How to Create a Poll in TikTok
If you’re new to TikTok, you may not know how to create a poll.
A poll allows you to ask your followers a question, which they can answer by selecting one of the two answers you’ve provided. These polls increase user interaction and allow you to gauge how your followers respond to your content.
Fortunately, adding a poll to your TikTok videos is relatively straightforward. With the simple steps in this guide, we’ll show you how it’s done and how to view the results.
How to Create a Poll in TikTok on the iPhone App
When adding a poll in TikTok, the setup is slightly different from other platforms such as Instagram. For example, Instagram Stories’ Create Mode allows you to find features like polls all in one place. In contrast, TikTok requires you to upload a video first before the poll feature becomes available.
If you’ve never used this feature and own an iPhone, here’s how you do it:
- Open the TikTok app on your iPhone.
- Click on the icon at the bottom of the screen that allows you to create a new video (the white plus sign in a black rectangle with blue and pink trim.)
- Create your video, or upload one from your gallery. When you have the video you want to use, tap “Next.”
- The editing screen will open. Navigate to the bottom of the screen and tap on the “Stickers” icon (the smiley face.) In the “Stickers” menu that opens, choose the “Poll” option.
- Now, type in the question you want to ask on your poll. Follow this by typing in the answers users can choose from. For example, “Yes,” or “No” or even “Sometimes,” or “Never.”
- When you are happy with your poll, select “Done” in the top right corner of the screen. Then tap “Next” at the bottom right of the screen. Now, add your caption and tags to the video.
- Click “Post” at the bottom right of the screen to publish your video and poll to TikTok.
How to Create a Poll in TikTok on the Android App
Adding a poll to TikTok on your Android device is quick and simple to do. Just follow these steps:
- Navigate to the TikTok app on your Android device and tap to open it.
- Once the app is open, locate the plus sign icon at the bottom center of the screen and tap it to create or upload a new video.
- When you are satisfied with the video, choose “Next.” An editing screen will open, and at the bottom of this screen, you will find the option to add “Stickers.” Tap on this icon (indicated by a smiley face).
- From the sticker’s menu, choose the “Polls” sticker. A prompt will appear – type in the question you want to ask, followed by the answers in the two blocks below.
- Click “Done” in the top right corner of the screen.
- Add in any other effects or music, and then tap “Next” at the bottom right of the screen.
- Insert your caption and the tags you want to use before tapping “Post” on the bottom right of the screen. Your video will then post to TikTok.
How to Create a Poll in TikTok on a PC
Creating a poll on TikTok is a little more complicated. The platform is made for use on iPhone and Android and is not yet supported on PC. So, while you can use TikTok web on your PC, it won’t allow you to utilize many in-app features.
However, there is a way around this by using a program like BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an emulator that will enable you to access the mobile version of TikTok on your PC and use all the features as usual. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC. Open BlueStacks and make your way to the “Home” screen. Locate the “Game Center” tab and click on it. Under “Recommended,” choose the Google Play store.
- Sign in to Google Play and then download and install TikTok.
- Navigate back to your BlueStacks library and locate the TikTok app. Open the TikTok app and sign in. You will now be able to use it the same way as you would on your mobile device.
- To upload and edit your videos on TikTok using BlueStacks, you must first upload them to Bluestacks before adding them to TikTok. Navigate to your BlueStacks “Home” screen. Locate the “Library” and select it. Then choose “System Apps” followed by “Media Manager.”
- Click on “Import From Windows or Mac,” depending on the PC you have. You will find this tab in the bottom left corner of the window. Select the video you want and upload it.
- Navigate back to your TikTok app on Bluestacks. Select the plus sign icon at the bottom center of the screen. Click on “Upload” and choose the video you have just added to BlueStacks.
- Choose “Next,” and the editing screen will open. At the bottom of the screen, locate the smiley face icon that will open up your “Stickers” page, and click on it.
- Select the sticker named “Polls.” Type in your question and the two answer options you want to give your followers.
- Click “Done” in the top right corner of the screen. Add in any other effects or music, then choose “Next” at the bottom right of the page. Here you can add in your tags and the caption you want to include with your video.
- Click “Post” to publish your video to TikTok.
How Do I View the Results of My TikTok Poll?
After publishing your video with a poll to TikTok, you can see how your followers voted. Here’s how to see what votes were cast and by whom:
1. Open your TikTok app.
2. Next, navigate to the video with the poll and tap on it.
3. Click on the “Poll Sticker.” An option to “View Poll Results” will pop up. Tap on this option.
4. A screen will appear indicating how many votes each answer received and who voted for each response.
Adding a poll to your TikTok video is relatively straightforward once you know which steps to navigate. While creating a poll in TikTok on your PC is a little trickier, the steps in this guide should make the process a little less challenging. Try it a few times, and soon you will be creating polls with your eyes shut.
The only thing you’ll need to worry about is what video content to create next!
Have you created a TikTok video with a polling sticker before? Did you use a method similar to those outlined in this guide? Let us know in the comments section below.