How To Send Money with the Cash App
Not having enough cash on you to pay someone back can be quite embarrassing and awkward. Luckily, Cash App has got your back. Thanks to this app, sending money on the go has never been easier.
If you are unsure how to use this handy app, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to learn how to send money via Cash App.
Sending Money with the Cash App
Whenever you need to pitch in some cash during a night on the town, your Cash App is at the ready. This practical app is available both for iPhone and Android users. Using the app, sending money is almost as easy as pulling out your wallet.
To send money via Cash App, do the following:
- Tap the “$” sign at the bottom of the screen and enter the amount of money you want to send.
- Press the “Pay” button in the bottom-right corner.
- Type the recipient’s $Cashtag, email address, or phone number in the “To” field.
- Under “For,” write what the payment is for.
- Click the “Pay” button in the top-right corner of your screen. Confirm the action by entering your PIN.
Sending Money to Your Bank Account
You can send the money you’ve received via Cash App directly to your bank account, effectively depositing money. First, ensure you have a bank account or debit card linked to your Cash App. Afterward, head for the “Balance” tab to quickly transfer the money.
The “Balance” tab will resemble a little house icon when there’s no money in your account. Alternatively, a number will be written in the bottom-left corner, denoting your current balance.
- Tap the “Balance” tab.
- In the “My Cash” menu, hit the “Cash Out” button.
- Use the slider to select the amount of money you want to transfer to your bank account.
From there, you’ll see two buttons at the bottom of your screen:
- “Standard,” with a day written in brackets
- “Instant,” with a fee amount to the right
If you press the “Standard” button, your bank account will receive the money on the designated day and avoid paying a fee.
But, if you’re in a hurry and need the money transferred immediately, select the “Instant” button. However, this beneficial feature comes with a fee, which will be taken from the amount you’ve chosen to send to the bank.
To finalize the transfer, do the following:
- Tap the green “Done” button at the bottom of your screen.
- When prompted, enter your cash PIN.
Cash App How to Send Money to Yourself
Cash App is one of the quickest and most straightforward ways to pay your friends. For that reason, you should make sure you have enough money in the Cash App account before going out or doing something fun. If you haven’t received any transfers recently, don’t worry. You can simply send money to yourself from your bank account.
If there’s no money in your Cash App account, your “Balance” tab in the bottom-right corner of the app will resemble a house icon. When there’s money in the account, the amount will be displayed instead.
To add money to your Cash App balance, do the following:
- Tap the “Balance” tab.
- Press the “Add Cash” button.
- Type in the desired amount.
- Hit “Add.” When prompted, enter your PIN or use Touch ID.
The money will be transferred from your bank account or debit card, so make sure you’ve connected them to your Cash App.
If you happen to have two Cash App accounts, you can easily transfer money to yourself as you would to anyone else.
- Launch the Cash App associated with the account you want to send money from. Tap the “$” sign at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the desired amount.
- Click “Pay” at the bottom right.
- Next to “To,” type your $Cashtag, email address, or phone number associated with the second Cash App account.
- Under “For,” write the payment’s purpose.
- Press the “Pay” button at the top right. Confirm the action by entering your PIN.
One Cash App account can be associated with multiple phone numbers and email addresses. However, the reverse can’t apply: only one phone number or email address can be linked to only one Cash App account. So, to have two Cash App accounts, you need two phone numbers and email addresses.
How to Send Money Back to Someone Who Sent You Money
On Cash App, sending money back is just as simple as sending a regular payment. This process will take no more than a few minutes of your time.
If you’ve received money by mistake or changed your mind about a payment, here’s how to refund it:
- Tap the “Activity” tab (a clock icon) in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Select the payment you want to refund.
- Press the three-dot icon in the top-right corner. Choose the “Refund” option.
- Click “OK” to confirm the action.
Money Transfer Made Easy
Apps like Cash App have revolutionized transferring money by making it extremely quick and convenient. It doesn’t matter if you’re sending money to a friend, the bank, yourself, or refunding a payment, a few taps are all you need.
How often do you use Cash App? Have you had any trouble sending money? Let us know in the comment sections below.