How To Schedule a Meeting in Calendly
Calendly enables users to schedule meetings quickly and efficiently. Since it integrates with numerous other applications and services, Calendly is easy to use, saves time, and helps you streamline your work processes.
If you’re interested in learning how to schedule a meeting in Calendly, you’ve come to the right place. This article will introduce you to Calendly and provide detailed, step-by-step instructions on scheduling individual and group meetings.
How to Schedule a Meeting Using Calendly
With Calendly, scheduling meetings is a breeze. You can choose whether you want to schedule a meeting at a specific time or allow the participant to select the time that suits them best.
Follow these instructions to schedule a meeting in Calendly.
- Open your browser and go to Calendly’s website.
- If you don’t have an account, create one by pressing “Get Started.” If you have an account, press “Log in.”
- While on the “Home” page, select “Create.”
- Choose “Event type” if you want to create a new template for your regular events or “One-off meeting” if it’s a one-time meeting.
- Select the duration.
- Set the meeting’s start time by selecting a field in the table. Ensure you’ve properly scheduled it by double-checking the time and date. If you want to allow the participant to choose the date and time that works best for them, select multiple fields, depending on your availability.
- Press “Next.” Here, you can customize the meeting’s name and location and add an agenda.
- Press “Copy link” to copy the meeting’s link and share.
Schedule a Meeting in Calendly by Editing a Template
When you create an account, you’ll see that Calendly created default events on your home page. If these don’t work for you, you can edit them quickly to make them work better for your needs. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to Calendly’s home page.
- Find an event and press the gear icon.
- Choose “Edit.”
- Edit the meeting’s name, location, description, link, etc.
- Press “Save & Close.”
- Return to “Home” and press “Copy link.”
How to Schedule a Group Meeting in Calendly
If you want to have a meeting with multiple people at once, you’ll be happy to know Calendly makes this very easy. Here’s what you need to do.
- Launch your browser and open Calendly’s website.
- Choose “Create” in the top-right corner.
- If you want to schedule a template for regular group meetings, press “Event type.” If it’s not a regular meeting, select “One-off meeting.”
- In the menu, choose the time zone and the meeting’s duration.
- Select the month at the top and choose the date for the meeting.
- Click in the desired field to select the meeting’s time. If you want to leave multiple slots open for your participants, choose several fields.
- Choose “Next” and enter the meeting’s name. If you want, you can add the location and the meeting’s details.
- Press “Publish meeting.” Calendly will now show the meeting’s link. Send it to the people you wish to invite.
Schedule a Group Meeting in Calendly by Editing a Template
Calendly offers built-in templates for scheduling meetings. You can tailor these templates to match your preferences. Here’s how to do it.
- Open your browser and go to Calendly’s home page.
- Choose a template and select the gear icon to access settings.
- Press “Edit.”
- Customize the meeting’s name, location, link, description, etc. You can also add an agenda, instructions, or any other information the participants should be aware of.
- When you’re done, choose “Save & Close.”
- Go back to “Home” and select “Copy link” and forward the link to the people you want to invite.
Is Calendly free?
Calendly offers five pricing plans: Basic, Essentials, Professional, Teams, and Enterprise, and only the first one is free. Essentials costs $8 per month, Professional $12, and Teams $16. If you want the Enterprise plan, you’ll need to contact Calendly for more information.
These plans differ in available features. While all the plans allow you to schedule an unlimited number of one-on-one meetings, keep in mind that creating group events isn’t available with the Basic plan.
Why are my time slots in Calendly unavailable?
There are numerous reasons for this. You can determine the cause by interpreting the label. Here are the most common ones.
· PAST – The time slot is unavailable because it’s in the past and can’t be booked.
· GROUP – The time slot is unavailable because the group event has reached the maximum number of members.
· EVENT – Someone has already scheduled the same event type during that time.
· CALENDAR – You or one of your team members already have a meeting scheduled at that time.
· DURATION – The event lasts longer than the time you’re available.
Organize Your Workdays
There’s nothing more frustrating than double-booking meetings or forgetting to attend them. With Calendly, it isn’t an issue. This easy-to-use service allows you to schedule meetings in a few clicks and manage your time more efficiently.
Have you used similar services before? Which Calendly feature do you like best? Tell us in the comments section below.