How to Change Language on Netflix on a PS4
Games consoles like the PS4 are now used for so much than just gaming. For example, many people use the PS4 to stream content from Netflix.
If you want to know how to change the language on your Netflix account using a PS4, or how to change your profile language, the subtitles, and audio language, keep reading this article. As an added bonus, there will also be some tips for optimal video streaming on a PS4, to maximize your Netflix viewing experience.
How to Access the Language Settings on Netflix on a PS4
Unfortunately, you can’t change your profile language on Netflix straight from your PS4. You need to do this on your internet browser, via a mobile device or a computer. But we’ll cover that in a minute. For now, let’s focus on the settings you can change on the PlayStation itself.
By the way, these tips work on both the PS3 and PS4. Here’s how you can change the audio language, or the subtitle language on Netflix, from your PS (3 or 4):
- Open the Netflix app on your PS3 or PS4.
- Play a show or a movie, it doesn’t matter which one.
- Use your controller and press the Down key while your content is streaming.
- Select the Dialog box. Confirm the pop-up that appears.
- Go into the subtitle or audio selection and choose your preferred language.
- Exit this menu and go back to your content. The language changes will be automatically saved and you should see them right away.
That’s all there is to it! You can use the same steps to change the audio or subtitle language for a movie or a show you’re watching whenever you want. Oh, and here’s another valuable tip.
In case you run into trouble with changing the subtitle language, try playing some movie or a show which is rated mature on Netflix. This will fix the issue in most cases, but don’t ask us why.
Now, the ability to change the language of the audio or the subtitles on your PS is nice, but what about the profile language?
How to Change Your Netflix Profile Language
For whatever reason, you simply can’t do this on your PS, and you probably won’t be able to in the future either. Don’t worry, these options are easily accessible on the web version of Netflix. All you need is a computer or mobile device (tablet or phone). Follow the steps to change your Netflix profile language:
- Use a computer or a mobile browser to log into Netflix.
- Find and choose the option to Manage Profiles.
- Pick a profile for which you want to change the language. This is great if you’re password sharing with your friends or family members who have different preferences.
- Choose the desired Language from that menu. You have plenty of options at your disposal, hopefully, you get the language you wanted.
- Log out of your Netflix account and log in once more to save the changes.
If there are any issues and your language isn’t properly displayed, you can try the mature content trick we showed you in the previous section. Otherwise, you can try resetting your language again, only pick English this time. After that, log out, and change the language preference back to what it was before.
Tips for a Better PS4 Netflix Experience
Now that we’ve covered all the language options for Netflix on PS4, let’s talk about getting the most out of it. Obviously, you need PSN for watching Netflix on your PS4. If the PSN service is in maintenance, Netflix won’t work.
The basic stream quality should be 1080p, but you can bump that to 4K streaming. For 1080p streaming, you only need a basic Netflix subscription, PSN access, and at least 10 Mbps internet speed. It’s best to discuss the latter with your internet provider.
For 4K streaming, you need to dish out a little extra cash. You need the PS4 Pro, a TV that supports 4K streaming, and the 4K Netflix subscription. Also, you need a stable internet connection with at least 25 Mbps speed, if not more.
In this article, we assume that you already have the Netflix PS4 app. In case you don’t, install it and update it on your device. You need your Netflix credentials to sign in, but you can also use the trial period for Netflix on your PS4.
That should cover everything regarding the language options for Netflix on PS4. If you follow our instructions, you’ll get the content you want in your preferred language in no time. In case there’s something wrong, contact the official Netflix support desk and ask them for help.
What’s your favorite movie or TV show on Netflix? Do you prefer Netflix over playing games on your PS? Let us know in the comments section below.