How To Change Wallets in OpenSea
OpenSea is one of the most popular NFT marketplaces. When users sign in, they’re asked to connect their cryptocurrency wallets to the platform. Because crypto wallets each have distinct characteristics, you might be interested in switching from one to another. This could be due to more favorable gas fees, or simply because you prefer a particular platform. This tutorial will walk you through changing wallets in OpenSea. We’ll show you how to switch between commonly used wallets, like MetaMask and Coinbase. We’ll also look at how to change to an alternative blockchain like Polygon.
How to Change Your Wallet in OpenSea on a PC
OpenSea allows you to match one crypto wallet to your profile at a time. However, the platform supports multiple wallets, and you can easily switch from one to another. Here’s how.
- From your PC browser, log in to your OpenSea account.
- Click the My Wallet icon located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select your preferred wallet from the list that appears.
That’s it. You have switched from one crypto wallet to another in OpenSea.
You may decide you would like to change to a wallet built on an alternative blockchain. You will require Chainlist, an EVM network that allows applications to interact with the blockchain. These steps will show you how to proceed. We’ve used Polygon and MetaMask as examples, but the process will be the same for other crypto wallets.
- Go to Chainlist and tap on “Connect Wallet,” located in the bottom-right corner.
- With your wallet connected, add Polygon to it by entering Polygon in the search bar.
- Select it from the list and press “Add to MetaMask.”
- In the pop-up message from MetaMask, tap “Switch Network.”
- Follow the MetaMask prompts to add Polygon.
- Navigate to MetaMask and click on the displayed network.
- A drop-down menu will appear with a list of networks. Tap Polygon to use it as your new wallet.
You have successfully changed wallets in OpenSea.
How to Change Your Wallet in OpenSea on an iPad
OpenSea supports multiple wallets and allows users to switch between them quickly. The steps described here will show you how to do that on your iPad.
- Open your OpenSea app and tap the Profile icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the new wallet from the list displayed.
You have now switched wallets in OpenSea.
You can also change the wallet you use with OpenSea to one built on an alternative blockchain. The EVM network Chainlist will enable you to do this. The method outlined here will teach you to add other blockchains to your OpenSea wallet. We’ve used MetaMask and Polygon as examples, but the process will be the same for all other wallets.
- Open Chainlist and press “Connect Wallet” in the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Type “Polygon” in the search bar and select it in the list below.
- Tap “Switch Network”.
- Follow the instructions to add Polygon to your wallet.
- Head to MetaMask and tap on the network displayed at the top of the page.
- Select your preferred blockchain network and hit “Polygon” to use it in OpenSea.
You have now switched wallets in OpenSea on your iPad.
How to Change Your Wallet in OpenSea on an iPhone
While OpenSea only allows you to connect one crypto wallet to your profile at a time, you can have multiple wallets on the platform. Switching between them is a pretty straightforward process, as demonstrated below.
- Launch the OpenSea app and click on the Profile icon in the right corner.
- Select your preferred wallet from the list displayed.
In just three steps, you have switched wallets in OpenSea.
You may also be interested in changing to a wallet on an alternative blockchain. Polygon is an attractive option because there are no gas fees to deal with. You will have to use Chainlist, an EVM network that OpenSea utilizes for such functions. The steps highlighted here will show you how to do this. We have used Polygon and MetaMask as examples, but the method should work with other crypto wallets as well.
- Head to Chainlist and hit “Connect Wallet” in the right corner of the page.
- Locate the search bar and input Polygon. Select it from the list that appears.
- Follow the prompts provided by MetaMask to add Polygon to the wallet.
- From the drop-down list that appears, select “Polygon” to complete the process.
You have successfully changed wallets in OpenSea.
How to Change Your Wallet in OpenSea on an Android Device
OpenSea has made switching wallets a pretty uncomplicated process. We’ll show you how to do that here.
- Open the OpenSea app and click on the Profile icon at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the wallet you would like to use from the list displayed.
That’s it. You have changed wallets in OpenSea.
You can add a wallet that’s on an alternative blockchain. To do that, follow the steps shown here. We are using Polygon and MetaMask as examples, but the process should be the same for any wallet you are using.
- Open Chainlist and click “Connect Wallet” in the top-right corner.
- Search for “Polygon” in the search bar and select it from the list.
- Follow the MetaMask prompts to add Polygon to the wallet.
- Select “Polygon” from the drop-down list to use it as the new wallet.
Your OpenSea wallet has now been changed.
Switch Things Up
OpenSea is one of the most popular NFT marketplaces available. The platform allows you to connect your profile to one crypto wallet, but that doesn’t mean you are stuck with your first choice. This tutorial shows you how to quickly switch from one wallet to another within the marketplace.
Have you changed wallets in OpenSea? What was the process like for you? Let us know in the comments section below.