How To Unarchive a List in Trello
With many team members working remotely, Trello helps companies streamline their workflow. Its archiving features help you remove lists and cards so that the virtual workspace doesn’t become cluttered. However, there are times when you need to retrieve that data quickly, regardless of the device you’re using. Fortunately, there are ways to unarchive lists and cards in Trello and regain access to valuable information.
Keep reading to learn more.
If you prefer using the Trello website on your PC, you might be wondering how to return an archived list to its original board. The action is reversible, and retrieving the list is relatively straightforward. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Trello web page and sign in with your credentials.
- To find the archived list, go to its original board and press the “Show Menu” option in the upper-right part of the board.
- Click on “More” and head to “Archived Items.”
- Select “Switch to lists.” Trello will display all lists you’ve archived from that board.
- Scroll down the results until you see the list you wish to restore.
- Click on the list to return it to its original place.
There’s no time limit on how long Trello keeps archived items. You can remove items from boards without worrying about losing valuable info. When you need to access certain data, the above method will quickly help you find archived lists.
It’s also possible to restore cards you’ve removed from boards.
- Visit the web version of Trello and sign in with your credentials.
- Navigate to the board where you created the card and select “Show Menu” in the upper-right corner of the board.
- Tap the “More” option and go to “Archived Items.”
- Trello will generate a list of all cards you’ve archived from that board.
- Scroll down the list and tap the card you wish to retrieve.
Unlike deleting items, archiving a card keeps it in the “Archived” section and preserves its information. Even though you’ve removed a card from the board, returning it to its original position only takes a few clicks.
Trello has also developed a relatively user-friendly mobile app, so iPhone users can boost their productivity by decluttering boards and archiving lists. When you want to view and unarchive the lists, you can do so from the Trello mobile app. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Trello app from your home screen and log in with your account information. If the app isn’t on the home screen, go through your device’s app drawers.
- Navigate to the board where you made the archived list.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the top-right of the screen to bring up the “More” menu.
- Select the “Archived lists” option. The app will display every list you’ve removed from that board.
- Go through the results and press the list you want to retrieve to select it.
- Choose the “Send to board” option.
When you return to the board, the list reappears in its original place.
If you keep all your apps on your Android device, you can use the Trello mobile app to keep track of important tasks and streamline information by archiving lists. When you need to recover a list, the following steps will help you do so:
- Go to your home screen and open the Trello mobile app. If you can’t find it on the home screen, check one of your smartphone’s app drawers or use the search bar.
- Open the board where you created the list.
- Tap the three horizontal dots in the upper-right of the interface to view the “More” menu.
- Click on the “Archived lists” option. This action will generate all the lists you’ve achieved from the board.
- Scroll through the results until you find the list you want to restore. Tap the list then “Send to Board” to unarchive it.
Return to the board to check whether you’ve retrieved the list successfully.
Note that there’s no time limit on how long Trello stores archived items. This means you can unarchive lists at any time without losing the data.
If you’re away from your computer but need to access an archived list, don’t panic. Here’s how you can unarchive a list in Trello on your iPad:
- Navigate to the home screen and launch the Trello app. If you can’t spot it, it might be in one of the app drawers.
- Tap the board where you created the archived list.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the top-right of the screen to open the “More” menu.
- Tap “Archived lists” to see all the lists you’ve removed from the board.
- Go through the results and press the list you want to unarchive.
Trello will move the list back to its original place on the board.
Keeping track of cards and lists in Trello shouldn’t be complicated. These items contain valuable info, so users need easy access to them. You can unarchive lists and cards on your PC, but Trello is also available as a user-friendly Google or iOS app. Unarchiving lists in the app only takes a few clicks.
Have you retrieved lists in Trello before? If so, which device did you use? Let us know in the comments section below.