How to Add a Post Malone Song to a TikTok Video
Singer/songwriter Post Malone has earned the love of many music fans around the world thanks to his catchy lyrics and distinctive voice. Over the years, he has released major hits that have made him one of the most famous artists of this age. It’s no secret that his music has also had a huge impact in the TikTok arena – it’s not uncommon to see many creators on the platform try to recreate his songs.
But how exactly does one make Post Malone songs on TikTok? This article will cover the entire process from start to finish. So, keep reading to find out more.
Using a Post Malone Song
TikTok makes it so easy to make Post Malone’s songs because they already have most of his songs on the platform. The first step to making these songs on the app is ensuring you have an account on the platform. This step is important because TikTok doesn’t allow you to create, like, or comment on videos unless you have a registered account.
So, if you haven’t already, create an account using your phone number, email address, or even other online accounts such as Facebook and Google. If you want to maintain a low profile on the social media platform, we recommend creating an account using your email address.
Once you have created an account and it is up and running, follow the steps below to make a Post Malone song:
- On your device, open the TikTok app.
- Click the plus button at the bottom of the screen. This should reveal a recording screen that allows you to shoot a video.
- Go to the top corner of the screen and click on “Add sound.”
- On the next screen, tap the search bar and type in Post Malone’s song that you want to incorporate into your TikTok video.
- Select the song from the results and click the checkmark icon to import it into your recording screen.
- Press the red button to start recording your video.
- Once you’re done with the recording, you can use the elements on the right side of the screen to edit the video you’ve just recorded. These include adding your favorite effect and filter, cutting out the parts you don’t want in the video, and adding effects to the audio.
- Once you have finished editing the video, click “Next” to move to the next step.
- On the next screen, you can add a description to your video, determine who can see it, mention people, and even share it to other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
Unfortunately, you can’t directly shoot a TikTok video with your computer. You’ll have to record the video separately before uploading it to your TikTok account.
Also, note that TikTok only allows you to record videos that are less than 30 seconds. If you want to make a video that’s longer than that, you’ll have to do it manually outside the platform.
With the above steps, you can use another artist’s songs on the platform to make a video as well. For example, if you want to make an Ariana Grande song, you can simply follow the above steps – substituting Grande for Malone – and still achieve the same results.
You can choose the type of video that will accompany the Post Malone song. For example, you can lip-sync to the lyrics of the video or shoot a random video of yourself doing random activities. The platform also has challenges that you can take part in.
Once you have the video on the platform, you will receive notifications on how it is performing, including the likes and the comments it’s getting. To see how many views the video is getting, follow the steps below:
- Go to TikTok and tap on the “Profile” option in the bottom right of the screen.
- On the next screen, you should see an overview of your profile details and the videos you uploaded to the platform.
- The number of views that the video is indicated on the video.
- Tap the video to see how many likes, comments, and shares it’s getting.
Why does TikTok limit most of Post Malone’s songs to 30 seconds?
TikTok and other video-sharing companies have to negotiate usage rights of copyrighted materials to allow the platform users to use the music. This is because artists and copyright holders get to determine how and where the material will be used. Most of these artists and copyright holders have allowed the platform to use up to 30 seconds of their songs. If this policy is violated, the platform might face copyright lawsuits for violating the usage terms of the materials.
Can I share a TikTok video that features a Post Malone song on YouTube?
Yes, you can share a TikTok video that features Post Malone’s songs on your YouTube account. Even better, you won’t be bombarded with any copyright strikes if you do so. Recently, YouTube negotiated with various artists and copyright holders to extend the playtime of copyrighted materials to 60 seconds. This is a significant increase from the initial limit of just 15 seconds. However, note that this rule is only applicable to YouTube Shorts. This is good news because it lets TikTok creators conveniently share their videos on YouTube Shorts without facing any copyright violations. Just make sure you don’t post the video in the form of long-form content.
Which Post Malone songs are available on TikTok?
Fortunately, many of Post Malone’s songs are now available on TikTok for free. This includes one of his latest hits, “Twelve Carat Toothache,” as well as other fan favorites such as “Wow.”
Dazzle Your TikTok Profile With Post Malone Songs
As you can see, making Post Malone songs on TikTok is pretty much straightforward. And even better, you can use another artist’s song using the same steps. The only limitation is that you can’t make videos longer than 30 seconds. That’s not a deal breaker for many creators evidently because many videos on the platform are within or below this time range. So, grab your smartphone, start making those TikTok videos, and let your followers know how much you love Post Malone.
Have you tried making Post Malone’s song on TikTok? Which song did you pick, and what was your engagement like with the video? Please share your experience with us in the comments section below.