Can You Still Get V28 on an Oculus Quest 2?
Keeping your Oculus Quest 2 updated is essential to the VR experience and seamless gameplay. If you’re wondering how to update your Oculus Quest 2 to v28, we’re sorry to say that you’re out of luck. This version came out in 2021 and it can’t be rolled back.
However, updates have gotten much better than the v28. In this article, we’ll explain how to get to fully updated on your Oculus Quest 2 and fix any update issues you might be having.
Updating the Oculus Quest 2
As mentioned, v28 is a much older version of Oculus Quest 2. But there is a way to update your Oculus Quest 2 for the latest updates.
To manually check for updates on your Oculus Quest 2, follow these steps:
- Press the Oculus button on the right-hand controller while wearing your Quest 2 headset. This will bring up the universal menu. Make sure your Quest is charged and connected to your Wi-Fi
- You should find a clock in the bottom-left of the universal menu. Click this to give you access to the quick settings menu.
- Select the “settings” icon. This is the cog icon on the top right.
- After that select “system.”
- From the left-hand menu, select “Software Update.”
- You can then select and download the update that appears on your screen. The update, however, will be the latest one. Select the download update button to begin the process.
- Once the update begins downloading, set your headset and controllers aside on a flat surface.
But you may want to avoid manually updating and installing your software. You want updates conveniently and automatically. There’s a way to do that too!
How to Update Your Oculus Quest 2 Automatically
Some users seem to have updates right away while others are left without them. This is because the Oculus Quest 2 has the option to automatically update as Meta rolls out new software. Here are the steps to automatically updating your Quest 2:
- Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
- Tap “Menu.”
- Click “Devices.”
- Select the headset that you want to update.
- Navigate and tap “Advanced Settings.” Option.
- Select the “Update Software Automatically” toggle.
If the toggle is already on, that means the Quest 2 will automatically update. However, even after this, you might be running into issues with your Quest 2. Let’s go over some possible solutions.
How to Fix Updating Issues on My Quest 2
There are multiple reasons why your Quest 2 may have trouble updating. In most cases, there’s no cause for alarm. Here are a few possible solutions to this problem:
- Make sure your Oculus Quest 2 is connected to Wi-fi. Your internet connection should be strong and stable to facilitate any updates.
- Restarting your Quest 2 can often resolve update issues. To restart your device, hold down the power button for 10 seconds until the device turns off, then press the power button to turn it back on.
- Clear the cache by going to the settings menu and selecting the “Device” tab. Then click on “Storage.” From there, you can reach the “Clear Cache” option.
- Try searching for system updates on your Oculus Quest 2. You can find the “System Updates” option on the settings menu, in the “Device” tab.
- Enter safe mode by pushing the power button and volume down for about 10 seconds. From there, follow the screen instructions to update the software.
- This last step is a last resort. You can factory reset your Oculus Quest 2. This will erase all data and settings on the device, so be sure to back up any important data before proceeding with the reset. You can find the “Factory Reset” option in the “Device” tab in “Settings.”
If you’re are still having trouble at this point, we recommend contacting the Oculus Support Team for assistance. Together, you’ll be able to troubleshoot the issue and hopefully find the ideal solution.
What were the features of the v28 for Oculus Quest 2?
The Oculus v28 that came in 2021 had quite a few improvements from the older versions. Many of the features are still present. For example, it featured the Air Link option to play VR PC games wirelessly. There were also many general improvements in performance, customization, hand tracking, and app sharing.
What is the latest version of the Oculus Quest 2?
The latest version of the Oculus Quest 2 is the v49 update. It came out at the end of January 2023. Some features include an updated family center, a new “Do not Disturb mode” that silences unimportant notifications, and updates of certain environments.
Can I go back to other older versions of the Oculus Quest2?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to go back to old versions of the Oculus Quest 2, at least any way that Meta endorses.
Update for the Ideal VR Experience
While you may not be able to go back to v28, the newest version of Oculus Quest 2 still has many of the cornerstone features of the v28. For example, the game still has the air link, one of the biggest changes in the older version. It’s a great way to play PC VR games wirelessly.
What do you think about the latest updates of the Oculus Quest 2? How do they compare to some of the older versions such as the v28? Let us know in the comments section below.