How to Add a Header in Weebly
Headers are integral parts of almost every webpage. They can help with SEO and make site navigation much simpler. And, with Weebly’s fantastic website builder, adding headers is as easy as A, B, C.
Almost all Weebly page templates come with headers automatically built-in. Therefore, it’s really simple to add and edit them, even without much technical site-building experience or technical skill. But new users might not know exactly how the process works. Let’s take a look at everything you need to know.
Weebly is famed for its simplicity, and this extends to headers. Adding, removing, and editing headers on Weebly pages is super straightforward.
The first option you can add is an overall site header, which is your site’s main name or title, featuring across all of the posts and pages. Here’s how to do it:
- Log into Weebly and select the project you want to edit.
- If you’re starting from scratch, select “New” and use one of Weebly’s many templates from the myriad of available categories. Alternatively, if you’ve already got an ongoing website project with Weebly, find it on the dashboard and click “Edit Site” to make changes.
- If the template supports a header by default, it will say “My Site.”
- Click on your header to delete the “My Site” text and add your own.
- You can also click on the header and then select the “Logo” button if you prefer to upload a visual logo instead of plain text to serve as your site’s header.
So, we have covered site headers, but how about page headers? Naturally, Weebly also allows for users to add and adjust unique headers for every page or category. This can be useful for distinguishing between different page types, like an “About” page and a “Blog” page.
Here’s how to make this happen:
- If you want to add headers to pre-existing pages, open up your site in the Weebly editor and click on “Pages” in the top menu.
- On the left side, you’ll see a list of all the pages that make up your website. Click on one you’d like to add a header to. Or, if you want to add a header to a new page, you’ll first need to tap the “+” icon in the “Pages” menu. This will generate a new page, and you can then click on that page to start making changes or adding a header.
- Again, in the left-hand menu, find the “Header Type” section. Just below it, you’ll see a drop-down box, where you can select “Header” to add a header to the page.
- Click on the header textbox and enter your own page title or change it to an image.
On some pages, the “Header Type” menu will already be set to “Header” by default, so you won’t need to do any manual adding. Just click on your header box and start entering text or editing it as you see fit.
As well as being able to add headers with a couple of clicks, Weebly also makes it possible to take them away. Here’s how to remove individual headers from your various webpages.
- Open up the Weebly editor and click on “Pages”.
- Click on the name of the page you want to remove a header from.
- Once again, in the left menu, find the drop-down box labeled “Header Type”. Select the “No Header” option.
This should make the header instantly vanish from your page layout.
Weebly also provides a myriad of ways to edit your headers, adjusting styles, layouts, colors, fonts, and more. Here’s a brief look at how to make changes to Weebly headers:
- Click around the outer area of the header (not directly on the text) if you’d like to change its look entirely. A new menu will appear with the options “Edit Background” and “Replace Header Layout.”
- Try the “Edit Background” setting to alter the background image or color.
- Or, select “Replace Header Layout” if you prefer to replace the header with a brand new one. This allows you to select from Weebly’s header templates, with different text styles and positions. Hit “Save” when you’ve decided on a header style you enjoy.
- If you only want to edit the header text, just click on it. You can type in whatever text you like, and use the handy toolbar to make adjustments. This allows you to add bold or italic effects, insert links, and make your header text bigger or smaller.
- It’s also possible to click on other elements of your header section, like the sub-text or any buttons that may be present, depending on the layout you’re using. Once again, you’ll be able to adjust the text’s color, size, and positioning.
What header types are available with Weebly?
By default, Weebly offers three main header varieties: Header, No Header, and Splash. With “Header,” you’ll get a regular, text-based header that you can edit at the top of your page. With “No Header,” there will be no header text at the top, and the page will simply start with the body content. With the “Splash” variant, a single header image takes up the whole page, and you can put your body text and other elements on top.
How do I change the header font in Weebly?
If you want to change the font of your headers on Weebly, you’ll need to use the “Theme” menu, which you can access from the menu bar along the top of the editor screen. After clicking “Theme,” select “Change Fonts” from the side menu and pick whichever fonts you like for your headers. Weebly offers a massive menu of fonts, from decorative cursive styles to simple straight lines.
How do you add a logo to Weebly header?
To add a logo as your main site header, just open your site via the Weebly editor. Next, click on the site header and switch from “Text” to “Logo” from the pop-up menu. You’ll then be able to upload an image directly from your computer to use as your Weebly header. Or, you can add a logo from a URL.
What’s the purpose of website headers?
Webpage headers exist to provide a title for your pages and introduce the main idea or message of each particular page. A classic example would be a page with the header “About Us” header, which introduces the idea that this page is all about the brand or company behind the site. Headers also have SEO purposes and are utilized by Google to figure out the context of a page.
Make Your Weebly Site Stand Out with Quality Headers
Like so many other things on Weebly, adding headers is a seamless and user-friendly experience. With a couple of clicks, you can make a new header, or edit a pre-existing one to make it more appealing.
Have you used Weebly to make your own website? Got any interesting tips or tricks to share that might help other users? Share your thoughts and ideas in the comments section.