How to Turn Off Safe Chat in Roblox
Roblox provides a platform for players to enjoy different worlds and various games made by other users. The developers intended the games for teenagers. However, many younger players also enjoy playing Roblox games. Some video games contain explicit content and toxic or abusive players. For this reason, protecting younger gamers is essential, and Roblox’s solution was to implement the “Safe Chat” option.
The safe option will be enabled or disabled, depending on your age which is set when you create an account. Users under 13 get the option automatically enabled, while those over 13 years have it disabled. Your age can be found next to your username; it’s <13 or 13+.
Read on to learn how to turn off the “Safe Chat” feature if you’re not 13 years old anymore and the chat restriction hasn’t been removed.
Disabling Safe Chat Feature in Roblox
If you don’t need Roblox to filter abusive language in chat for your account, you can turn off this setting in a few ways. Note that when you want to verify your age on Roblox, you must submit your ID (driver’s license, ID card, or passport) and take a selfie.
Turning off Safe Chat With Parents Email
The first and more commonly used way to remove this feature is to use your parent’s email address and update it. This is how you can go on about it:
- Go to the Roblox home page.
- Make an account if you don’t have one by clicking “Sign in.” If you already have an account, log in.
- Go to the option “Accounts Info.”
- Tap “Update Parent’s Email Address.”
- Type in your parent’s email address.
- Click on the “Update” option.
Turning off Safe Chat by Contacting Roblox Support
If, for some reason, your chat restriction hadn’t turned off automatically when you reached a certain age, you can disable it manually from your Roblox account. All you need to do is send a ticket to the Roblox team and wait for the fix.
- Log in to Roblox.
- Click on the settings icon in the right corner of your screen.
- Select the “Help” option.
- Under “Promoted articles,” find the option “Contact us.”
- Select the hyperlink for the “Support form.”
- Type your personal information (Username, first name, email) in the form under “Contact Information.”
- Under “Issue Details,” input the information on which device you’re having problems with, type of help category, and describe the issue.
- In the section “Type of help category,” click on the option “Chat & Age Settings.”
- Choose the option “Adjust Child Privacy & Security Settings.”
- Click on “Submit.”
The chat restriction option can’t be changed from the “Settings” even if a player is over 13. This option is locked and changes automatically based on whether you’re younger or older than 13.
Blocking a Player on Roblox
Since you can see everything in chat after you lift the chat restriction and turn off the “Safe Chat” option, you may encounter toxic and abusive players. If you don’t want to see what they are typing in chat, blocking them is the way to go. You can block players on different devices using different methods. This is how you can block another player:
- Open Roblox on your mobile phone or Roblox website with a browser.
- Go to the profile of a player you want to block.
- Click on three horizontal dots.
- Tap “Block User.”
Another way of blocking someone on Roblox is by accessing the “in-Experience” section.
- Open the players list or leaderboard by clicking on the three horizontal dots or pressing the “Tab” button on your keyboard.
- Select the “friends” .
- Tap on the “Block” option.
The third way you can go on about blocking someone for offensive language or abuse is from the settings tab while in the game.
- Click on the “Friends” section.
- Tap “Block”.
Reporting a Player on Roblox
Some players ruin everyone’s experience with bad behavior in the game. Simply reporting a player from their profile won’t do the trick. You need to report the particular chat where one user was seen abusing others outside the rules Roblox has set using the “Report Abuse” option.
- Open the Roblox menu.
- Go to the “Friends” section.
- Click on the player you want to report and open the “Report” tab.
- Input the type of abuse.
- Describe the issue in detail in the description box. .
- Tap the “Report Abuse” option.
Stay Safe in Roblox
Since Roblox attracts younger players, the “Safe Chat” option is crucial for protecting them from harmful, abusive, and toxic language and experiences. Roblox automatically enables this feature when creating an account for someone under 13. For those who are older, the chat restriction is lifted instantly. Furthermore, you can’t change this setting but can adjust who can communicate with you. When encountering a toxic player, blocking or reporting them is a good solution.
How often do you encounter abusive players in Roblox? How toxic-free is the chat in Roblox with the “Safe Chat” option enabled? Let us know in the comments section below.