How to Add Alerts to a Live Stream on Twitch
If you want to improve your streams on Twitch, adding customized alerts is a great option. Whether you want to thank your viewers or get them to subscribe and donate, the alerts can make your streams stand out from the crowd.
If you’re interested in learning how to create Twitch alerts, this article can help. You’ll find out how to create and add alerts to your live streams.
How to Add Alerts to a Live Stream on Twitch on a PC
You can get Twitch alerts in several ways. One of the most popular ways is to use Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and Streamlabs.
OBS is a program for recording and live streaming that can be used for Twitch. Streamlabs is software that is used with OBS to stream notifications. It’s usually used for Twitch but can be used on various live stream platforms.
Both programs are free and easy to use, which is why they’re so popular in the gaming world. Here are the steps on how to set them up and add alerts to Twitch:
- If you don’t have it, download and install OBS by visiting this website. Once you install it, connect it to your Twitch account.
- Go to streamlabs.com and log in with your Twitch account. If this is your first time on Streamlabs, you’ll have to verify your account.
- Tap “Alert box.” If you don’t see this option, type “Alert box” in the search bar. Customize your alerts in General Settings.
- Once you’ve set up your alerts, you can choose when they will show up. For example, you can enable alerts for follows and disable them for subscriptions. Keep in mind that you’re customizing alerts for each action.
- Get your widget URL by tapping “Copy.”
- Go to OBS, tap the plus icon and then tap “Add a browser source.”
- Name your alert. We recommend naming it after specific actions. For example, if you’ve enabled alerts for follows, name them “Follower alerts.” That way, you’ll know the source.
- Tap “Okay,” and then paste the URL you copied from Streamlabs.
- Customize where the alert will display.
- Go to Streamlabs and tap “Test follow.” This step isn’t mandatory, but it’s recommended because you want to ensure everything’s running smoothly.
How to Add Alerts to a Live Stream on Twitch on an iPhone
If you want to stream games from your iPhone and enable alerts, you’ll be happy to know you can do it in just a few clicks. Streamlabs, one of the most popular broadcasting apps, enables you to customize your alerts and stream your mobile game with no interferences.
Read the steps below to add alerts to a Twitch live stream on iPhone:
- Go to the App Store and download Streamlabs.
- Log in with your Twitch account.
- Choose whether you want to stream from your camera or share your screen.
- Go to the main menu and tap “Alerts.”
- Customize what alerts you’d like to enable. For example, you can enable alerts only for follows and leave the rest disabled. Also, you can tap “Show all alerts” to enable all of them.
- Tap “Go live,” and then tap “Twitch.”
That’s it. You can now stream your games directly from your iPhone with alerts.
How to Add Alerts to a Live Stream on Twitch on an Android Device
If you’re an Android user, adding alerts to a live stream on Twitch is simple thanks to Streamlabs. The broadcasting app allows you to enable alerts for different actions. The app is completely free and easy to use.
Here are the steps on how to add alerts to a Twitch live stream on Androids:
- Go to the Play Store and download Streamlabs.
- Log in using your Twitch account.
- Choose if you want to stream from your camera or share your screen.
- Access the main menu and tap “Alerts.”
- Choose what alerts you’d like to enable. For example, you can enable alerts only for subscriptions and leave the rest disabled. Also, you can tap “Show all alerts” to enable all of them.
- Tap “Go live,” and then tap “Twitch.”
How can I make my own customized alerts?
If you want to stand out from the crowd, you can design your own alerts and make your streams unique. We recommend using Canva, a platform where you can find hundreds of interesting designs or use a tool to create your own.
What are the most popular Twitch alerts used?
As previously mentioned, it’s up to you to choose what alerts you want to enable in Twitch. Some alerts are more popular than others, and it’s recommended to enable them:
• New Cheer – This alert comes up whenever a follower donates bits to you.
• New Donation – You’ll see this alert if you’re using Streamlabs. It’s triggered whenever you get tipped.
• New Followers – This alert comes up whenever you get a new follower.
• New Host – If a different channel hosts you, you’ll see this alert.
• New Raid – Whenever a streamer raids your channel, this alert will come up.
Make Your Streams Unique
Learning how to create Twitch alerts has multiple benefits for your streaming. Whether you’re trying to attract more followers, praise the existing ones, or make your profile stand out, Twitch alerts are a must in the streaming world.
Numerous programs and tools offer templates for Twitch alerts, but the most popular one is Streamlabs. It’s free, easy to use, and available for both PC and mobile phones.
Do you often customize Twitch alerts? Do you use one of the programs mentioned in this article? Tell us in the comments section below.