How to Make an Invisible Discord Name
Since the popular chatting platform Discord launched in 2015, it has become more than just a forum for gamers. Audiences with different interests (ages 13 and older) use Discord to hang out and catch up with their friends and communities.
Though there are protocols in place to protect users, Discord also offers you the option to hide your identity by making your username “invisible.” If you want to learn how to hide your Discord username, we’ll show you how using the desktop and mobile app.
You can also make your avatar invisible as well; our FAQ section includes how this is done.
How to Make an Invisible Discord Name on a PC
To create an invisible (blank) Discord name from your desktop, via the app or web browser version, do the following:
- Launch Discord and sign into your account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the User Settings icon.
- From the My Account area, click the Edit button in the middle window.
- Clear the username text field, then copy and paste – with no spaces, this special character “˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞ ” (tilde) into the text field.
- Click Done.
- Now check that you show up as Online with an invisible username.
How to Make an Invisible Discord Name on the iPhone App
To display a blank username on Discord, do the following via your iOS device:
- Open the Discord app then sign into your account.
- At the top left, tap the hamburger menu.
- Tap the three-dotted menu icon at the top right.
- Tap Change Nickname.
- Paste the following special character “˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞ ” (tilde) without any spaces into the text field.
You now have an invisible username.
How to Make an Invisible Discord Name on an Android Device
For an invisible discord name, do the following from your Android device:
- Open the Discord app and sign in.
- Tap the hamburger menu icon, at the top left.
- At the top right, tap the three-dotted menu icon.
- Select Change Nickname.
- Paste the following special character “˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞˞ ” (tilde) with no spaces in the text field.
You now have a blank username.
Can I have a blank Discord name?
Only what appears to be blank, there is still a character.
How Can I Make My Profile Picture Invisible on Discord?
To create an invisible Discord Avatar, first, you’ll need to download a transparent .PNG image to your desktop or mobile device. This is an image with a transparent background. Then to make it your invisible Avatar from your desktop:
1. Open Discord and sign into your account.
2. Click the User Settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. From My Account, click on the three-dotted menu icon to the right of the image placeholder.
4. Click Change Avatar.
5. Locate and select the transparent background .PNG image, then Open.
6. From the Edit Media screen, select Apply then Save Changes.
Your Avatar will now be the same color as the background.
Can I Have My Name Appear as Just One Letter?
Yes, you can have a one-letter or one-symbol Discord username. It’s probably easier to set it up from your desktop, so here’s how:
1. Sign into your Discord account.
2. Navigate to Mediafire to download the swag.txt file and save it to your desktop.
3. Open the swag.txt file, delete the exclamation mark, and replace it with the letter or symbol you want as your username.
4. Now copy everything, (your letter and the special character).
5. Back in your Discord account, click the User Settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
6. Under My Account, in the middle pane, click the Edit button.
7. Clear your current username, then paste the contents copied earlier from the text file.
8. Click Save.
Your username will now display as one letter.
Be the Discord User Without a Name
Popular chatting platform Discord offers tricks for customizing how your account is shown when online, including the option to display a blank username. This option is perfect for being discrete yet still stand out and maintaining a cool mysterious identity. Although Discord has safety protocols in place, this option also protects your identity.
Creating an invisible username is not as hard as it may sound. You simply add the special tilde character (~) into the Username or Nickname text field in your account. Discord is unable to display that character, therefore, giving you a blank username.
Are there any other methods you’ve considered to hide or customize your identity? How long have you been using the platform? Tell us what you generally think about Discord in the comments section.