How To Enable Dark Mode on a MIUI Device
If your battery charge is running low too fast or you’re suffering from eyestrain, it might be a good idea to enable Dark Mode on your Miui device. However, some users aren’t one hundred per cent sure how to do so.
Fortunately, it’s a relatively straightforward process. This article will explain how to activate the Miui Dark Mode on Xiaomi phones.
How to Enable the Miui Dark Mode on Your Xiaomi Smartphone
The Miui Dark Mode setting creates a background with black color and white letters. It disables the standard Light Mode to ensure the smartphone battery lasts longer. Additionally, enabling Dark Mode can minimize eye fatigue. Before you enable the Miui Dark Mode on your phone, however, make note of two things.
First, you can’t activate full Dark Mode from the settings app if you’re using an IPS screen. For instance, the only way to activate Miui Dark Mode on your Redmi 9A’s IPS screen is to get a third-party theme.
Secondly, all phones with an OLED screen have a Dark Mode theme by default. In short, any device using the Miui 11, 12, or 13 OS has a Dark Mode setting by default.
If you’re on Miui 11, follow these steps to enable the Dark Mode via the Settings:
- Locate the “Settings” App on the phone’s home screen. Tap its icon to access more details.
- Scroll down until you find the “Display “tab.
- Choose the “Dark Mode” setting in the window that appears.
- After that, move the slider to the “On” mode.
This is how you enable Dark Mode in Miui 12:
- Access the “Settings” menu.
- Select the “Display” tab.
- Tap the “Dark Mode” feature.
- Use your Xiaomi smartphone in Dark Mode.
The latest Miui 13 Dark Mode is easy to enable.
- Move to “Settings” on the Home screen.
- Scroll down until you find the “Display” icon and tap it.
- Different choices will crop up, including the default “Light Mode” with bright colors.
- Select “Dark Mode” to enable it.
After activating the Dark Mode, customize it using the Dark Mode Customization feature. You can do so via the Schedule Dark Mode setting:
- Sunset to Sunrise –This setting will automatically switch on the Dark Mode at sunset and off at sunrise.
- Custom –If you choose “Custom,” you can decide when to turn the Dark Mode on or off.
How to Enable Miui Dark Mode for Different Web Apps
Millions of people converge on social media apps like Instagram. In addition, most web users prefer to use their phones to access the most popular apps. If you have a Miui Xiaomi phone, you can enable its Dark Mode setting when visiting your favorite web app.
To enable dark mode for YouTube browsing, do the following:
- Open the app.
- Then, move to the top right corner of your screen and click on the account icon.
- Touch the “Settings – General” option.
- Click “Appearance.”
- Enable “Dark theme.”
- Finish and start watching YouTube videos in dark tones.
Instagram doesn’t allow you to create a dark design for comfortable viewing. Instead, you should turn on the phone’s Dark Mode setting.
- Touch the “Settings” icon on the home screen.
- Slide down and touch “Display”.
- Click on the “Dark Mode” option.
If you like using the Telegram app on your Xiaomi phone, you should activate a black design this way:
- Move to the top left corner and click the three bars icon.
- Click on “Settings” – “Chat Settings”.
- Go to the “Color Gamut” area and Choose “Dark”.
- Alternatively, choose a dull subtone if you don’t want the dark one, including blue and green.
If you want your phone screen to appear dark while using Google Chrome, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Google Chrome app and move to the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the triple dots to view “Settings”.
- Go to the Settings Menu and choose “Themes”.
- Locate the “Dark” box and check it.
If you want to use Facebook in Dark Mode, do the following:
- Launch Facebook on your Miui device.
- Touch the three horizontal lines on the top right edge of your screen.
- Scroll down to the “Menu.” From a drop-down menu, choose “Settings and Privacy.”
- Choose “Settings” under the “Settings and Privacy” menu.
- Then, touch “Dark Mode” on the “Preferences” menu.
- From here, touch “On” to activate the dark mode and “Off” to deactivate it.
- To make Dark Mode your default tone on Facebook, select “Use System Settings.”
To use your Miui Xiaomi phone in Dark Mode on WhatsApp, follow these steps:
- Access your WhatsApp account and head to “Settings.”
- Open “Chats.”
- Select “Theme.”
- Click on “Dark.”
- Enjoy using the dark mode on WhatsApp.
Third-Party Themes to Replace Your Stock Xiaomi Themes
If you dislike the stock themes in your Xiaomi device, you can customize the look with third-party options. Several third-party Miui themes exist, but you should select the most stylish. Go to the Xiaomi theme store and pick the catchiest items. Since you want to make your screen darker, the following 3 Miui themes might meet your needs:
Meeyo is a dark theme design by Krishan Kant. It has a user-friendly icon design and a sleek user interface. Meeyo organizes the system widgets beautifully and keeps your control panel tidy. It is ideal for Miui 12 and 12.5 versions.
The Plazma theme is perfect for your Miui 13 phones. You can select this theme if you dislike black home screens. The Plazma Miui theme has a deep blue and violet color. Also, the icons look stylish against the gorgeous background.
PixPie Dark Theme
Another option is the PixPie Dark Theme. It uses two original Android skins, which generate a unique appearance. PixPie Dark Theme can alter most system elements, including the wallpaper. You can apply it if you like a darker lock screen.
How can I turn off the Miui dark mode on my phone?
First, consider how you turned on the Miui Dark Mode. If you used the settings menu, move the slider to “Off”. On the other hand, uninstall a third-party theme to use your phone without the Dark Mode.
Does the Miui Dark Mode have problems?
The Miui Dark Mode has some issues that the Xiaomi software system department, Zhang Guoquan, promised to solve two years back. This night mode feature forces itself on apps that don’t need it. Additionally, switching on the Dark Mode means that you can’t use some apps in the light mode.
Apply the Miui Dark Mode on Your Xiaomi Phone
Miui Dark Mode is easy to apply. If your Miui OS is 11, 12, or 13, you can follow the simple guidelines in this article or activate the Dark Mode with various web apps for your Xiaomi phone. Likewise, get third-party dark themes if you don’t like the stock options.
Have you ever enabled Dark Mode on your Miui phone? Did you follow any of tips and tricks featured in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.