How to Bypass a Ban in Roblox
Any game that gains popularity also inevitably gains more players breaking the rules. Some may argue that they got a ban for no reason, and in rare cases, this may be true. Regardless of what you did to earn an IP ban, you’re likely wondering how to get rid of it – and we’ve got the answer.
In this article, we’ll explain how the IP ban in Roblox works and how to bypass it. Additionally, we’ll answer some common questions related to bans in the game. Keep reading to get back to the game as soon as possible.
How to Bypass a Ban in Roblox
Roblox has different types of bans – for instance, you can get banned from specific places by other players or get an IP ban from Roblox moderators. In the latter case, you will be denied access to any Roblox server and get the 403-error message when your IP address is detected. Thus, to bypass the IP ban, you need to change your IP address – as simple as that. This can be done using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Before installing a VPN, you will need to clear your device of any files related to Roblox. If you’re playing on a tablet or phone, uninstall the Roblox app. You can safely reinstall it and log in after you’ve installed the VPN and changed your IP address.
If you’re playing on a PC, you’ll need to get a new browser. For instance, if you’re playing using Microsoft Edge, install Mozilla Firefox or Opera. If you already have two browsers and only use one to play Roblox, you can safely use the second one.
One of the most trustworthy and premium VPN providers currently available on the market is ExpressVPN. Here’s how to install the ExpressVPN app on a Windows, Mac, or Linux PC:
- Purchase the desired ExpressVPN plan from the official site. Upon purchasing, you will be prompted to register.
- Sign in to your ExpressVPN account.
- Check the e-mail you’ve entered when registering for a verification code. Enter the code when prompted on the ExpressVPN website.
- Click the green “Download” button for your operating system to download the ExpressVPN app.
- Copy the activation code shown on the ExpressVPN download page or keep the browser window open.
- Run the downloaded ExpressVPN installation file and follow on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Launch the app and enter the activation code from step 5.
If you’re playing Roblox on your Android phone or tablet, you will need to use the VPN on the same device. Here’s how to install it:
- Select a suitable ExpressVPN plan, purchase it, and register following on-screen instructions.
- Log in to the ExpressVPN dashboard.
- Open the e-mail you’ve entered when registering and copy the verification code sent by ExpressVPN. Paste the code into a dedicated window at the ExpressVPN website.
- Take a note of the activation code shown in the browser window.
- Head to Google Play Store and download the ExpressVPN app.
- Open the installed app and enter the activation code from step 5.
If you’re using Roblox on iOS, follow the instructions below to install the ExpressVPN app:
- Purchase any preferred ExpressVPN plan and register following on-screen instructions.
- Sign in to the ExpressVPN dashboard using your browser.
- Head to the e-mail you’ve entered when registering and find a verification code sent by ExpressVPN. Copy it and paste it when prompted on the ExpessVPN website.
- Copy the activation code that appears in your browser window.
- Download the ExpressVPN app from App Store.
- Launch the app and paste the activation code from step 5 into the dedicated window.
Next, you will need to change your IP address using the ExpressVPN app. Here’s how to do that:
- Launch the ExpressVPN app.
- Expand the dropdown menu on the app’s dashboard and select the desired server location.
- Click or tap the large red power button on the dashboard to connect to the server. Once the button turns green, your IP will be changed.
Now, you can safely launch Roblox and sign in to your account. The ban should be gone.
How Long Doesa Roblox Ban Last?
The duration of the Roblox ban depends on the type of ban, the reason for it, and your previous bans. Players who break the rules for the first time typically receive a warning or a one-day ban. If you’ve had a ban previously, the ban duration could extend to three or seven days based on the rule violation severity. If you get bans regularly, at some point, your account will be deleted permanently – and this won’t be as easily fixable as an IP ban.
Can I Use VPN on Multiple Devices?
The answer depends on your chosen VPN provider. ExpressVPN can be installed on five devices simultaneously without any additional fees. Alternatively, you can install it directly on your router to protect every device connected to its network. The installation instructions and compatibility may vary depending on the router model.
How Do I Get a Roblox Ban?
The correct question would be, “How do I avoid a Roblox ban?” Roblox moderators issue bans for game rule violations, such as:
· Harassing other players
· Posting or including inappropriate or adult content in games
· Discriminating other players
· Mentioning self-harm
That’s just a small portion of all the reasons you may get banned for on Roblox. Make sure to check the community’s standards to avoid getting banned in the future.
I Believe I Got Banned Falsely. What Should I Do?
Sometimes, mistakes happen. Although Roblox moderators tend to be fair and review each case individually, they may sometimes ban someone falsely. If you think you’ve been banned for no reason, you can appeal your account ban.
The moderators will then have a second look at the situation that got your account banned. This doesn’t guarantee anything, but if you truly didn’t violate the rules, your ban may get removed.
Be a Law-Abiding Player
Hopefully, our guide has helped you bypass the Roblox IP ban. To avoid getting banned in the future, read the Roblox community guidelines carefully and follow them strictly. And if you haven’t violated any rules, it’s a good idea to appeal your ban to the moderators. Mistakes happen, but the Roblox team tends to be fair and quickly remove false bans.
What was the reason you received a ban on Roblox? Share your experiences in the comments section below.