use the drawing tools to modify the board.
You have now added a new board to an existing template on Miro.
Getting Started on Miro
Miro is a great collaborative tool that makes it fun to share ideas with colleagues. It also helps you map out your thoughts to make brainstorming more effective. If you are new to Miro, you might find the platform a little intimidating at first. This guide helps you navigate the process of creating a board and familiarizes you with the powerful platform.
Have you created a board on Miro? What method did you use? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.