How to Record or Change a Voicemail Greeting for an Android Device
While Android is undeniably a simple operating system to use, many smartphone owners are perplexed about recording their voicemails to greet friends and family when they are unavailable. Users need not worry since they can easily record and change voicemail greetings on their Android cellphones. Making this change helps you greet people and ensures a positive impression for your caller.
Here’s all you need to know about setting up and changing voicemail on Android cellphones.
How to Record or Change Voicemail on Android
We understand that you can’t always or don’t always want to receive phone calls as soon as they come in. You could be in the midst of something essential. Or your phone could be in a location where you can’t get around to picking it up immediately.
Whichever reason you have, you must be able to tell those who phone you how to contact you, or at the very least how to get their word to you. This tutorial will teach you how to record and change your voicemail greeting on your Android phone. Follow along with the steps:
- Dial the number that has been given to your voicemail account.
- Enter your password for your voicemail account via the dial pad. This option applies only to those who have already set a password on their voicemail account.
- Tap key “4” to take you to your voicemail settings.
- Click the number on your dialing pad to take you to greeting options and your name.
- Hit the dial key, followed by the number “1,” to begin altering or setting your voicemail.
- You will be presented with two choices: a basic greeting or a customized one.
Depending on your mobile service, the precise options and the numbers you’ll have to press will differ. However, the steps should be the same for all telephone carriers.
After choosing between basic and customized greetings, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app on your Android device.
- Hold down “1” to reach your voicemail.
- Enter the PIN and hit “#.”
- To access the menu, press “*.”
- To modify your welcome, press “1.”
If you choose the standard recording, you will be given several options. For instance, you can leave your greeting containing your number by pressing “2” or a greeting containing your name by pressing “1.”
- If you’ve decided on a customized recording, follow the steps for the Basic Greeting listed above. Then wait for the prompting sound to start playing.
- Think of a greeting and start saying it into your microphone on your device.
- Stop recording by pressing the key that represents the stop record button, like the “#” key.
- After this, you will be presented with a few options, like checking if your recording is good.
You may listen to it to check if it is appropriate. You can re-record it if it is not up to your liking. Do this by going back to the previous steps. And if you like how you recorded your greeting, you can press the confirm key. The final step is to hang up press the “End Call” option, the key with the red phone logo.
Greet Your Friends and Family
Whether you are trying to change, record, or delete your voicemail recording, it can be done very easily, with little time taken away from your day. You can add your personal touch to your greetings with many different apps, not just your standard voicemail settings. This way, your callers can feel engaged and less ignored.
How often do you change your voicemail greeting? Let us know in the comment section below!