How to download videos on Instagram
In the days of yore, Instagram was famed for its aspirational images – usually in keeping with pious trends such as #cleaneating, or a particularly smug #outofoffice. But since the death of Vine (RIP) and the onslaught of political turmoil that the last couple of years have brought, Instagram has quickly become a place of respite where users can watch funny videos and endearing animal clips.
We show you how to download these videos to your device so you can view them at your leisure, sans wifi.
Disclaimer: other people’s videos on instagram are often copyrighted, so to share their content you’ll need their permission as a prerequisite.
How to download an Instagram video on iPhone
- Download Regrammer for free from the App Store.
- Tap the three dots on the top right-hand side of video you want to download and select Copy Link.
- Launch Regrammer and paste the link you copied into the box.
- Tap Preview, then Share and finally Save Image, to save the video to your Camera Roll.
How to download an Instagram video on Android
- Download Video Downloader for Instagram from Google Play.
- Find the video you want to save on Instagram. Tap the three dots on the top right-hand side of the corner and select Copy Share URL.
- Open Video Downloader for Instagram, and tap the option Paste share URL here.
- Tap Paste, and you’ll receive a confirmation message that your video has been saved.