How to Bold Text on Facebook
An average Facebook user sifts through hundreds of posts and comments daily, barely registering most of them. If you want to draw attention to your posts, comments, notes, and chats, you need to make them stand out. One of the best and simplest ways to highlight text is to bold it in your comments and posts.
Let’s investigate how to bold your Facebook posts and make them stand out.
Bold Text in Facebook Using Notes
Facebook Notes is no more, as of 2020, but there are other ways to bold text on Facebook. Notes had native Bold support as well as the Italicize feature. Facebook preserved existing Notes, but you cannot make any new ones.
This section was left intentionally (but edited, of course) to point out that Notes is no longer an option for getting bold text on Facebook.
Facebook users need to use third-party apps and sites that can generate Unicode text that suits Facebook for all other bolding purposes.
Third-Party Apps to Bold Facebook Text
Since Facebook Notes is gone, third-party apps are an excellent solution to bold Facebook text.
Use YayText to Bold Facebook Text
YayText is the most reliable and consistent method for bolding Facebook text.
If you want your status update to stand out or attract more attention to something important to you, you should try bolding select text with YayText.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to the Facebook website, log in if needed, then click on the “What’s on your mind?” box.
- Type your status, but do not post it yet.
- Highlight the text you’d like to make bold and press “Ctrl + C” (Windows) or “Command + C” (Mac) to copy it. You can also right-click it (Windows) or two-finger tap it (Mac) and choose “Copy.”
- Open the YayText bold text generator in a new tab and paste the selected text into the “Your Text” box.
- The generator offers you several options to customize your text—the top two bold the text without any other changes. Choose between the Serif and Sans options, then click on the “Copy” button next to your choice.
- Return to the “Facebook” tab, then confirm that the post text remains highlighted.
- Right-click (Windows/Linux) or two-finger tap (Mac) while on the selected text. Choose “Paste” from the drop-down options. You can also press “Ctrl + V” (Windows) or “Command + V” (Mac) to paste the formatted text.
- Hit the “Share” button to publish your post.
Once the above steps get completed, your post should appear with the bold text you copied from YayText.
Bold Text in Profile
If you’d like to accentuate certain traits or facts about you in the “About You” section of your profile, here’s how to do it:
- Navigate to your profile.
- Click on the “Add Bio” link in the Intro section.
- Write your bio, but don’t publish it yet.
- Select a part of your description and “Copy” it.
- Open the YayText bold text generator in a new tab.
- “Paste” your selection into the Your Text box.
- Click on one of the bolding options. Keep in mind that the Sans option is most compatible with Facebook.
- Return to your Facebook profile and replace the text you bolded on YayText.
- Hit the “Save” button.
Bold Text in Comments
YayText also allows you to bold text in Facebook comments. Follow these steps to make your words stand out:
- Click on “Write a comment” and type your response. Like in previous tutorials, don’t post it yet.
- Select and copy the portion of your comment that you’d like to appear in bold font.
- Open the bold text generator in a new tab.
- “Paste” your selection into the “Your Text” box.
- Click on one of the offered options. Your formatted text is now copied to the clipboard and ready to be pasted into your comment.
- Go back to Facebook and replace the selected text with its bolded version. It should look something like this:
- Press “Enter” to add your comment to the discussion.
Bold Text in Facebook Chat
Finally, YayText allows you to bold text in your Facebook chats. Here’s how to surprise your friends with bold statements and comments.
- Open a chat window.
- Write your post, but don’t hit Enter.
- Select a part of the comment you’d like to appear bold. Copy it.
- Open the YayText bold text generator page in another tab.
- Paste your selection in the “Your Text” box.
- Select one of the offered options. Click on the “Copy” button next to it.
- Go back to Facebook.
- Replace the text in your chat message. Our result looks like this:
- Hit the “Send” button or press “Enter” on your keyboard.
The procedures above allow you to bold specific text using a third-party app by copying it, pasting it into the text-altering app, then copying/pasting the results into Facebook. Many bold-texting apps besides YayText deliver stylized text in different ways, such as “Fsymbols.” As for mobile apps, “Fontify” is a good solution.
Give Them a Piece of Your Mind
Bolded comments or sections of a post might draw attention. However, use them sparingly. Frequent use might diminish the effect.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
3 thoughts on “How to Bold Text on Facebook”