How to Pin a Comment on YouTube
You can find millions of comments on popular YouTube videos. If you have a YouTube channel and you post videos on the regular, you have the option to pin someone’s comment on your video. Once you pin a comment, it will be placed at the top of the comments section for everyone to see. Not only that, but you will be the only one with the power to unpin the comment, restoring it to its original place.
In this article, we’ll show you how to pin a comment on a YouTube video. In addition, we’ll go through the process of pinning a comment on YouTube live chat.
How to Pin a Comment on YouTube from a PC
There are a few rules when it comes to pinning comments on YouTube. First, you can only pin comments on your own YouTube videos. With that in mind, no one else is allowed to pin or unpin comments on your videos. However, they are allowed to react to it in different ways. You’re also allowed to pin as many comments as you want.
For YouTubers, this feature is especially important. They can use it to pin their own comments where they can advertise their content or merchandise, provide another video as a suggestion, or add links to important social media platforms. In fact, pinning your own comments on YouTube is considered a great marketing strategy, as they’re sure to capture everyone’s attention.
To pin a comment on a YouTube video, this is what you need to do:
- Go to YouTube and sign into your account.
- Head over to your channel and open one of your videos.
- Scroll down to your comments section and find the comment that you want to pin. If you want to pin your own comment, write it in the box below.
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the comment.
- Select “Pin” from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the “Pin” button on the dialog window.
The comment will be immediately pinned to the top of the comments section. Once the comment is pinned, your followers and other YouTube users will be able to see “Pinned by” between the username of the person’s comment and your username. If you change your mind, this is how you can unpin it:
- Select the three dots next to their username.
- Choose “Unpin” from the menu.
If you decide to unpin a comment, it will go back to its original place. If you do this, the person whose comment you pinned won’t be notified.
How to Pin a Comment on YouTube from an iPhone
If you want to pin a comment on the YouTube mobile app, here’s how you would do it on an iPhone:
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Sign into your account if you haven’t already.
- Tap on your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Select the “Your Channel” option from the menu.
- Open one of your videos and tap on the “Comments” tab under the video.
- Find a comment that you want to pin.
- Tap on the three dots next to the comment.
- Select “Pin.”
- Confirm that you want to pin that comment.
That’s all there is to it. You can pin as many comments as you want, but it’s best to stick to one or two, or it will be too much for your followers to read.
How to Pin a Comment on YouTube from an Android
To pin a comment on a YouTube video on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Launch the app on your Android.
- Sign into your account.
- Navigate to your profile picture in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Choose “Your Channel” from the list of options.
- Find a video that has the comment you want to pin.
- Tap on the “Comments” tab under the video.
- Locate the comment. If you want to pin your own comment, then write and post it first.
- Tap on the three dots on the right side of the comment.
- Choose “Pin.”
- Confirm that you want to pin the comment.
That’s it. You’ve successfully pinned a comment on your YouTube video.
How to Pin a Comment on YouTube Live Chat
Another option you have is to pin a comment in YouTube live chats. Just like with regular YouTube videos, only the video creator, or in this case, the live stream host, has the option to pin and unpin comments. Viewers aren’t allowed to pin comments on your live streams, and neither are moderators.
However, as opposed to regular YouTube videos, you can only pin one comment at a time in YouTube live chats. You can unpin a comment manually or just pin another comment, and the older one will go back to its original place.
Live chats are even more hectic than regular comments sections below YouTube videos. Every comment you make will disappear in a matter of seconds. This, of course, depends on the number of viewers you have. For videos that have thousands, even hundreds of thousands of views, this feature can be extremely handy.
To pin a comment on a YouTube live chat, follow the steps below:
- Go to YouTube and log into your account.
- Click on the camera icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Choose “Go Live” on the drop-down menu.
- When you see a comment that you would like to pin in the Live Chat, click on the three dots next to it.
- Select “Pin.”
The message will be pinned at the top of the live chat, right below a Super Chat comment. To unpin a comment in the live chat, just click on the three dots again and select “Unpin,” or just pin another comment.
Pin All Your Favorite YouTube Comments
The more popular your YouTube channel gets, the more comments each of your videos will have. That’s why the pin feature is so useful – you can use it to pin any comment you like. Whether you want to pin somebody else’s comment or your own, it will only take you a couple of seconds. The only difficult part about pinning a comment is finding the right one.
Have you ever pinned a comment on a YouTube video before? What comment did you pin and why? Let us know in the comments section below.