How to Bold Text on Facebook
An average Facebook user sifts through hundreds of posts and comments each day, barely registering most of them. If you want to draw attention to your posts, comments, notes, and chats, you need to make them stand out. One of the best and simplest ways to highlight text is to bold it in your comments and posts.
Let’s investigate how to bold your posts and make them stand out.
Bold Text in Facebook Using Notes
Facebook Notes is no more, as of 2020, but there are other ways to bold text on Facebook. Notes had native Bold support as well as the Italicize feature. Existing Facebook notes were preserved, but you cannot make any new ones.
This section was left intentionally (but edited, of course) to point out that Notes was no longer an option to bold text in Facebook.
Facebook users need to use third-party apps and sites that can generate Unicode text that suits Facebook for all other bolding purposes.
Third-Party Apps to Bold Facebook Text
Since Facebook Notes is gone, third-party apps are an excellent solution to bold Facebook text.
Use YayText to Bold Facebook Text
YayText is one solution that is most reliable and consistent.
If you want your status update to stand out or attract more attention to a matter that’s important to you, you should try bolding select parts of the text with YayText.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Click on the “What’s on your mind?” box.
- Write your status, but do not publish it yet.
- Select a part of the text you’d like to bold and press “ctrl + C” in Windows or “command + C” in Mac to copy it. You can also right click and choose “Copy” in windows or two-finger tap and choose “Copy” in Mac.
- Open the YayText bold text generator page in a new tab.
- Paste the selected text into the generator’s “Your Text” box.
- The generator offers you several options to customize your text. The top two will only bold the text. Choose between the Serif and Sans options. Click on the “Copy” button next to your choice.
- Go back to Facebook, right-click (Windows/Linux) or two-finger tap (Mac) while on the selected text. Select “Paste” from the drop-down menu. The end result should look like this:
- Hit the “Share” button to publish your post.
Now, your post should be published with the bold text that you copied from YayText.
Bold Text in Profile
If you’d like to accentuate certain traits or facts about you in the “About You” section of your profile, here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to your profile.
- Click on the “Add Bio” link in the Intro section.
- Write your bio, but don’t publish it yet.
- Select a part of your description and “Copy” it.
- Open the YayText bold text generator in a new tab.
- “Paste” your selection into the Your Text box.
- Click on one of the bolding options. Keep in mind that the Sans option is most compatible with Facebook.
- Go back to your Facebook profile and replace the text you bolded on YayText. The end result might look like this:
- Hit the “Save” button.
Bold Text in Comments
YayText also allows you to bold text in Facebook comments. Follow these steps to make your words stand out:
- Find a post you’d like to comment on.
- Click on “Write a comment” and write your comment. Like in previous tutorials, don’t post it yet.
- Select and copy the portion of your comment that you’d like to appear in bold font.
- Open the bold text generator in a new tab.
- “Paste” your selection into the “Your Text” box.
- Click on one of the offered options. Your text is now copied to the clipboard and ready to be pasted into your comment.
- Go back to Facebook and replace the selected text with its bolded version. It should look something like this:
- Press “Enter” to add your comment to the discussion.
Bold Text in Facebook Chat
Finally, YayText allows you to bold text in your Facebook chats. Here’s how to surprise your friends with bold statements and comments.
- Open a chat window.
- Write your post, but don’t hit Enter.
- Select a part of the comment you’d like to appear bold. Copy it.
- Open the YayText bold text generator page in another tab.
- Paste your selection in the “Your Text” box.
- Select one of the offered options. Click on the “Copy” button next to it.
- Go back to Facebook.
- Replace the text in your chat message. Our result looks like this:
- Hit the “Send” button or press “Enter” on your keyboard.
The procedures above allow you to bold specific text using a third-party app by copying the text, pasting it into the text-altering app, then pasting the results into Facebook wherever you need. There are many other bold-texting apps available besides YayText that deliver stylized text in different ways, such as Fsymbols. As for mobile apps, Fontify is a good solution.
Give Them a Piece of Your Mind
Bolded comments or sections of a post might draw attention to a matter that’s important to you. However, use them sparingly. Frequent use might diminish the effect.
Do you bold your Facebook posts, comments, and chat messages?